Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-19-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
What's the deal with Mr. Wright. I find it difficult to keep myself updated as to his board sponsor. It seems he changes it every year.

Is there just no company out there making a good enough board for him? Do board companies fall out with him because he refuses to do anything else but spins? I have no idea.

I like the boards he usually rides...continuous, fast carver shapes. But, is there something I dont know?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-19-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
hes ridin slingshot right now.

typically he rides for a core comany this is focued on the style freeride side of the sport. and its hard to do that when every company is focussed on the mainstream pro tour side. but he has an excellent seat with slingshot right now and i dont expect this company to fail in the near future.

colin is a sick rider. i hope to see more of him in the next few years to come
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-19-2008, 6:02 PM Reply   
he isn't on their team section of the slingshot site
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
I noticed the fact that Collin wasnt with Slingshot either when i posted a thread about the new slingshot site (updated for 2008) http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/536176.html?1200807066

Another guy stated that he was making his own boards now... BUT... I thought he tried that out before (colin Write Boards) and it didnt last long or do so hot. Props to him if he is going to go at it again.
IF SO... maybe he will take some secrets he learned at Slingshot and branch out with his own flexboard company while the flexboard stuff is relatively new and easier to get a foot hold on with a smaller group of competitiors... maybe its not too bad of an idea afterall... If it is true...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
That would be shady if he did that Jeremy.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
...ok... maybe i should leave off the word "secrets"... that makes it sound shady... anyway...
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-20-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
He should.. There's plenty of room for more wakeboard companies.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-21-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
He still rides with me for The House Boardshop. Dont know about his board sponsor tho-
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-21-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
The Collin Wright Boards were pretty sweet.... He sent one out for us to demo @ MWWF a few years back, BUT I had to send it back...... should have bought one when I had the chance
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-22-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
i thought he retired again...but i could be wrong..