Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-22-2019, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I possibly agree, however the standards were laxed in order to allow poorer people access to those loan vehicles. In states like california, the goal was just to get in a house and keep it for 2 years then flip it. It was a pyramid scheme. I knew it was over when a 20 year old receptionist and her boy friend were able to qualify and buy the display home for a housing development that cost over $500,000 at the time and they did not even have a job history and made under $20 an hour.
Well in TN, there were numerous people with poor credit that were approved for modest homes (75,000 to 150,000) with ARM's. They were able to afford the monthly mortgage payment when the rate was ~5.0%. When the rate jumped into the 20's and their mortgage payment increased several hundred a month, that's when the foreclosures began to spike. Many were talked into those loans with "promises" they could refinance into a fixed rate before the ARM increased, but the recession made refinancing impossible.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-22-2019, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Which is still different than race and class based politics........


Since you seem to be a student of economic systems and history of the world. Has socialism and communism ever created a system that did not have rich and poor? Why do they always fail? In our system, because there are rich people does that keep a poor person from getting rich?
It doesn't "keep a poor person from getting rich", but it stacks the deck against them to make it almost impossible. "Our system" favors the rich, i.e. the Right bitches nonstop about welfare and the benefits of the impoverished, yet they champion the "welfare" and benefits of the wealthy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2019, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
It doesn't "keep a poor person from getting rich", but it stacks the deck against them to make it almost impossible. "Our system" favors the rich, i.e. the Right bitches nonstop about welfare and the benefits of the impoverished, yet they champion the "welfare" and benefits of the wealthy.
Too right. I'm all for everyone works for things they get but equally basic humanity means you to recognize the system is setup so that everyone doesn't start in the same place and if things can be done to even the playing field then they should be done.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-22-2019, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
By far the dumbest thing to come out of your typing thus far. If you knew anything about what god supposedly promises you would know before that your left your finger tips how utterly moronic, obtuse it reads & is simply plain fabrication
Isn't proselytizing a thing any more? Your pitch isn't persuading me!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2019, 6:05 PM Reply   
You will have to use smaller words if you want womble2womble to understand you.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-23-2019, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I see no mention of the Muslims assisting the Nazis in all of this. Damn dude, stay on topic.
https://timeline.com/nazis-muslim-ex...s-6824aee281d2

The Nazis, with the help of an Arab cleric, used Islamic extremists as a tool

As Al-Husseini later explained to Hitler, the Arabs had the same enemies as the Nazis: the Jews, English, and Russians. According to the German record of their meeting, Al-Husseini said the Muslims under his sway “were prepared to cooperate with Germany with all their hearts and stood ready to participate in the war, not only negatively by the commission of acts of sabotage and the instigation of revolutions, but also positively by the formation of an Arab Legion.” He was tasked by Hitler with recruiting Bosnian Muslims into what became the 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS, the first non-German SS devision.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-23-2019, 5:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
And yet the freedom to make life choices are higher in all these "socialist" countries than the US. Go figure.
How so? My station in life is not dictated by how I did in grammar school. I don't think you really understand the amount of people with extremely low education who are now millionaires in this country.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-23-2019, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Well in TN, there were numerous people with poor credit that were approved for modest homes (75,000 to 150,000) with ARM's. They were able to afford the monthly mortgage payment when the rate was ~5.0%. When the rate jumped into the 20's and their mortgage payment increased several hundred a month, that's when the foreclosures began to spike. Many were talked into those loans with "promises" they could refinance into a fixed rate before the ARM increased, but the recession made refinancing impossible.
Oh I believe it. I have heard that garbage sales pitch before.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-23-2019, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
It doesn't "keep a poor person from getting rich", but it stacks the deck against them to make it almost impossible. "Our system" favors the rich, i.e. the Right bitches nonstop about welfare and the benefits of the impoverished, yet they champion the "welfare" and benefits of the wealthy.
You have a point, however just because the deck is stacked does not mean you are stuck. There is never a promise that you will not have to work hard, take your lumps and be humbled in your existence. Many times when we look back if we are honest with ourselves, there are just a couple of big decisions that influence our lives. All systems favor the rich. It is history has shown that the other systems favor keeping the poor from ever participating and are simply used as a tool of the machine.

What people bitch about welfare queens is the fact the are NOT doing "their fair share" just like you guys like to bitch the rich are not doing their "fair share". While the rich actually pay 90% of all income taxes, the poor that people bitch about are not even trying to find a job, get training, or trying to move to a job. I seen it all the time. I know it is hard and people get stuck with what they know, however those who do know realize this and want them to come up to standards. If they did, welfare would not be a way of life and no one would bitch about it.

