Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (thedocta)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Hey everyone I started trying tantrums after about 1 or 2 months on the water and stuck 2 then but still can't get them consistently. I get the pop and the rotation except i always naturally do a fs 180 and either land switch which equals falling for me or i do like a fs 90 and eat it. How do I keep from spinning? Thanks.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-13-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Are you grabbing the handle with your back hand before landing? That might pull the board around to cause this.
Old     (thedocta)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Nope from the troph (sp?) of the wake till after i land its only my front hand
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-15-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
Concentrate on keeping your hand that's not on the handle back along the line of the rope. You're probably closing your body toward the boat as you come out of your rotation and maybe you're a little too much on your toes. I have only landed a couple of these myself- but the key for me was WAITING for the trip of the wake instead of trying to throw the trick and getting my trailing hand off the handle early. If I leave both hands on the handle too long I don't open up enough and while the rotation is good, I land heavy on my back foot and it KILLS my knee. Make sure your shoulders are in line with the rope too and give the handle a good solid pull, trying to maintain a 90 degree angle with your arm. I'm going to try a few of these tomorrow myself.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
.....trough.....
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-19-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
i have just started to land these consistently and had the same problem with rotating 180. really concentrate one kicking your head straight back, and not slightly angled when you initiate your rotation after getting tripped by the wake. that helped me. It may sound stupid but it kept me from rotating. remember head straight back.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-28-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have the same exact probelm, thanks for the tip Tingey!
Old     (chefwong)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-03-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Defenetly got the same problem right now, good post.
Old                07-03-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
What helped me land these consistently is to do the tuck version from the book dvd. I land them 99% of the time since I started to do them this way and it helps if you want to start grabing them indy. What I do is take your same approach but when you pop off the wake pull your knees into your chest to start your rotation. It makes you rotate faster and also helps you get more hieght to complete the rotation and spot your landing.