Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (bonz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
get this i was on vacation all week in florida and i go into one of the local board shops to see what they had , and saw some stuff that i really liked and I was going buy .i was looking at one of their surf boards not picking it up or nothing and the guy comes over there ''Can i help you'' he says
"no just looking." i said the he said "your not suppose to touch this stuff can you not read" and pointed at a sign that says please ask for assistance with the uglyist look on his face i ever saw so i said "yea and guess what was going to spend 200$ in here but since you are @$$ i wont and ill tell everybody i know this shop sucks".before i walked out the i told everybody in the shop how rude he was so everybody in the shop left without buying anything and i everybody i saw on the street i told how crappy he's shop is.

(Message edited by bonz on July 28, 2006)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-28-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
huh?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-28-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
"....can you not read" or write??
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-28-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
Joe, I guess this the English 14yo's are taught now. *EDIT* I just saw that he's from Alabama too. Maybe that explains it.

... I couldn't really understand it either.

(Message edited by boarder_x on July 28, 2006)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-28-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
wut da h3ll y0! d4t sux f0 sho!

Yeah, I caught bits and pieces of it, sounds like a crappy deal. Sorry to hear you got screwed.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
It's OK little buddy, some people just aren't that good with customer service. I'm sure the guy assumed that you, being only 14, had no intentions of buying anything. It happens to the best of us.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-28-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Looks like you decided to stoop down to the level of the sales guy... Are you really 14? coming on here to brag about a fit you threw doesn't exactly speak well of you
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Robb if you couldn't understand it then you might be the one with problems. You guys can be harsh sometimes...I don't get a rise out of picking on 14 year olds, maybe it'll come with age. Way to go Joe starting the bandwagon. It is a bummer man bad customer service doesn't sit well with me either. Be considerate though, it's not your job to condemn the place. Just take your business elsewhere
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-28-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
I agree with Chris, a lil harsh on the guy ehh??
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-28-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I'm glad you didn't spend money in there. Just b/c you're 14 doesn't give someone the right to treat you in a way that you feel is insulting. Hope it didn't ruin the vacation for you. As for the "temper tantrum," you're 14 ... if you're still doing that when you're 24, seek help. p.s. I understood your post on the 1st try, probably cuz I lived in Mississippi for awhile - LOL! (sorry, I had to)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-28-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
I guess since you were gonna buy something, it gave you the right to to be discourteous and ignore the sign that politely asked you to not touch.

There's a reason for the sign, it's to protect YOU! If you pick up a board, and don't put it back correctly and it falls, then the liability is on you. By putting a sign up that says please ask for help, it takes the liability from you, and puts it on them.

whether he was a jerk or not is irrelevant since you disrespected him first. I personally would have nicely asked you to leave, whether you were buying something or not.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-28-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
Did the sign only say "please ask for assitance"? or was there more to it?

If I was ever in a board shop that wouldn't let me touch product I'd probably leave. I want to take a board off the shelf, look at its features, its rocker, its shape, construction etc.

Now if something is over my head (not hard I'm all of 5'6) I'll ask for help cause I'm not dropping anything or falling on my butt.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-28-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Chris, I am VERY careful to try and not offend people on here, because I know I have much to learn about this sport. However, after reading what he wrote, and seeing he's 14 (doubt it, probably a Smart a$$ comment), he deserves the flaming he's getting.

The other half is, everyone likes to make fun of Alabama, Texas, and Mississippi, for their supposed lack of quality public education. However, Mississippi is the ONLY state ranked lower than California. .... So ... Either he (and you) can deal with a little joke now and then, or not.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-28-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
what shop was did that happen at?
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-29-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the clairifacation Robb....hopefully this tidbit is something we can agree on, nobody deserves flamming on here! Its a public forum, a place to come learn, listen, and share but most importantly have a good time. Flamming gets in the way of it. Im really not saying that this is one of those situations but there are so many places out there in the WWW where the people/members pride themselves on starting arguments and making others look and feel foolish. I like our board. Dave along with some of our members have done a good job to make it like that! Thanks

(Message edited by crracer on July 29, 2006)
Old     (bonz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
it was a surf shop on the beach .

i understand it was there to protect me .
all it said was please ask for assistance.

the boards were on the floor.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-29-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
surf boards are very fragile and can ding very easily.

Every surf shop has the same signs on the boards being displayed. They dont want you pulling them out of the racks because it's very likely that you might ding a brand new $500.00 + stick that wont be brand new anymore dinged.

Common sense if you really sit back and think about it.

Maybe the guy was a jerk to you, but maybe you should have respected the shop and it's inventory.....you might not have had the same reaction.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
have you never seen Lords of Dogtown... At the Zephyr shop it's $10 to browse, it's not a public library landon.