I was as poor as they come. I am not a fan of rich people but I get it. I see both sides. We were so poor that my college thought I was lying on my aid applications about our income. I went through almost one semester without books and I an not even sure I paid for the classes until near the end now that I think back at it. I just went, did my best and finally went to the president of the University and got it straightened out. It was a crappy semester for me. The next semester with things settled down but still difficult for other reasons, I got a 4.0. A California outfit came recruiting because they could not find laser people in the biggest laser area in the world. I had to swallow my pride and borrowed $1000 from an aunt in Chicago that I would see once every 2 or 3 years when she would come back down and off I went. So I get it. One thing that never happened is we did not take welfare.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-23-2019, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Too right. I'm all for everyone works for things they get but equally basic humanity means you to recognize the system is setup so that everyone doesn't start in the same place and if things can be done to even the playing field then they should be done.
Which is what happens. The government passes laws all the time that makes it so people have equal access and we don't have monopolies. It is what it is supposed to be. Checks and balances. What you guys want is the government just to do it and there is not one to complain too once that happens.

The biggest flaw is everyone thinks they deserve equal results from the same amount of work. Never in the history of the universe has that been the case. That is just dreaming and not constructive to live in a fantasy land.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-26-2019, 7:42 AM Reply   
Has anyone else around the country noticed a lot of trains with military equipment? I've seen 6 trains in the last couple weeks filled to the brim with hummers, fuel trucks, tanks, personnel vehicles & other trucks I didn't recognize. It was also a mix of green camo & desert camo. Last time I saw this much activity it was all desert camo & we invaded Iraq. Really hope we're not about to get into another war.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2019, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Has anyone else around the country noticed a lot of trains with military equipment? I've seen 6 trains in the last couple weeks filled to the brim with hummers, fuel trucks, tanks, personnel vehicles & other trucks I didn't recognize. It was also a mix of green camo & desert camo. Last time I saw this much activity it was all desert camo & we invaded Iraq. Really hope we're not about to get into another war.
Your tax dollars at work.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-28-2019, 6:17 AM Reply   
Surprised none of you are talking about Wes's favorite bogey man. One of the koch brothers died the other day and a favorite liberal pundit hoped he had a painful death. The irony is, the left wishes this on any conservative. They are going to wonder how we end up with a shooting war in this country (if it happens).
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-28-2019, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
They are going to wonder how we end up with a shooting war in this country (if it happens).
WHAT? According to you, rank and file dems are all ANTIFA members who go to molitov cocktail summer camps and pledge to violently beat people down at Trump rallies? Why should the be surprised about the shooting war since, in you imaginary world of grievance, The Left (tm) is going to start it in the first place?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-28-2019, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
WHAT? According to you, rank and file dems are all ANTIFA members who go to molitov cocktail summer camps and pledge to violently beat people down at Trump rallies? Why should the be surprised about the shooting war since, in you imaginary world of grievance, The Left (tm) is going to start it in the first place?
Sounds like you are on board. Maher is just continuing the assault on the American public. He like your ANTIFA brothers are the mainstream of the party now. I am not surprised in the least. They don't promise to beat up Trump supporters. I have seen it on the local news happening to Trump Supporters right in San Jose. I have seen them blocking of freeways in the bay area. My wife has had to work several left wing riots in oakland. So, it is not a pledge. It has been action.

All I am saying is the left after saying and doing all these things are going to go on the airwaves and wonder why there is a war in this country.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-28-2019, 7:11 AM Reply   
There was just another story today of a guy getting sucker punched (two people arrested) for wearing a MAGA hat. It’s often 13/90’s doing it, but this time it was a white guy involved.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-28-2019, 10:05 AM Reply   
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...213520582.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-28-2019, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
LOL, man gets punched at bar. I hope this makes national news!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-28-2019, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
LOL, man gets punched at bar. I hope this makes national news!
If the jack boot fits......
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-28-2019, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Surprised none of you are talking about Wes's favorite bogey man. One of the koch brothers died the other day and a favorite liberal pundit hoped he had a painful death. The irony is, the left wishes this on any conservative. They are going to wonder how we end up with a shooting war in this country (if it happens).
But when a Trumpster shouts out "Shoot them" and Trump laughs it off, that's okay? Damn, how can you try to put this out there with a straight face. Charles (the surviving Koch) is not a Trump fan and said he won't contribute to Trump's 2020 race, so let's see what you say about him when he dies.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-28-2019, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Sounds like you are on board. Maher is just continuing the assault on the American public. He like your ANTIFA brothers are the mainstream of the party now. I am not surprised in the least. They don't promise to beat up Trump supporters. I have seen it on the local news happening to Trump Supporters right in San Jose. I have seen them blocking of freeways in the bay area. My wife has had to work several left wing riots in oakland. So, it is not a pledge. It has been action.

