Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (3MAX)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-23-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I've got a good friend who's 8 year old son accepted Christ yesterday. His son has been asking questions for some time now, but after a recent trip to the PWT in Knoxville where he met Shaun Murray, he decided he was ready!

Both of our sons have watched Shaun's testimonies on Youtube, and he's been a great influence as they've gotten really intrested in wakeboarding over the past couple of years. My friend's boy asked him if he would let Shaun know that he's been saved. So, does anyone know how to get in touch with Shaun Murray?

I realize it's not cool to be giving out personal emails in public forums, but if someone could PM me, or even send Murray this message, that would be great.

Thanks for your help!
Old    mojo            08-23-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
ya, cause 8 year olds are so capable of making life decisions.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
time and place, mojo.
Old     (hrwboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-23-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
That's a wonderful thing to hear. It's great that a professional in our sport can have such a positive influence.
Old    mojo            08-23-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
well it's 100% true. given the opportunity he would just as likely agree to only eating candy for the next decade. anyways, i would suggest calling the boarding school and seeing if they can help you out.
Old     (3MAX)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-23-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
well it's 100% true. given the opportunity he would just as likely agree to only eating candy for the next decade. anyways, i would suggest calling the boarding school and seeing if they can help you out.
I'll take your advice and give the boarding school a call. I should have thought of that.

Just so you know, our families are very involved in church, and we take this decision very seriously. My son became a Christian last year, and it's not something we talked him in to. We and others have taught them about Jesus and what it means to be a Christian, but we would never try to pressure them into making a decision. It's got to be their decision, and we make sure they understand sin and salvation.

Thank all of you for the comments. Our families are definately proud of our kids!
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-23-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
That's so cool man I'm really happy for him! R M christ can affect anyone's life, even a 8 year olds. Shaun is a coach at theboardingschool and I'm sure they might be able to relay a message for you through their website!
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-23-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
Who is to say how old you are when you reach the age of accountability? Its different for everyone. One thing is for certain....No one is without excuse. Congrats Jason. I know you must be so proud.
Old     (BIZZWSR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-23-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
Congrats to your friends son. It is a very exciting time in your life when you choose to follow the lord. I am very excited for him. Shawn checks these forums from time to time I am sure he will be finding out very soon.
Old     (mtomson2)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-23-2010, 10:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MAX View Post
Hey guys, I've got a good friend who's 8 year old son accepted Christ yesterday. His son has been asking questions for some time now, but after a recent trip to the PWT in Knoxville where he met Shaun Murray, he decided he was ready!

Both of our sons have watched Shaun's testimonies on Youtube, and he's been a great influence as they've gotten really intrested in wakeboarding over the past couple of years. My friend's boy asked him if he would let Shaun know that he's been saved. So, does anyone know how to get in touch with Shaun Murray?

I realize it's not cool to be giving out personal emails in public forums, but if someone could PM me, or even send Murray this message, that would be great.

Thanks for your help!
I have a small thread and will let him know. He is on Facebook. Also he cruises these forums and might come across your thread.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2010, 12:33 AM Reply   
Jason, I sent him an email on your behalf. I am sure he will contact you.
Old     (3MAX)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-24-2010, 5:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
Jason, I sent him an email on your behalf. I am sure he will contact you.
Thanks Chris, I really appreciate it.
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
I was 6 when I accepted Christ. I am 30 years old now, and do not doubt the decision I made. There is no question in my mind that I was truly saved 24 years ago. My relationship with God is different now than it was then, because I'm capable of having a more intimate relationship with Him, but believe me, I knew what I was doing back then.

That is a great story Jason. I can't imagine the excitement and pride a father must feel when his son or daughter makes the most important decision a person can ever make.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-24-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
shaun belmont murray is his wakeworld name it may be on some posts but i don't know how to search for it.
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-24-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Congrats Jason Mack!!! PTL!!!
Old     (Srigsby)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-24-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
I'm the friend Jason referred to above. For any doubters out there, this was not something my son "agreed" to do. For any belivers, here's how it happened: My son and I were studying his AWANA verses for the upcoming class Sunday night and he began asking me questions about getting saved and baptism. This isn't the first time he's asked these questions, so I answered them and didn't think much of it. He told me that he'd been wanting to be baptized, but he was scared of being in front of the congregation. I explained that me and his mom would be right there with him and he had nothing to be scared of. He then told me he was ready and wanted to be saved. We said a prayer and talked about his decision (making sure he understood what he was doing). He then began asking about brothers and sisters in Christ. He asked if he and Jason's son would be brothers in Christ since he was saved, in which I replied, yes. The next question was if he and Shaun Murray would be brothers, since Shaun is a Christian, the reply again was yes. My son wanted us to call Jason's son to let him know. He then asked if we could email Shaun as well. That was it.
I couldn't be prouder of my son for the decision he's made.
I would like to personally thank Shaun for his influence and give him notice that he has a new brother in Christ - as promised. I would also like to thank Jason and his family for their equally important influence.

