Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-22-2001, 4:29 PM Reply   
I don't know if this trick is even possible but some rumors have been goin 'round our lake about some kids pullin it off. What they supposidly do is jump, start the rotation and just let go of the handle. Then once they get all the way back around they grab the handle again to land. Is this poosible? Has anybody pulled this off?
Old                07-22-2001, 4:43 PM Reply   
yes, this is possible because shaun murray and someone else does it on the 12 Honkeys video. not positive but i think it's called suicide when you let go of the rope.
Old                07-22-2001, 4:48 PM Reply   
Yes its being done but not a suicide its called and Osmosis spin and is being done by alot of pros now and its more common to see the 540 ..

Later
Bill
Old                07-22-2001, 6:08 PM Reply   
yep sounds like an Ozzie to me. The trick is to yank the handle like hell and hope that you put enough slack into the line so that by the time you spin around to get the handle its not been pulled away by the boat. Took me many tries to land the first one, but they do get easier with time like everything else.

Ride On

Robby Rentfrow
Old                07-31-2001, 8:14 PM Reply   
Rob Stru does an awesome one in Shafted.
Old                09-21-2001, 4:14 PM Reply   
Ya Rob Struharik did this trick in 12 Honkeys. It looks soooooo sweet!
Old                11-26-2001, 10:57 AM Reply   
sorry to tell you that robby but you don't have to yank the rope to do this trick... it is pure physics... if you let go the handle once you're in the air, it'll follow you on the way down as you're spinning and should be just were you left it when you've come all the way around... if you're not smooth enough and yank it in any way, you've just lost it...
Old                11-30-2001, 9:11 AM Reply   
yes...physics would say that the rope will be there on the way down but only in a perfect setting with no resistance at all but the fact is that wind resistance will slow you enough to where the rope will not be there when you get back around therefore yes you do have to yank the rope. good try though. I asked my physics teacher and even did an experiment on it.

Anthony
Old                12-07-2001, 2:32 PM Reply   
The thing to remember here is that as soon as you let go of the rope, you begin to slow down due to air resistance. The rope however, is still attached to the boat and stil doing the same sped as the boat. In order to have a chance of grabbing the handle, you must first get out in front of it then you wil be even with it when you go to grab. Of course I can't do this trick, but I know enough to figure out that if you just let go, it won't be there when you complete the spin.
Old                02-18-2002, 2:25 PM Reply   
hey all of you know it all that can't even land the trick... watch Higher Education volume 2 and look at the way Robby Stru is doing his Ozmosis 540... he do not yank the handle in any way and it look smooth as hell... the fact is that you rotate so fast to get that handle back in your hands that wind resistance has no big effect in that case... you just got to keep looking at the handle all the way from the moment you let it go to the moment you regrab it with the same hand...
Old                02-28-2002, 12:48 PM Reply   
I am working on an Osmosis anyhting, so far I've got the Osmosis wakeboard riding... aka throwing the rope up while riding behind the boat, you do have to pull like hell to keep your momentum up. Working on the Osmosis wake to wake, it is funny to try because the rope does not want to come out of your hand. Robbie Stru makes it look sweet dosen't he!