All I am saying is the left after saying and doing all these things are going to go on the airwaves and wonder why there is a war in this country.
Are you talking about Bill Maher? The dude's a comedian. If you don't like his brand of humor, flip the channel. He's not the face of any political movement. Besides, I figured you would be patting him on the back after his comments on Congresswoman Tlaib.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-28-2019, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You have a point, however just because the deck is stacked does not mean you are stuck. There is never a promise that you will not have to work hard, take your lumps and be humbled in your existence. Many times when we look back if we are honest with ourselves, there are just a couple of big decisions that influence our lives. All systems favor the rich. It is history has shown that the other systems favor keeping the poor from ever participating and are simply used as a tool of the machine.

What people bitch about welfare queens is the fact the are NOT doing "their fair share" just like you guys like to bitch the rich are not doing their "fair share". While the rich actually pay 90% of all income taxes, the poor that people bitch about are not even trying to find a job, get training, or trying to move to a job. I seen it all the time. I know it is hard and people get stuck with what they know, however those who do know realize this and want them to come up to standards. If they did, welfare would not be a way of life and no one would bitch about it.

I was as poor as they come. I am not a fan of rich people but I get it. I see both sides. We were so poor that my college thought I was lying on my aid applications about our income. I went through almost one semester without books and I an not even sure I paid for the classes until near the end now that I think back at it. I just went, did my best and finally went to the president of the University and got it straightened out. It was a crappy semester for me. The next semester with things settled down but still difficult for other reasons, I got a 4.0. A California outfit came recruiting because they could not find laser people in the biggest laser area in the world. I had to swallow my pride and borrowed $1000 from an aunt in Chicago that I would see once every 2 or 3 years when she would come back down and off I went. So I get it. One thing that never happened is we did not take welfare.
I love it when you right-wingers (who obviously have little training in math or logic) make the ole "rich pay 90% of the income tax argument" as some sort of evidence that the rich are being financially penalized. As a matter of fact, it does the opposite (provided you can cut through the BS of right-wing pundits). Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it appears they (the top 1% of earners in this country) pay a disproportionate amount of income tax because they make a disproportionate amount of income? If anything, the argument you are trying to make is in fact, doing the opposite. It's showing a staggering wealth inequality.

And also, I notice you make no mention of the payroll tax, which impacts the lower-earning workers in this country. That is because you only pay on the first $130,000 you earn. So lets say you make $50,000/yr (I'm not saying that you make that, it's only an example). That means you will pay ~12.4% for SS and disability insurance. Now consider a professional athlete that makes $50,000,000/yr. The athlete will still pay the same 12.4% as you, but only of the first $130,000. That would work out to a tax rate of only about 0.03% on their $50 mil. If you have an investor that makes $50 mil on a dividend or capital gains will pay exactly $0 in payroll tax. So I apologize if I don't have the same sympathy as you for the ultra-wealthy.

Besides, in a capitalistic (even a quasi-capitalistic society, such as the US) society, there will always be "winners" and "losers". There will always be a class of poorer citizens; everyone cannot be wealthy (or even middle class). So why I may applaud you for your accomplishments, there are countless more that were not. Some due to their own missteps, many due to no fault of their own.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-29-2019, 4:09 AM Reply   
Wealth envy. It's a great way to meet fat chicks with piercings, green hair & long talks about the patriarchy.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2019, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
But when a Trumpster shouts out "Shoot them" and Trump laughs it off, that's okay? Damn, how can you try to put this out there with a straight face. Charles (the surviving Koch) is not a Trump fan and said he won't contribute to Trump's 2020 race, so let's see what you say about him when he dies.
I don't really care if he lives or dies. He does not impact me in the least.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2019, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Are you talking about Bill Maher? The dude's a comedian. If you don't like his brand of humor, flip the channel. He's not the face of any political movement. Besides, I figured you would be patting him on the back after his comments on Congresswoman Tlaib.
Clock can be right 2 times a day. He was on her case because she was actually going after him as well for not being left enough. He knows the lefty left message is going to kill them in the polls. He is a true global religion believer. That is why he was mad a Koch because he put money into places that did not include the environazi cult.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2019, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I love it when you right-wingers (who obviously have little training in math or logic) make the ole "rich pay 90% of the income tax argument" as some sort of evidence that the rich are being financially penalized. As a matter of fact, it does the opposite (provided you can cut through the BS of right-wing pundits). Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it appears they (the top 1% of earners in this country) pay a disproportionate amount of income tax because they make a disproportionate amount of income? If anything, the argument you are trying to make is in fact, doing the opposite. It's showing a staggering wealth inequality.

