Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    bottomfeeder            05-08-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Seriously thinking about buying a X1, but I wanted to get y'alls input on why it is so much less expensive than the other Mastercraft X serious boats. Is that something I should be worried about? I don't have a ton of money to blow, but I want to get a nice boat. If not the X1, does anyone have any other suggestions for new boats around 40k that are worth getting? The Supra's and Momba's etc.? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-08-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Buy an X1. You wont be sad. Make sure you get it with the full ballast system. Other than that they are sick wake making machines. I don't think anyone will argue that.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
The X1 is the 205V hull that produces arguably the best wake out there. It's the same hull as the 205V, the old X-star, and the X2 up to 06.

They've taken out some "bling" from the boat (dash is less flashy, no center ballast, the rear ballast tanks aren't carpeted, and a few minor other things that cut down cost). Also, from what I hear at least, they aren't making much money on these new X1s.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
"I don't have a ton of money to blow, but I want to get a nice boat."

$40k is still a lot of money for a boat. I know some of the boats out there are up in the 50s-80s. Make sure you try the boat out first. It is one of my favorite wakes. Masercraft took out some of the bling to make it cheaper, but with less bling it is still 100X nicer than any I/O on the market.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-08-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
If you are not planning on piling 8+ adults in the boat, you wont regret it. I have an 05 x-2, we had 6 adults and 4 kids and any more would have been too crowded. If $40K is around what you want to spend on a new boat, IMO, you could not get a better boat for that price.
Old    bottomfeeder            05-08-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Thank you all for the information. I have been told that the Mastercrafts are some of the best built boats and they hold their value well. What is your opinion on the new Supra's. I was told I could get the big 24 or 22 foot Launch for the same price or less than the X1. Any reason not to if wakeboarding is not the only consideration?
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
X1 or Malibu V ride take your pick.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, if I weren't a MC owner, I'd be looking at the V-rides....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
If you can get a Supra 24SSV for 40K....that would be an unbelievable deal.

Mastercraft makes a great boat.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-08-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Good place to start if asking for opinions/advice on a few boats.....what fits your needs, would be letting us in on what your needs are.

# of people you usually go out with(all day worth of gear or just 2-4 hour runs getting everyone their pulls in?).

What will you be using the boat for.

Lake/River/Ocean....conditions you need the boat to be able to handle.

Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-08-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
The X1 is a awesome boat ! Just sold my 01 for $2k less then I bought it for-4 years later. They hold there resale very well and there is nothing these boats dont do well ! Same things can be said for the V-Ride.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
The X-1 does skimp on some features, though. I had a problem with Mastercraft/my dealer when our X-1 trailer arrived without a swing away tounge, which I needed. The MC catalog clearly states that the X-1 trailer has aluminum rims, swing-away tounge, and boat buddy. Supposedly it doesn't, so a new trailer is being made for us at the moment. As far as the boat, it is nothing short of beautiful, with amazing fit and finish, and the wake isn't too shabby either .