Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Mastercraft advertises this boat for $39,995 (or did a few months ago) but what is it really going to cost when outfitted properly? I want a stereo, tower speakers, ballast, pullup cleats, swim platform, etc. Seems like when all is added togather, you are approaching some serious bucks, which opens up a lot of options. Starting to seriously look at wake specific boats but the only boat dealer (singular - as in one) in the area sells Mastercraft. Not any local options, which sucks.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-29-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
I found that end of season closeout pricing resembled the advertised $40k plus options (in my region, anyway). Otherwise, there were subsantial markups to the sticker prices that I saw. Your best pricing for new, will probably be the boat show, unless your dealer has leftover stock and will negotiate.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-29-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
Bob, you are correct. This is just a way for the manufacturer to get you in the dealers door. You probably won't get this boat cheaper than $48k well equipped. $50k is more likely. This is the same boat as 99'-03' X-Star, 04'-05' X-2, so you may want to look for a slightly used one. The 04'-05's are really nice if you can find one.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-29-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
The advertised price is like a base model car, by the time you add all your tyical creature comforts and options, you bound to be higher...

Still a great value, just more than advertised.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-29-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Definately try to find one leftover at the deal or an 05 or 04 with little hours. The price will be a lot better than paying for one new equipped.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-29-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
It all depends on the dealer and time of year. I have seen them equipped with everything you asked for minus the tower speakers (1700) on the internet for 38900, and I have seen the same boat advertised for 45k, so it really depends on where you buy. However, Mastercraft decided to add 8% to their 07 prices, so you are going to pay at least low to mid 40s for the same boat if not more, and like you say, there are a lot of boats to be had for that kind of money.
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-30-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
I bought my X1 last Feb almost fully loaded (didnt have a heater, shower, and only one remote for stereo) for around 53K. I got the tandem trailer, upgraded stereo with sub, tower speakers, amp, full ballast, depth finder, the good board racks (the clamp ones not the corded ones), tower mirror, perfect pass, cover, MCX and teak deck. Like people have said I would expect that to rise this year.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Bob,
The hull of the X1, 99'-03' X-Star, 04'-05' X-2 is the Mastercraft Prostar 205V. If you can find a (used or left-over) PS205V you can build it up. There's always aftermarket equipment and DIY projects to help save you $$$. That's what I've been doing (see profile pic).
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-30-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Paul I know it's been said before but your boat is gorgeous. I really like the paint scheme much more than the new X1 or older X2 or older Xstar. The boat is really clean nice build up.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
Kyle L. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread and kinda take it off topic. I was trying to make the point that there are ways to get the costing down closer to the price-point level...if you're willing to invest your time to do some work and/or arrange aftermarket stuff.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-01-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
it looks ike mc jumped on the 'cheap big 3 band wagon'(i predict cc will be next with offering a $40k 210 / narrow hull)....

all it is a commonly used marketing approach to get potential $40k boat buyers in the door rather than look at supra/moomba/centurion)ie low cost leader....all they are is stripped, bare bones models, it takes a far amount of money to get them properly equipped, I think when all is said and done, they are a little cheaper than their predecessors..

granted you can buy them stripped but very, very dealers will order them that way and any knowledgeable buyer will add the needed items....

btw, I find it really interesting tige is going the opposite way (building a nicer boat / charging more $$$)
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-01-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
What did not make sense to me is the same dealer had a fairly loaded X2 they were trying to get rid of and it was in the low to mid 50's. Aside from the X1 vs. X2 wake argument, the X2 was a LOT more boat (size wise).
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-01-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
Most likely it's older inventory and they are paying interest on the unit as it sits there...

feel out the ground, maybe you can just about literally steal it from them!! esp if it's been there for months!!