And also, I notice you make no mention of the payroll tax, which impacts the lower-earning workers in this country. That is because you only pay on the first $130,000 you earn. So lets say you make $50,000/yr (I'm not saying that you make that, it's only an example). That means you will pay ~12.4% for SS and disability insurance. Now consider a professional athlete that makes $50,000,000/yr. The athlete will still pay the same 12.4% as you, but only of the first $130,000. That would work out to a tax rate of only about 0.03% on their $50 mil. If you have an investor that makes $50 mil on a dividend or capital gains will pay exactly $0 in payroll tax. So I apologize if I don't have the same sympathy as you for the ultra-wealthy.

Besides, in a capitalistic (even a quasi-capitalistic society, such as the US) society, there will always be "winners" and "losers". There will always be a class of poorer citizens; everyone cannot be wealthy (or even middle class). So why I may applaud you for your accomplishments, there are countless more that were not. Some due to their own missteps, many due to no fault of their own.
Social security and disability are caped so they do not need to pay more taxes above $130,000. They do not get a benefit proportional to their wage. So they are paying the appropriate tax based on benefit and now they are actually paying income tax on that %50 million a year.

You can have all the fun with all the simple math tricks but the facts are the facts. People being rich does not keep other people from getting rich. Matter of fact a poor person has the ability to get richer because all they have to do is convince some other rich person to invest in them instead of convincing millions of people to invest in them.

Now, if you want we can go after the investment income. Actually I believe the west coast companies attitude toward giving out stock options has complete screwed the income in the open economy and has skewed prices in the bay area to a negative effect.

My point to rich paying vast majority of income taxes, is that they are paying their fair share, while those who are CHOOSING to not get training, taking drugs, and being a drain on society through choice are not paying their fair share.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-29-2019, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
People being rich does not keep other people from getting rich. Matter of fact a poor person has the ability to get richer because all they have to do is convince some other rich person to invest in them instead of convincing millions of people to invest in them.



My point to rich paying vast majority of income taxes, is that they are paying their fair share, while those who are CHOOSING to not get training, taking drugs, and being a drain on society through choice are not paying their fair share.
They are well aware of the facts you listed. They know everyone cannot be equally taken care of so what's fair is to make everyone equally broke. No different than the climate idiots. It's okay for them to have planes & trains, us poor folk are the ones who need to give it all up for the betterment of society.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-29-2019, 4:01 PM Reply   
Fox news host tells the truth about Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcw8aoGxgss
maybe that is why trumps approval rating is going down
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
he cannot win at these levels
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2019, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by womble2womble View Post
They know everyone cannot be equally taken care of so what's fair is to make everyone equally broke. No different than the climate idiots. It's okay for them to have planes & trains, us poor folk are the ones who need to give it all up for the betterment of society.
More Womble Wisdom. You know its possible to have a safety net at the bottom, a ceiling at the top and a very large space in between where the vast majority of the population operate?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-30-2019, 1:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
More Womble Wisdom. You know its possible to have a safety net at the bottom, a ceiling at the top and a very large space in between where the vast majority of the population operate?
By governing what people can make & what should be distributed to the rest. Nice job statist slave
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2019, 2:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
More Womble Wisdom. You know its possible to have a safety net at the bottom, a ceiling at the top and a very large space in between where the vast majority of the population operate?
That sure sounds reasonable to a simpleton. Problem is that’s how the frog gets boiled by the left. You get your foot in the door and then you incrementally lower the ceiling and raise the “safety net” until we're Venezuela.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-30-2019, 3:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
More Womble Wisdom. You know its possible to have a safety net at the bottom, a ceiling at the top and a very large space in between where the vast majority of the population operate?
We generally fight against tyranny not for it.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-30-2019, 3:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
That sure sounds reasonable to a simpleton. Problem is that’s how the frog gets boiled by the left. You get your foot in the door and then you incrementally lower the ceiling and raise the “safety net” until we're Venezuela.
What's amazing is we have a tool who knows not a thing about our country outside of what CNN tells him or his assumptions & personal beliefs. Every economist including all the far lefties have concluded single payer will never work here. We have safety nets, but people love to leave out the ability of those nets sharing more & more as they run out of money & only a simpleton can argue to just throw more money at it. They refuse to look at the negatives impacts illegal immigration. Ralph nothing more than some flesh with two flappy gums armed with only a one sided story
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-30-2019, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
What's amazing is we have a tool who knows not a thing about our country outside of what CNN tells him or his assumptions & personal beliefs. Every economist including all the far lefties have concluded single payer will never work here. We have safety nets, but people love to leave out the ability of those nets sharing more & more as they run out of money & only a simpleton can argue to just throw more money at it. They refuse to look at the negatives impacts illegal immigration. Ralph nothing more than some flesh with two flappy gums armed with only a one sided story
What people don't realize is those systems need EVERYONE to buy in and be happy at just existing. Eventually the doers stop doing. The way these systems typically work is if you don't buy in they historically send you to slave labor camp or simply murder you so your opinions and lifestyle don't impact the others.

