Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-07-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
I looked up the humminbird for $100 at overton's and like it, then I saw the Faria (sp?) one that does air and water temp also for $180,

wondering who has any experiences with either although I read the faria one has the temp sensior above the water line on the transom outside the boat, can you hide it elsewhere, I don't have a trawler so that would look funky, it's not how you do, it's how you look

Any other brands out there that would be a better bet?
Thanks
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-07-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
Get the faria. Tell us a little about your boat, you may already have the water temp and depth sensor installed.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-08-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
I have a sanger v215, no PP,

So did you have to put a sensor on the outside of your transom above the water line??

I'm guessing that is the air temp sensor so wind factor doesn't skew your readings...

I don't think I have a depth sensor either, at least there is no readout for one,

sangers are pretty simple boats, not alot of hidden gems in there, mine is about as stripped down as you can get from the factory as well
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
What year? I think all of the new ones have a three way paddle wheel, depth finder, and temp sensor. That's how supreme's and centurions are, and it seems that Sanger shares a lot of engineering with them.

Look at your paddle wheel from inside your boat, does it say Airmair or something like that?
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-08-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Are you talking about a perfect pass type paddle wheel that sticks out of the bottom of the hull?

I don't have anything like that, but thanks for the help, that would be sweet if I did have something like that though, my speedo uses two pitot tubes and the only other thing under the boat is my scupper for the raw water intake

oh yeah she's an 06

I would be all over the faria but I don't want to add anything to the transom above the water line, we already whack the transom putting on boards, i don't think it would last long
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
The faria is water temp OR air temp not both. Also not sure what they're talking about the "above the water line" because the water temp sensor has to be in the water to work. Also, I found it for $150 http://www.consumersmarine.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=74431&s_kwcid=adwords_depth_f aria_sounder
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Ahh, too bad. My 07 was hooked up.

Before I knew about the sensor on mine I considered attaching the water temp sensor to the inside the boat part of one of the fins or the metal part of the raw water intake right where it comes in the hull. That should transfer the temp pretty well if you have the sensor attached right to the metal.

Air temp u just hide under the dash.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Faria is air AND water temp. U just have to press a button to toggle btw the two. I have that guage on my boat.

And yes water temp has to be either in the water or rigged up as I mentioned earlier.