Thanks for all the notes of support I've seen here.

Shane
Old    ScottRobinson            08-24-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Wow....just read thru all this....very cool. I love that a professional athlete is having a positive impact on someone's life.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
very cool...
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Im not bashing at all but was wondering what you are refering to when you say "saved".. Saved from who, or what?? .
Old     (3MAX)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-24-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_x15 View Post
Im not bashing at all but was wondering what you are refering to when you say "saved".. Saved from who, or what?? .
"Saved" from sin (sin being anything contrary to God's law). Everone has sinned, and sin separates us from God. The punishment for sin is eternal separation from God in hell. The only way to be saved from these consequences is by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior. He lived a sinless life, and was crucified, becoming the perfect sacrifice for all sin. We can all be "saved" through His offering of grace by simply accepting Him as the son of God, and the only true way to heaven.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-24-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hummm i am really not sure, maybe beacuse here in canada we take this a little bit slowly or GOd is not that important, but are you trying to contact shaun to ask him to talk to your son about the best decision to believe in GOD ?

well i am not sure to get it sorry but i am really proud that your son can pray with you now ...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-24-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
Very cool Shane and Jason. Thanks for sharing an encouraging story, and I know Shaun will be humbled to have been a part of your son's spiritual journey.

Rob - Jason pretty much nailed it, but read these few verses to hear it from the horse's mouth so to speak. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, and Ephesians 2:8-10. Good question though and keep 'em coming.
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-24-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
I highly doubt an 8 year old had a "spiritual journey". He just went in the direction his parents pushed him. At 8 when your parents tell you that Santa Clause is real, you believe them. So when they tell you that if you don't believe in Christ you will burn in hell or whatever, they will probably go for it too. I was also saved at a young age without really having a good understanding of what it meant, it was not until I became an adult that I really had the knowledge to make decisions for myself.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
I am getting in contact with him.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-24-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Shaun is a stand up guy and not preachy and a good example of what I think Christians should be. Just lives his life the way thats best for him and lets his example lead. Got to spend one day with the guys all good people and have no clue what their religious leanings are. Congrats to you and your family. Growing up church was huge for me and my entire family.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-24-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Congratulations such a great story and its great to have another brother in Christ. For the other people doubting that his son made the right decision maybe you should turn to the Lord to and ask for your forgiveness before its to late....I cant believe anyone would even question this story it is just sad to see that this is what are world has come to .

I have met S. Murray a few times a very great guy and awesome story how he influnced a young childs life.