I propose this. Since the people in all these countries that have these nets in place seem to get on a plane and come the US for surgeries or try and work in the US because their income is not capped, we should send our poor and drug addictions to New Zealand in mass. I mean it apparently does not matter about incoming vs outgoing when it comes to money. Take all our poor.

I don't think people talk about this but I worked with a guy from Mexico and his education was free and so was his medical. He was studying to be a doctor. Why did he jump ship to the US if he had free education and medical?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2019, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
What's amazing is we have a tool who knows not a thing about our country outside of what CNN tells him or his assumptions & personal beliefs.
Really? You find it amazing somebody doesn't know something outside of their personal beliefs and assumptions? You must be amazed a lot. Bewildered more like.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2019, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
That sure sounds reasonable to a simpleton. Problem is that’s how the frog gets boiled by the left. You get your foot in the door and then you incrementally lower the ceiling and raise the “safety net” until we're Venezuela.
Why would you end up at Venezuela? Wouldn't Finland, Norway, Denmark be a better destination?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2019, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Why would you end up at Venezuela? Wouldn't Finland, Norway, Denmark be a better destination?
Clearly, you’ve ignored Delta’s pontifications about those all-white, USA-protected economies, which all have asterisks next to them. Try to pay better attention please.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2019, 4:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Clearly, you’ve ignored Delta’s pontifications about those all-white, USA-protected economies, which all have asterisks next to them. Try to pay better attention please.
Yes I ignored them, after reading and considering the points he made I recognized it was bull****.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-31-2019, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Yes I ignored them, after reading and considering the points he made I recognized it was bull****.
Typical liberal. That’s why libs gotta rely on emotion to win elections. Any grown-up policy discussion which includes real adult logic, reason and facts kicks liberal talking points in the dirt.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2019, 9:37 AM Reply   
Lol, cheato waddled out to the rose garden today to launch space force. Another $6b in military spending because $700b for military spending isn't enough! Seems the right has no problem on spending money on things they like, no question of how will we pay for it. I guess when your budget is already $1T upside down what does another $6b matter? I bet it would matter a lot if it was being spent on Healthcare or education. I bet the military industrial complex have been lobbying hard for this, no doubt $6b per year is not enough and they will be spending a lot more in no time.

Hey here's an idea why not bring democracy to Mars, there might be someone there with some oil.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-03-2019, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, cheato waddled out to the rose garden today to launch space force. Another $6b in military spending because $700b for military spending isn't enough! Seems the right has no problem on spending money on things they like, no question of how will we pay for it. I guess when your budget is already $1T upside down what does another $6b matter? I bet it would matter a lot if it was being spent on Healthcare or education. I bet the military industrial complex have been lobbying hard for this, no doubt $6b per year is not enough and they will be spending a lot more in no time.

Hey here's an idea why not bring democracy to Mars, there might be someone there with some oil.
Why do you care so much about what we do when you're not a citizen, you don't vote & no one in this country gives a **** what some guy in NZ thinks?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2019, 12:24 PM Reply   
I'm dont care, this is just entertainment for me
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2019, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, cheato waddled out to the rose garden today to launch space force. Another $6b in military spending because $700b for military spending isn't enough! Seems the right has no problem on spending money on things they like, no question of how will we pay for it. I guess when your budget is already $1T upside down what does another $6b matter? I bet it would matter a lot if it was being spent on Healthcare or education. I bet the military industrial complex have been lobbying hard for this, no doubt $6b per year is not enough and they will be spending a lot more in no time.

