Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-05-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
I just thought I would share with all of you the system Jeff Reese, Mike Hoferer, and I put in my Moby this weekend.
parts
These are all the parts used for the system prior to install.

disconnect
These are the disconnects I decided to go with. They are from the gardening department, and have very little flow restriction.

ts
These are the t's I used for the 3/4 id fill, and the 1/2 overflow lines.

check
These are the check 3/4 check valves I found. I decided to capture the part number for anyone who's interested.

check 2
These are the 1/2 check valves used.

pumps
Here are the simer/bluewater BW85 pumps that everyone keeps talking about.

switches
this is where we placed the switches.

ski locker
We drilled a 1 1/2 hole for the hoses to run into the ski locker.
ski locker
Here is the locker view.

floor
Jeff in "The Hole", we kept him there most of the day. You can also see how we ran the hoses under the floor to the steering cable hole under the drivers side.

pumps
We zip tied the hoses together so they didn't interfere with anything under the floor.

pumps
Here are the pumps under the passenger seat behind the driver.

pump
The pump holding platform is a little sparse right now, but I'm going to replace it with 1/2 black plexi when it comes in. The rear pump was angled up in the front to make clearance for the hose. We just used washers for now, but I'm going to replace them with rubber gaskets when I put the new platform in.

I trialed the new system out on the lake yesterday, total time to fill the front 800lbs 13min, total fill for rear 550's was 15min. I wasn't moving so I could estimate the slowest fill time. The emptying was also impressive, front sack 15min, rear sacks 17min. I left the boat in the water so I could see how much push back I got from the intake. Out of water I'd probably see improved emptying times.

Ok, I know I left out a ton of details, it was hard to document everything as we went along, so I'm sure there are many questions. You may now start drilling me.