Congrats to all and God Bless
Old     (mtomson2)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2011, 12:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun_murray View Post
I am getting in contact with him.
Your Awesome Shaun
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-10-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
Jason..there are lots of guys on here that HAVE YOUR BACK and your thoughts. You become or absorb what is around you and it sounds like the 8 year old has it goin on. Rock on man. Jet
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-24-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
how do you accept Christ at 8 years old? there is no way an 8 year old kid has the mental capacity to truly grasp religion in that way. I'm not Christian but when I was 8 and being told stories from the Torah, they seemed cool but I in know way drew a spiritual connection to them. At 25 it is even difficult contemplating spirituality and religion. I just now read my first book on the Kabbalah and that sent me for a loop in what I thought I believed. the last person to accept Christ at 8 years old was George Bush and look where that landed us jk jk.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-24-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
I will add to that. I recently found a picture from 1999 of Shaun autographing my tshirt at OWC. I was 14 years old and more awe struck by Murray than the Rabbbi who performed my Bar Mitzvah. The kid didn't find God, he found Shaun Murray and just wants to emulate his idol. I was definitely hard core hyperlite from that day on lol.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
"The kid didn't find God, he found Shaun Murray and just wants to emulate his idol"
Shaun is not going to take any credit here. The kid might want to be like Shaun but Shaun will tell you himself that he is the person he is because of what Christ has done in his life. If you guys haven't anything nice to say about this kids experience why not just leave it. We know zero about this family and this kid has made a decision that will determine the course of his life.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-24-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
While I find your news of your son's new decision awesome, congrats btw, I was wondering how long it would take before the internet trolls sunk into this thread... Hopefully they dont, as this is awesome news. I wish I was as brave as your 8yr old son!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-24-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
I'm going to have to agree with chris on this one. if you don't have anything good to say then why take the time to say/write it? Obviously the people that are saying these negative things have not been saved themselves. All i have to say to those of you doubting all of this...I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-24-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
I was wondering how long it would take before the internet trolls sunk into this thread
Try post #2. :-) I've never understood the self gratification that comes out of bagging on somebody's beliefs...especially when they are 8 years old. We are all influenced in different directions by different people in our lives. Some people are steered towards church and others might be steered strongly away from church. We don't criticize the people that shut their kids off from the opportunity to pursue religion...only the ones that do encourage their kids to pursue it. Having an understanding of sin and a saving grace can happen very young. Maybe some kids really believe when they accept at 8 years old, or maybe others feel pressure by parents, their church, school, etc. Either way it will depend how the respond to that calling that will ultimately define their lives.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
I accepted Christ at 12, I'm still a Christian and I knew everything I needed to know at 12 to make that decision. Just because you weren't ready at 8, does not make it crazy to think an 8 year old could make that same decision. God Bless
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-24-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
Congratulations!!!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       08-25-2010, 5:03 AM Reply   
Murrays the best
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-25-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
I second that Murray is the best
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-25-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Amen to his decision. In my opinion, an 8 year old can easily understand salvation. It's important to make a distinction between religion and salvation...it doesn't mean he knows all of his religions views and philosophies, but he gets the core (which is all that really matters anyway)...Christ is his personal Savior who died to take away his sins. Praise God for the influence of Christians like Shaun.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
I knew this thread was debate bound.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-25-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
May also want to check in with Mike Schwenne at West Coast Camps on the West Coast. He leads/promotes similar values and is a fantastic role model.
Old     (3MAX)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-25-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I really appreciate all of the positive comments. I didn't intend to start a debate, just wanted to share this family's good news and find out how to contact Shaun. This boy wasn't saved because of Shaun, he just thought it was cool that they are now "brothers in Christ" and he asked his dad if they could let Shaun know. Shaun is a great role model and influence, and I've personally thanked him for that.

8 years old is not to early to have faith in Jesus Christ. No doubt this child's understanding and relationship with Christ will grow as he matures, but we are saved by faith, and he has that.

Obviously I'm not going to convince those with opposing views, so this will be my last post here.

Thanks to those that helped us contact Shaun!
Old     (Srigsby)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-26-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
For all of those wandering - My son was able to email Shaun and tell him he had a new brother in Christ. Shaun replied back within hours and could not have been any cooler.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-27-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
Shaun is a great role model. Congrats to your son. Sorry you had to deal with the ignorance.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-28-2010, 5:30 AM Reply   
Honestly, this is a little sick (not in a good way). What is his response to the Jews being the chosen people? Just curious...

Last edited by kyle_L; 08-28-2010 at 5:32 AM.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-28-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Shaun is a good dude.
Years ago,when Shaun first hit it big on the scene, my daughter did a report on him for school,and I let him know.
He thought it was very cool.

as far as relegion,aint goin there with ya'll.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-30-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
My 7 year old daughter accepted Jesus as her savior this past week. I am super stoked. Now her 5 year old brother is asking her questions about being saved. It is a wonderful life changing moment. I am so happy for your 8 year old son. Ones who criticize and condemn this obviously do not follow Christ. Which is truly sad that they continue life being empty inside. Murray has given personal testimony which is fantastic in helping giving direction for someone who is searching. As for idol, he is not. As Christians we don't worship idols. We follow the one true God and savior and his name is Jesus Christ. Murray followed his heart and God used him to share his feelings and what he has learned from his life. This 8 year old heard the message that God hand for him thru Shaun Murray. This is what God asks for from true believers. To reach out to the needy. Needy does not mean the poor all the time. It also means to the ones who are list and lack the knowledge of knowing the truth. Don't say Christ is not for everyone. Because that could not be farther from the truth. He died for ALL of us. Now it is up to YOU to accept him and for you to decide when no matter what age.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-30-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
great, more brainwashed kids...
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post
great, more brainwashed kids...