Hey here's an idea why not bring democracy to Mars, there might be someone there with some oil.
Hey ginger, shouldn’t you be spending more time trying to gain a soul rather than worrying about US politics? You have WAAAAAAAY more orange on you than DJT as he walks out of that spray-tan booth he loves so much. You’d be well advised to stop throwing rocks from your glass house, carrot top. My one state does about 15 times your whole pissant country’s GDP too, so you’re like an ant talking schitt to an elephant. Sod off.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-05-2019, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, cheato waddled out to the rose garden today to launch space force. Another $6b in military spending because $700b for military spending isn't enough! Seems the right has no problem on spending money on things they like, no question of how will we pay for it. I guess when your budget is already $1T upside down what does another $6b matter? I bet it would matter a lot if it was being spent on Healthcare or education. I bet the military industrial complex have been lobbying hard for this, no doubt $6b per year is not enough and they will be spending a lot more in no time.

Hey here's an idea why not bring democracy to Mars, there might be someone there with some oil.
awe aren't you just darling. using your 1990's oil talking points. I figured with the power of the internet, you would have updated your liberal (communist/ dangerous to free poeple) talking point.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-05-2019, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey ginger, shouldn’t you be spending more time trying to gain a soul rather than worrying about US politics? You have WAAAAAAAY more orange on you than DJT as he walks out of that spray-tan booth he loves so much. You’d be well advised to stop throwing rocks from your glass house, carrot top. My one state does about 15 times your whole pissant country’s GDP too, so you’re like an ant talking schitt to an elephant. Sod off.
You are such a freaking badass. I bet people run to the other side of the street when they see you coming.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-05-2019, 10:05 AM Reply   
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-05-2019, 10:07 AM Reply   
The Sharpie is mightier than the sword:
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-05-2019, 11:23 AM Reply   
Awe.... are we back to daily show comedy for our political positions?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2019, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
awe aren't you just darling. using your 1990's oil talking points. I figured with the power of the internet, you would have updated your liberal (communist/ dangerous to free poeple) talking point.
Nope, we have had this discussion already and when I pointed out Dick Chaneys Halliburton made $39.5b from the Iraq war you got all quiet.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2019, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
You are such a freaking badass. I bet people run to the other side of the street when they see you coming.
It's not nice to taunt the disadvantaged, Tourettes is a serious condition.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-05-2019, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Awe.... are we back to daily show comedy for our political positions?
Hey man, did you think it was funny when someone from Trump's staff took the hurricane map and decided to draw their own projected path with a Sharpie? What I just posted isn't that much different from what Trump showed to the American people. It's not "comedy", it's really sad that he is that much of an egomaniac. It's clear we have a man in the office that refuses to admit he was wrong. But you guys are too chicken$h!t to admit he is clearing lying. You simply echo the "Fake News" line. It's obvious now that whenever Trump cries "Fake News", he really means "News that is true, but it shows I lied or I was wrong". And you morons accuse the other side of being sheep. He could piss on your head and you would fight until the death that it was raining.

Last edited by wake77; 09-05-2019 at 2:51 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2019, 5:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
You are such a freaking badass. I bet people run to the other side of the street when they see you coming.
...and I bet people run to the other side of your mom’s basement when they see you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2019, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
It's not nice to taunt the disadvantaged, Tourettes is a serious condition.
Lol good one......JERK!.........SOB!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2019, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Nope, we have had this discussion already and when I pointed out Dick Chaneys Halliburton made $39.5b from the Iraq war you got all quiet.
I have spoke about Haliburton many times over the years. There are very few companies that are designed around the infastructure to store, service and move military equipment. Haliburton is that company. Cheney was not even with the company so there is no point to be made. Those arguments are like arguing with children. No amount of logic is going to work. It is all emotion. The US made a **** load of money off of WW2. Are you suggesting the US caused WW2 so we could profit from it?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2019, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Hey man, did you think it was funny when someone from Trump's staff took the hurricane map and decided to draw their own projected path with a Sharpie? What I just posted isn't that much different from what Trump showed to the American people. It's not "comedy", it's really sad that he is that much of an egomaniac. It's clear we have a man in the office that refuses to admit he was wrong. But you guys are too chicken$h!t to admit he is clearing lying. You simply echo the "Fake News" line. It's obvious now that whenever Trump cries "Fake News", he really means "News that is true, but it shows I lied or I was wrong". And you morons accuse the other side of being sheep. He could piss on your head and you would fight until the death that it was raining.
To be honest with you, I have not watched one bit of him on the TV since he took office. I did not watch one bit of Obama. I did not watch Bush. I did not watch Clinton.

