Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-04-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Ok well I have been looking around at different boats. I am thinking 04+ Supra 21v, Moombs XLV, or Maybe a CC Super Air Natique 210. They all range in years, I guess from 03-05 or so. I am trying to stay around 40k and lower if I can.

The only one I personally have ever boarded behind is a XLV. I want a good wake boat, and something to take a kind of a ruff lake. Also reliability and the boat holding its value is a big plus.

Thanks
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-04-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
The supras and the xlv will take rough water better than the 210. But IMO, the 210 will have a much nicer wake over the xlv. Its all rider preference
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
The only one of those boats that meets all your criteria is the XLV.
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
you should consider an old mastercraft xstar because those boats really hold there value and they have a great wake.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-04-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
id take the SAN 210... sick boat for sure. one of the greatest wake boats ever built.
Old     (ronskal)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
If ride quality is a priority, I can attest that a 21V will do a good job. I do not own one but test drove one on a busy day and it was sweet. The SAN210 is a legend, but like my 04 X2, it will jar you some in the rough.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-04-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
21V, XLV, or a MC 205v hull.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       04-05-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Chris,
With my limited experience on Wakeworld and the Boat X vs. Boat Y threads, I have come to the conclusion that all boats have their pluses and minuses. Now, as the person who started this thread, you have to not only mention the feature/characterists that you want a boat (which you did), but have to prioritize them. For example: "I want a boat with the best wakeboarding wake that I can afford (wake: 100%, ability to handle chop: 0%, ability to hold value: 0%)" or "I want a boat hat can hold its value most importantly and it has to be able to handle chop. If the wake is just ok, I can deal with it: (Wake: 12.5%, Ability to handle chop: 37.5%, and ability to hold its value: 50%)" Im not getting mad at you (after reading this post it seems like Im an a$$h*%e), rather Im trying to get information from you which will help the other members on Wakeworld present an informed opinion on what they feel is the best boat to accommodate your needs.
Im a Mastercraft guy so my opinion on these boats is not biased at all. I have ridden behind a 210 and can honestly say that the wake is phenomenal, but I have yet to be in a 210 riding through chop. I have have also ridden behind the Supra and can say that the wake is not in the same playing field as the 210. I have ridden in rougher waters in the Supra and can say that the ride is pretty good for an inboard. As for holding its value, I would go for the Nautique anyday. Their ability to hold value and their durability is outstanding though it is by no mean bad with Supra either. I wish you the best of luck picking out a new boat because we all know how big of a decision buying a boat really is. BTW remember, my critique of the boats is IMO and is solely based on my experiences with the boats. There are probably many people out there reading my post and totally disagreeing with me.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-05-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Ryan,
A 205v would NOT be a good rough water boat. Trust me on this one
Old    bocephus            04-05-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Correct Craft all day long...IMO not even in the same league as the others...the 210 is head and shoulders above the other two you listed!
Old    murrayair            04-05-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
I have never ridden behind a 21v, but I've been in and behind plenty of VLXs and 210s. Between the Malibu and the Nautique I'd go with the Nautique every time. I like the interiors of both boats about the same but, IMO, the Nautique has a better wake and drives better. Either choice, however, would make you quite happy.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
XLV will handle the chop better and throws a sweet wake when weighted properly, 21V is a killer boat with a great wake, the 210 wake is a legend from what I've read. I personally would go for the XLV because it's a bigger boat. test drive them
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
since i am not sure what a "ruff" lake is, and the size of your posse, the CC 210 hands down.
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-06-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Chqwakeboarder I appreciate the advice and i understand where you are coming from.

Well my crew varies a lot. This will be a boat that my family will own. Lake house probably on lake conroe, Tx which is a nice lake during the week but weekends are crazy. Crew varies in that I go out a lot with about 3-4 guys, but then there is the random party weekend where we can see 20 people plus....but they dont really count.

Anyways I want a wake boat, and dad dosnt really care as long as it is a nice boat, will hold its value like I said, and will be reliable. One thing i know about moombas is they have really crappy interiors and they tend to get torn up pretty easy...just from what I have seen. Ok I don’t really know %, but I know what is important to me, a good wake, std features, ballast PP which most newer boats have, and it has to be a newer boat. A good ride dosnt really matter to me b/c I just don’t care, but since it will be his boat, it matters to him b/c he is old and doesn’t like to get beat around. Another important thing as well is just efficiency, I don’t really need a 23 ft boat and I am sure it is going to eat a ton more gas. The only reason I didn’t include MC is b/c how expensive they are, I love the x-star and have rode behind one a few times and they are great boats, but a little to much for us right now. Maybe that helps a little more. I am thinking 210, I have never been in one before so I wanted to see what the general feeling was about them compared to a few of the others.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
210's are small inside. I've been in a 21v one time and could not get over how big it was inside.I did like the 210 wake better. But I would be happy to have anyone of those boats.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-06-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
210s wake in my opinion is the best wake out there especially with the year range you are looking at
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-06-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
All really good boats, but I personally LOVE CC 210s.. Throws out a sick wake, incredible build quality, one of the best boats on the market
Old     (oldskier)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
Hey Chris I have a 04 sanger v210 for 31900 see it under boat for sale nice ride in SoCal

Upload
Upload
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2007, 4:44 AM Reply   
Moomba XLV has biggest wake of the 3 hands down.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-07-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
I wouldn't say the biggest of the three..but its big. For rough water riding -21v. For wake quality- 210.

I would take another look at the new 06-07 Moombas. They have done alot with the interior and upgraded it a great deal. I agree that the 05 and below had lacking interiors to say the least.
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-07-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
yeah i need to figure it out. What also sucks is there seems to be no good used boats around houston. Everything is in the dallas area so i guess i have to make a trip to dallas to take a look at a few boats.