Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
We've been looking into addittional board racks, and after checking out some earlier posts, I think that the Mako's are the way to go.
One of the key factors in looking for addittional racks is they have to be quick release for easy removal.
For anyone that has used these before, how well do they work for the wake surfing boards, we have a Landlock and some others, do they fit well in these racks?
What about the boards with abrupt rockers, fit ok?
Thanks!

Jason
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-08-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Jason - I have a set of Mako's and I really like them (old style w/ the bicycle seat clamp quick release system). I guess they updated the quick release mechanism this year? Mine just take a second to take off and on and they seem to be very solid.

As for surf boards and hi rocker boards...Unless they made a new model I think you're out of luck. There is no way a surf board would fit in mine and I had a liquid force trip that barely fit the other day. So something with extreme rocker would probably not fit. I found out the hard way that the new concave wakeskates wont fit so I had to take my wakeskate back for the flatter decked ones. I see on mako's website www.mako-ind.com that the have some flame style rack that is a lot wider that I'm sure would fin all wakeboards..but you'd have to watch and make sure the boards wouldn't hit each other. That is why they have the thicker middle piece on mine I believe.

Well I hope that helps......

ps. Mako really needs to update their site..... Maybe www.wakeside.com or one of the other retailers has the latest pics.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-08-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
We've got the Titan ones. The Landlock does fit in ours, but it is a bit tight and you can see that it squishes the foam a bit. We decided it wasn't worth ruining the board. Had no problems with other boards though.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       03-08-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
I have last years Mako's and they fit a surfer, but only after i talked to Mako and they sent me a couple of longer bungee cords (for about 20 bucks) and 4 plastic dowels. I just put 2 dowels on each strap making it adjustable - this way the bungee cords can fit either a wide board (surfer) or standard.
THe racks work great with the quick release, someone on the accessory classafied was selling a set used too.
Just for visual...
ASCI art of the straps
-------|--|-
Old    tommyadrian5            03-09-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
Here is a thread I started a while back. It was helpful for me and hopefully will answer some of your questions.

http://messageboard.wakeworld.com/MB/discus/messages/3183/97562.html?1076765857

I ended up getting some barely used Wakeside Battle Racks for $400 for 2 racks. They aren't quick release, but I can add the lift-off option later to make them quick release, i'm going to see if I can get away with just having them on there all the time first though. Good luck with your search.
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info!!
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
Well, I ended up getting a killer deal on a pair of 2004 Skylon Bat racks. They are quick release and fit my landlock with no problem. They look really sweet to, love the bat wings. The Mako one's were nice too but my dealer gave me a killer deal on these. Thanks all for your comments. I will post how these turn out.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-09-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
what deal did you get, until i saw the deal on the battle racks i was leaning towards the skylon's
Old    whitevlx            03-09-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
Check out the racks at http://www.wakeproducts.com They have a thumbscrew to release them.

(Message edited by whitevlx on March 09, 2004)