I looked at the policies. I don't have faith in the government like you do. They are all liars to a certain degree. Even if they are not lying, they have to make statements all the time based on something popping up and the media sticks a microphone in their face. They have to say something. They say something, then there are 50% of the people who hate them are going to say what ever about them. I don't really care. You can go on being unhinged. It just solidifies my position that people on your side are the type of people the world does not need. Life would go on just fine without unhinged people believing that humans in government will cure what ails them.

All I want from government is a place to help keep private industry in check. Part of the checks and balances. I also want the government to keep all you unhinged anti American, pro world type in check and I vote for people who are pushing those policies to do so.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2019, 9:20 AM Reply   
Now, another Fox news host rips on Trump
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...064807547.html
Maybe Fox knows it's inevitable that Trump is going to lose, so they are not going to lie for him anymore, Or maybe they are just tired of his chit.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-06-2019, 11:28 AM Reply   
Ridiculous, petty, and wasteful. Trump in a nutshell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/c...gtype=Homepage
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-06-2019, 11:29 AM Reply   
Given what you just wrote two posts above, curious to hear your spin on this Rod.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2019, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
To be honest with you, I have not watched one bit of him on the TV since he took office. I did not watch one bit of Obama. I did not watch Bush. I did not watch Clinton.

Oh so you are 100% uninformed about the character of Trump and of previous presidents. You seem to have pretty strong opinions for someone not even trying to see what these people say and how they carry themselves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I looked at the policies.
Running a $1T budget deficit at the end of a 10 year expansion not a deal breaker?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2019, 3:07 PM Reply   
love how your DemaCraps are Closet spending hawks when it comes to “military” every Million spent on Military is a Waste in your eyes. But some how spending HUNDREDS of Millions on Immigrants is some how a good investment.

News flash
Your Stupid.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2019, 3:41 PM Reply   
And conservatives are only deficit hawks when democrats are in power. Hypocrites.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-07-2019, 7:31 PM Reply   
So Trump invites the Teliban to Camp David the week of 9/11 and then cancels when they blow some people up to use as leverage against him. Seriously, what's wrong with the guy?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-08-2019, 3:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
love how your DemaCraps are Closet spending hawks when it comes to “military” every Million spent on Military is a Waste in your eyes. But some how spending HUNDREDS of Millions on Immigrants is some how a good investment.

News flash
Your Stupid.
LOL...I just can't anymore.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-08-2019, 3:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
To be honest with you, I have not watched one bit of him on the TV since he took office. I did not watch one bit of Obama. I did not watch Bush. I did not watch Clinton.

I looked at the policies. I don't have faith in the government like you do. They are all liars to a certain degree. Even if they are not lying, they have to make statements all the time based on something popping up and the media sticks a microphone in their face. They have to say something. They say something, then there are 50% of the people who hate them are going to say what ever about them. I don't really care. You can go on being unhinged. It just solidifies my position that people on your side are the type of people the world does not need. Life would go on just fine without unhinged people believing that humans in government will cure what ails them.

All I want from government is a place to help keep private industry in check. Part of the checks and balances. I also want the government to keep all you unhinged anti American, pro world type in check and I vote for people who are pushing those policies to do so.
How am I "anti American"? I spent 4 years serving this country on active duty and another 2 in the reserves. That's your problem. You think supporting a particular political party or wearing a MAGA hat makes you pro-American or more patriotic than me.

Maybe you are okay with an American president lying on a regular basis, but I am not. If Obama had proclaimed, look do whatever it takes to pass some law or get something done, I'll give you a pardon if you are found guilty of breaking a law, I wouldn't have been okay with that. You wouldn't have either, but since your man is in office, you invent some sort of cop-out. Do you not stand for anything? Do you suspend your morals simply because your party is doing it?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-08-2019, 7:10 AM Reply   
Disgusting.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/u...-families.html
Attached Images
 
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2019, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
It’s just as much pelosi’s and the libtard’s fault. Trump warned he would do exactly what he did. Libtards are just not used to politicians doing what they say they will do. Remember “you get to keep your healthcare?”

