Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-15-2011, 5:14 AM Reply   
I have an 07 MC and was wondering if the newer plug and play ballast system would be able to be purchased as an upgrade to my older model. Is this a possibility or is this a whole new set up that would be cost prohibitive or not possible on an older model. I would love to be able to run my extra sacs in the rear off of the factory pumps and to not have to mess with a seperate ciggarette lighter style pump. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-15-2011, 6:56 AM Reply   
Yep, very possible..

Do a search for "Fly High" and get to buyin
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-15-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
I priced this through the dealer awhile back and it was crazy expensive. I already have sacs just need advice maybe on how to get around the timers and maybe some info on the plumbing specifics.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       03-15-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
My neighbor has timers on his '08 SAN and he just pushes the button once and waits for the factory ballast to fill. Then he hits the button again and it runs for the same duration filling the aftermarket bags.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       03-15-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
Oh, and generally you just pull the vent off of the thru hull and plug that into the bag (With the appropriate fittings). Then you run a new line from the vent on the bag to the thru hull. When the tanks are full then they spill in to the bag.

Don't put check valves on the vent lines like people do when they're just plumbing a bag by itself. If you do it will suck your tanks in and possibly do damage.
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-15-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
Take a look at the MasterCraft teamtalk website as this has been covered previously over there. I think from memory its not so straight forward with the 07/08 vintage MC's You access teamtalk straight from the main mastercraft website
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       03-15-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
Here is the best method taping off of the overflows.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=25491
Old     (jasonwm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-16-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
On any recent Mastercraft model that uses 1" hose you basically have two options for integrating additional ballast on top of the factory system.

- Option 1: Connect the additional bags to the overflow from the factory tanks. This is simple, affordable and works reasonably well, but does have some drawbacks (such as negative pressure damaging the factory tank as discussed above). You can buy the components to do that separately, or you can purchase a pre-packaged solution like our Mastercraft Piggyback Ballast Upgrades.

- Option 2: Install a system that allows you to divert the flow of water from the pump to either the factory hard tank or the auxiliary ballast bag, much like the Plug and Play option available on 2010 and newer boats. This solution will cost more money, but avoids the risks of damage to the tank because the bag is a separate system.

Strictly speaking it is possible to retrofit the factory Plug and Play option, but as pc_sledge mentioned that would be quite expensive. For significantly less money you can install the Fly High Mastercraft X-2 Factory Ballast Upgrade which is essentially identical to the factory Mastercraft Plug and Play option. The only difference is that the Fly High upgrade has manual valves to control the flow of water, instead of the electronic valves that are controlled from the dash that the factory system uses.