Funny how the tolerant and the superior and full of hate like to come out and mock make fun of other peoples belief on a message board. I am not even a christian so I am going to throw this out there your just being a JERK. Why not just let these dumb brain washed christians live in their own dumb mindless world. Your a joke Mr city planner.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
Hey jason, I'm really stoked that your friend's son accepted Christ on his own, at an early age. In a world where it's socially unacceptable to stand up for what you believe in, it's pretty amazing that a kid would be willing to make that sort of sacrifice. Furthermore, I'm really glad to hear that there are pro christian riders (not just Shaun, i.e. Randall Harris, Emily Copeland-Durham, and many others) out there letting their light shine for christ through this venue. I'd really like to meet Shaun someday, not cause of his riding ability, but because I hear so many stories like this.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-30-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
can we move this thread over to jesus discussion??
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Just curious, does one need to get written permission from god in order to use writings of faith?
or is it plagiarism?
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrodeziak View Post
Just curious, does one need to get written permission from god in order to use writings of faith?
or is it plagiarism?
it's God, and no you dont.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-30-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
can we move this thread over to jesus discussion??
Agreed. right next to the "Goes in an infinite circle" discussion, and the "subjects where everyone should just believe what they want to believe and leave it at that" discussion. I'd at least settle for the non-wakeboarding discussion thread, i guess. I'm tired of seeing it on the wakeboard discussion when i come to read about WAKEBOARDING and instead its people just headbutting their beliefs
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-30-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
I am a Christian who was saved at a very young age.

I have had more than my share of struggles with my beliefs in God and Jesus through the years but think it is great that this little kid has made this decision. He may not understand completely what he is doing at this point but there will be a day when he will and either embrace or reject this and until then he will learn great values and a great community of people who will love him.

I love the brainwashing comments. All kids are brainwashed. It is called parenting. We are brainwashed with manners, religion, social norms, and just about anything else that our parents believe in. Kids become adults and can make their own decisions but until that day they need guidance also known as brainwashing.

Brandon, If you believe what I believe then God's love is conditional. If you don't accept him as Christ you will burn in hell for eternity. I would call that a condition.
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-30-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
Jon...God's love is unconditional. Salvation is another story.

Brandon
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Just another angry atheist. No one in this thread called you, was on your TV or said anything about you burning in hell turn or burn. Instead just hey can someone tell me how to find Murray my son had a life changing experience and wanted to chat with him. Then angry atheist guy has to mock, make fun, denigrate. You did not even have to read the thread but you did and had to be an a hole about it. Just like you tell all those christians if you dont like it change the channel, turn off the radio go to a different school. Poor example your leading. Poor angry atheist go practice your religion in peace and quiet. So open minded your brain leaked out.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon4pres View Post
Brandon, If you believe what I believe then God's love is conditional. If you don't accept him as Christ you will burn in hell for eternity. I would call that a condition.
His love does not have conditions, his eternal plan however does.
basic Christianity... John 3:16 for example. He loves the WORLD, making his love unconditional. Eternal life and salvation does have conditions, absolutely. It reminds me of the whole "Love the sinner, hate the sin" type of thing.

and for those who want this thread moved and for others who's eyes it burns to be forced to read every line in here, click the pretty little x. No one is forcing you to read anything. get over it.
Old    mojo            08-30-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
we criticize you for your insane idea that because other's don't want to believe in christ that we are somehow lesser people. don't act like you don't think that. do good go to heaven-christian. do good go to heaven-muslim. same f'n thing. and just to throw this out there, judaism is far older than christianity and much less of a "if you don't follow what i say you will burn" type of religion, but still wrong. do you blame god or jesus when someone you know dies or something really bad happens to you? no, yet you praise him when something good happens. can't have it both ways sheep
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-30-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
As a Christian, it is not "doing good" that gets you to Heaven. It is through the Grace of God given to us through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It is available to all of us.

Brandon
Old    mojo            08-30-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
im an atheist now, but raised jewish and i'd have to say jesus would like me way more than any christian. we don't do perverse things and then say it's in the name of him. and we don't have commercials telling people to convert. just modern day crusades. ya'll remember what the crusades were about
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-30-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
God's love is unconditional. It is not works or how you act that make Him "like" you.

Brandon
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-30-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
I don't think anyone is saying that this kid made the right or wrong decision, just that it was not him making the decision. Its like when a 3 month old has a baptism. He will not know if his parents made the best decision for him until he is old enough to understand that he does have a choice in what he wants to believe.

I think this child should know that many wakeboarders are Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, etc., and all of these religions have great and amazing people that he can look up to. Even if some of these riders are not "brothers in Christ", he can still be "brothers in wakeboarding" with them too.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-30-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewproses View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that this kid made the right or wrong decision, just that it was not him making the decision. Its like when a 3 month old has a baptism. He will not know if his parents made the best decision for him until he is old enough to understand that he does have a choice in what he wants to believe.

