Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    sking55405            09-14-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
Does anyony know of any good wakeboard camps or schools in Florida.

I have a 12 year old and an 8 year old who are interested in attending this winter.

I thought someone may have some experience...good or bad.

Thanks...Scott
Old    stereor102            09-14-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
o town glen is very good
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2004, 8:43 AM Reply   
check out www.theboardingschool.com - Shaun and Travis will definetly hook it up- TOP NOTCH INSTRUCTION- Excellent boats, super nice accomodations....pretty much everything you need to be comfortable... if you need something just ask... Travis and Shaun will make it happen- you definetly can't go wrong with TBS- good luck on whatever you decide-

alex
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-15-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
I agree with Alex. But also take a look at Hansons Wakeboard Center. The facilities are great.
http://www.worldwakeboardcenter.com/index.htm
Old     (rem_pss308)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-15-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
agree with Alex and tommyc, My son (16) just came back from the boarding school. Shawn had a blown knee, but travis is very good, and travis had a nother pro come and help with the instruction. Everything is there for them and it is in a good neighborhood to stay the week. More than enough riding time. I will be sending him again next summer. The Projects is also good I am told, that was my sons second choice.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-15-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
I took my sons to Dean Lavelle's school in Ft. Lauderdale for a day if your in south FL. Nice time, good guy and close to Rixen.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
I would have to say the same thing has Alex ;)

This is a very good school, excellent instructors, excellent place to stay.

This was my first experience @theboardingschool but not my last.

Very patient, and push you to you OWN limit.
two thumbs up from QC, Canada
Old    wakebrdaholic            09-17-2004, 6:45 AM Reply   
Ride The Spot without a question.