Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Anyone using this product:

I am interesting in getting one and wanted to see if there are any opinions out there. If you do use it, did you go with 12V or 110 and why?

-Keith
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-24-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
I don't have one, but I have friends with both. I would go with the 110 if you have power on your dock, its faster. The 12v w/solar pannel is good if you don't have power on your dock, but it doesn't alway have enough juice to crank up mulitiple times. There is an attachment that you can use your boats battery, but thats a pain.

I have two boys that need the exercise.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-24-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Karl,

Thanks. Just curious, why is the connection to the boat's battery a pain? That is the way I was thinking of going - although I do have electrician friends who could wire it for me for 110.

-Keith
Old    wissota            05-24-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
I have a 110v unit that works great. A friend has the 12 volt unit & has to "high" idle his boat while lifting & help the wheel or it is a big drain on the battery. I would definately get the 110 volt unit; besides then you can plug in a battery charger, vacume or blender.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
My in laws use power from the boat for their shore station. Never had a problem with power getting the boat up. Lift is a Shore Station, boat is an MC if that makes a difference.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-24-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Keith,
I have one that is a 12volt model. I have mine hooked into the boat battery and it works really good. I did have a problem at the beggining of the year with it killing the battery in the boat. I think that is mainly cause my alternator can't keep up with the heater, stereo and all the other crap I have running. I put a solar cell on top of my shore station and that solved the problem. The unit comes with the wire to hook it to the battery and the connectors that pulg together. I took those connectors off and used regular plugs from the hardward store. I put the female plug on the wires going to the battery and then one male plug on the motor wires and another one on the solar panel wires. So after I crank up the boat I unplug the motor and plug the solar panel into the battery plug so I charges it. I didn't really have any problems with it killing the battery last year but I didn't usually crank it up all the way. This spring has been pretty rainy so I have been lifting it really high each time so it drain the battery more. let me know if you have any more questions I would be happy to help out. I also found another cool system that gets rid of the wheel thing altogether and looks to be a little nicer. If you want info on it let me know I will see if I can find it at home.
Stan