They could have funded the wall. Instead, they chose to keep spending MORE MONEY than the wall would cost and continue to fund illegal immigrants’ benefits so they get the bean vote.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-08-2019, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It’s just as much pelosi’s and the libtard’s fault. Trump warned he would do exactly what he did. Libtards are just not used to politicians doing what they say they will do. Remember “you get to keep your healthcare?”

They could have funded the wall. Instead, they chose to keep spending MORE MONEY than the wall would cost and continue to fund illegal immigrants’ benefits so they get the bean vote.
what happened to Mexico paying for it?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2019, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
what happened to Mexico paying for it?
Or paying the debt off?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2019, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It’s just as much pelosi’s and the libtard’s fault.
Oh so you admit it's disgusting you just think it's the democrats faults. Even tho they are not in the white house.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-08-2019, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Or paying the debt off?
Or 5% GDP growth, no problem!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2019, 3:45 PM Reply   
Promises made, promises kept. Or something.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-09-2019, 4:00 AM Reply   
Someday when the whack lefts sits down & takes a good hard look at themselves & quit with their all things Trump obsession, is when they'll understand what got us Trump in the first place
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-09-2019, 4:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Someday when the whack lefts sits down & takes a good hard look at themselves & quit with their all things Trump obsession, is when they'll understand what got us Trump in the first place
Exactly.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-09-2019, 4:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Oh so you admit it's disgusting you just think it's the democrats faults. Even tho they are not in the white house.
No, I don’t think it’s disgusting. It’s a project that is being postponed because the money is needed more somewhere else. Big deal. The thing that’s disgusting is people like you always crying about every little thing possible. When that doesn’t work, you make up stuff to cry about. Careful, your TDS is clearly showing.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-09-2019, 4:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Promises made, promises kept. Or something.
Someone needs to call you a waaaaaambulance.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-09-2019, 4:27 AM Reply   
LOL, how shameful money gets taken from the military, the exact same thing they democrats demand be defunded to pay for their wish list. A whole 2.5 billion. We spent 60 billion to build a wall to protect 300k people from a possible one hudred flood when it would have been a fraction to simply relocate them & pay them off. Derp Derp Derp. I think the liberals are way more scared that the wall will do what it's intended do, cut illegals in half, then they are with their faux rage about what money is getting spent. Why is you liberals only cry on cue? None of these matter to you till CNN tells you to be upset about it. Don't see the liberals crying that the UN is demanding we keep our borders open, but still crying about the made up Russia crap. Maybe we just need Putin to publicly state the wall is a dumb idea & watch the idiots on the left get that thing built ASAP

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 09-09-2019 at 4:29 AM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-09-2019, 4:38 AM Reply   
Maybe we just need Putin to publicly state the wall is a dumb idea & watch the idiots on the left get that thing built ASAP
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-09-2019, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
LOL, how shameful money gets taken from the military, the exact same thing they democrats demand be defunded to pay for their wish list. A whole 2.5 billion. We spent 60 billion to build a wall to protect 300k people from a possible one hudred flood when it would have been a fraction to simply relocate them & pay them off. Derp Derp Derp. I think the liberals are way more scared that the wall will do what it's intended do, cut illegals in half, then they are with their faux rage about what money is getting spent. Why is you liberals only cry on cue? None of these matter to you till CNN tells you to be upset about it. Don't see the liberals crying that the UN is demanding we keep our borders open, but still crying about the made up Russia crap. Maybe we just need Putin to publicly state the wall is a dumb idea & watch the idiots on the left get that thing built ASAP
I think it's really bad precedent for Presidents to divert $$$ that Congress has specifically appropriated. What's to stop the next Obama from using VA appropriations or aid to Israel to fund obamaphones or pay his mother in law to babysit his kids?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-09-2019, 1:51 PM Reply   
Glad to see this thread getting back on track with the morons supporting the imbecile in the WH.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-09-2019, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I think it's really bad precedent for Presidents to divert $$$ that Congress has specifically appropriated. What's to stop the next Obama from using VA appropriations or aid to Israel to fund obamaphones or pay his mother in law to babysit his kids?
F our EVIL Democrat Congress.

That said, I agree with you in theory, however, the UNDISPUTED will of the people is/was to fund the wall. I believe Trump was willing to swallow the bullet and risk scrutiny because he knew he had to make good on his campaign promise or risk being another "you can keep your current healthcare" POTUS like Obummer.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us