Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    jcrider            03-26-2005, 12:18 AM Reply   
I am in the market for my first(new)boat. I went out on the Malibu this afternoon. The Mastercraft guy flaked but I still want to give it a go. The Malibu simaraly equipped is around 5k less. I have looked up test drives etc but wanted some (non-biased opinions). This boat is for wakeboarding/surfing, my family/friends pleasure boating. Appriciate any input as 50+k is a ...load of money to spend!
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-26-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
we were going to buy a x-10 but it drove more like an i/o, and my dad likes to have fun in the boat as well as behind it. i rode behind it too but the demos pumps did not work so i did not get a good feel of what it had to offer... but i have never been in the vlx.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-26-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
You might want to check out the X2 instead of the X10. Most people seem to prefer the X2 over the X10 in terms of wake and handling. Just don't take an X2 through any big chop!

Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-26-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
non-biased opinions

How do you intend to get those?

Their both great boats, demo and choose the one you like best.

I get my VLX in 3 weeks, so you know where my non-biased opinions is.

Greg

(Message edited by greg__s on March 26, 2005)
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-26-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I agree with joe go x-2 over 10 they are almost the same size, better wake and handaling from a 2 though. The vlx is a sick boat I would more base my choice on who I would be dealing with dealer wise, go with the one you feel more comftarble dealing with who is going to treat you right in the future.
Old    yellojello            03-26-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
i had the exact same decision to make for the past 5 months. x10 vs. vlx. i demoed both and both are great, but the sales guy from malibu did a good job and made me feel comfortable with it all. the malibu is a little bigger in size, which i like best with the full wraparound seating, those handles inside next to the cup holders, thicker/softer seats (the mastercraft seats felt real sturdy and nice too), wraparound windshield, illusion x tower if u like that, tons of storage space, (ballast may be a lot of the vlx, but the x10 put out a really great wake too with less ballast.) but i did actually think the mastercraft strength and quality of the boat felt real solid. but, overall, i felt more comfortable with the vlx. i just signed for a vlx...today!
Old     (x10wakerider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
I went with the x10! I have alot of friends and wanted plenty of room and storage and the x10 is perfect for that. The x2 was a little to narrow for me. The wake is great I havent had any problems doing any tricks that the guys do behind their x2. In my opinion it looks and feels better than the VLX
Old    jcrider            03-27-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for the inputs, Ioriginally thought of the x-2 or v-ride w/ upgrades in order to keep costs dowm but the size was a litte smaller than I wanted. I know,I know if I wanted to save some money go with a Sanger, Centurion,etc. but..... I tend to migrate towards paying a little more for a better quality product,resale. And besides by the time you add up the upgrades it starts to get in the ballpark (sort of ). I think with a test drive of the x-10 will confirm where I am @. And by the way Blake the vlx I believe has more int. room. P.S. anytime you have an x-10/vlx/Nauitque you will get alot of friends even if you didnt know you had them! I can almost already here people I havent talked to in years crawling out of the woodwork (hey,what have you been up to?).