I think this child should know that many wakeboarders are Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, etc., and all of these religions have great and amazing people that he can look up to. Even if some of these riders are not "brothers in Christ", he can still be "brothers in wakeboarding" with them too.
I don't agree with you thinking that it was not him making that decision but that can be argued and I can see both sides my 3 year old makes lots of decisions. I agree with you about your second paragraph and no one here nor Murray said you can't or shouldnt. This thread went to HELL when people started mocking and denigrating the kids desicion and just in general christianity. Instead of just ignoring and letting the guy realize that he could contact the guys at the camp. It would have been a very short thread instead angry people that hate christianity got involved.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
I just think that since most of us don't know this 8 year old child... we shouldn't be making assumptions about him
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-31-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
i personally am looking foreward to my eternal separation from god...can't seem to get away from it in my normal life...plus, as far as i can tell, ell is full of strippers and rock and roll...sounds good to me...do you guys still belive in santa clause too??
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-31-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Poor angry atheist Nick. Just has to continue to be giant dick. Can't shut up. Thats whats wrong you expect these dumb christians to not bother you but you can't stop being an ass to them. Wow so open minded. Keep being a jack ass. This thread needs to be shut down because of about 3 a holes can't just live and let live.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-31-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
that really hurt my feelings...
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-31-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
The internet is good for many things but misinformation and controversy seem to be it's specialty. Keep up the great entertainment guys. lol
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-31-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
This tread keeps getting better and better... personally i couldn't care less what everone believes in. I have my beliefs and don't need to justify them to anyone else; but to watch yall argue and try to prove each other wrong is quite entertaining. Keep up the good work...

Oh and this Nick guy is so full of SHI* his eyes are turning brown... If all he cares about is strippers and rock n roll, GOOD LUCK!
Old     (acerock88)      Join Date: May 2008       08-31-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
Hey, lets not drag strippers and rock n roll into this.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-31-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey, lets not drag strippers and rock n roll into this.
Amen.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-31-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
Here's a crazy spin. I'm pretty sure lots and lots of the Roman empire was pagan until one day one of the emperors said I'm a christian so all of you are too which went down jolly. What if that emperor was an idiot and easily swayed and changed the religion of millions of people? What if the pagan religion (like mars and jupiter etc) is the right one and just because it died out its been labelled as the wrong one? Isnt' there a saying like history is written by the victors?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-01-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
How did this thread get hi jacked by haters. Nickbot, RM, Brian and others posting negative comments. This is about an 8year old becoming saved. It's not about you and your beliefs or the lack of. Think about what this 8 year old will think when he reads this crud. I am certain he is strong enough to know right from wrong. He is ahead of you in that department. You guys owe him his family, Murray, Copeland, Harris and everyone who shares the same faith in Christ an apology. No one asked for your opinions. And the ones you have were negative and rude. For all who criticize his age and knowledge....this is for you: Matthew 19:14 Jesus said "let the little children come to me. And do NOT hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" re read that a couple times and think about what has been said. Start a new thread if you want to spread hate. See how many participate there.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-01-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
what does and 8 year old becomming saved have to do with wakeboarding??
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-01-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
1 Timothy 4:12 - "Let no one look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, life, love, faith, and purity."
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-01-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
"We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing"
-Ellen Gilchrist
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
"We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing"
-Ellen Gilchrist
ahh yes, a 4 time divorcee and poet.... exactly who I look to for truth and sound moral belief.
enlightening.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-01-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
How would it resonate with all of the guys bashing the "Christian haters" if the original poster had put out his eight year old was wanting to convert to the Islamic faith? I suspect that some of you would question the ability of the eight year old to make a correct choice. Eight year olds are not in a position to make a life-changing choice, right or wrong. I am not saying that it is wrong the kid decided to get "saved", but a kid at that age makes choices based on influences, not a heart-felt, all things weighed, decision.
Old     (Wooff)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-01-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
What does it take for the mediators of this board to delete a thread like this? The guy wanted to get in touch wth Shawn. 20 post ago Shaun said he was getting in touch with him.... there it's done. delete this thread already. When I started wakeboarding I thought our sport had less morons then others but when I look on this board I see more sarcastic jerks on here and it is a huge disappointment. And it is not just this thread I am talking about.

The guy wanted to thank Shaun and shared why, he did ask if everyone thought it was ok.