Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-15-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
anyone know if parks is having his double up contest this year? not heard anything about it.

cheers
toby
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Toby ~ Yes, it got moved to late August. I just asked around the office for you and no set date yet.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-15-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
At least he's up and walking now.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-15-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
What's the story with Parks anyway? I never really heard. Another knee injury?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Staph infection in his knee..
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Yea I talked with him at the PWT stop in Minnesota and he said that he thinks/hope that he can make the Double up or nothing...

His leg was pretty weak. Lots of atrophy. But he was stoked to be off the crutches...
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Paul ~ I talked to his bro and that's not true. He had surgery and then he had some fluid in the knee and ended up having 3-4 more surgeries to fix the problem. I too heard the staph story, but Shane told me that was not true.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
Ahhhhh, who made all that crap up then. Oh well, thanks for the real info.!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
I dont know Ant. I heard straight from the horses mouth (parks that is...) that he had a staph infection.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, I also heard that he had a knee infection, and it got to the point (since he waited a few days to go to the doctor) that it had spread badly.

Anyway, I was at the MN stop too and I was silently pleased to see he was off of the crutches, only because I know what it's like. I wish him the best...
Old     (yeah_bud)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-15-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
I heard that they had to amputate his leg from the infection but he is practicing on a prosthetic leg. If the prosthetic leg continues to be a problem hyperlite will customize a pair of bindings for his hands. That’s all I can remember. OK maybe I did hit my head too hard.