Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-08-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
what is the difference between the concaves and the hyperlite scapes? also is there a big diff between the cassette concaves and the linear skates?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-08-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
the cassette concaves are about 200.00 and the linear boards are about 75.00. is there a huge riding difference?
Old    warlock00            10-08-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
scapes are flat form side to side, and the concave HL boards(gate, catalyst)are curved from side to side. Hope that makes sense.

can't help you out with the other.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-09-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
big difference in ride between the concave and the regular?
Old    jetpilotrider03            10-09-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
i think it depends on your ability, i ride a lot better behind the concave, but some people ride good on both
Old    warlock00            10-10-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Well the only concave I have ridden is the gate. And yes there is a lot of difference in the way it rides compared to the scape. I started on the scape at the first of the summer, and was progressing pretty good, then I got the gate a few weeks ago....it definitely has a learning curve to it, at least in my opinion. I have only rode the gate maybe 10 runs though....So I am still getting the feel for it. Landed my first air 180 on this past weekend. It launches you on jumps a lot more, but it is harder to land on it. It rides a lot looser than the scape also. Easier to do lip tricks with it.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-10-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Go with the concave cassette.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-13-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
Jason, do you think the gate is worth the price tag?
Old    warlock00            10-14-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
well I got a really good deal on mine, so yes for the price I paid. Is it worth the $230 I have seen it for, I would wait for a smaller size, then yes. I like it, just takes time to get use to it.