Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
is anyone else who rides these bindings having problems with the hinge un-doing itself when you cut hard heelside, or slide heelside? i tried tightening them some but it really isnt doing the trick. does anyone have any ideas?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2006, 5:37 AM Reply   
It's a known problem unfortunately. If it bothering you, you might wnt to consider returning them for a pair of Zeus if it's the hinge you like.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-08-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
My son can't ride his for the same reason and he is really bummed. The Zeus and the Faction are miles apart on stiffness, maybe Nick and my son should try the torq???
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2006, 9:43 PM Reply   
Huh. The Torques would be better than the Factions? Why would that be?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Ive had no problems with the hinges coming undone on my Torq's, not even once have they come undone.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-09-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
I have had the Torq's (ridden 20+) times and the factions (ridden 10+) times . . . never had the hinge come undone. Of course I haven't really ridden the factions that hard yet, so . . .we'll see.

I have had to reglue the overlay on my factions where they cover the screw head on the bottom. I had to do this after my first ride. Purely cosmetic . . .
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
I broke the baseplate on my factions on the fourth time out with them.Damn happy with the warranty, Sports ltd. took them back no questions asked.I upgraded to some Watsons.After about five sets they are the most comfortable binding I've worn
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Guys,

CWB is manufacturing a add-on to prevent this from happening. You should be able to acquire this part through your dealer shortly.

Sounds like they are making it right.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
yeah it's a pretty cool heal cup piece. I know a rider that has tested it out and it helped the issue.

(Message edited by antbug on August 09, 2006)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
had it been hyperlite's boa knob coming undone or lf's laces coming loose, you guys would've torn them apart!
Old    mendo247            08-09-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^
LMAO!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-09-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
yeah no doubt. i guess thats what you get when you release your stuff all early......add-ons to fix the problem. LOL!!!!!!!! muah ha ha ha ha!!!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
eh, i don't mean to make fun of cwb at all. in fact, i think it's great they're addressing the issues.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-09-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
Had it been Hyperlite or LF there wouldn't have been a fix until the next model year!!! muah hahahablahblahblah.

Ba-Zing!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Every company has produced products with "Bugs." Considering the hinge movement went over flawlessly for the most part, I don't really see this as a big deal.

Hyperlite on the other hand continued to produce crap. They even give you extra parts for their boa system as to say, "we know this is going to fall apart, so here are some spare parts just incase."
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
jrod, you know i was just messin' with you.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
J-rod ~ That's not HL, that's BOA. My Vans snowboard boots came with extra laces and I had those 2 years before HL was using BOA.

Funny post Joe hahaha. Great come back Steve!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
All you have to do is tighten the cable. If its coming loose then they just need to be tightened up a bit. Should keep it from happening again.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
I know Joe...I wasn't taking offense...sall good.

Ant...in the end it is still HL Boxing up the boots with extra parts if you ask me.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-10-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
i still agree that the CWB fans here would rip LF or HL to shreds if they have a problem but will dumb down something wrong with a CWB product. Its just the way it is on this forum.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
iamnathanhudson, go take a look at the thread where the Shane Bonifay Boots exploded on the guy. Then come back here and tell me why I can't rip LF to shreds. We are comparing apples to oranges here.

The Factions can pop open while riding, you fix it by tightening the factory tension of the cable, alert the press!!

The Shane Boots can completely blow apart and simple tricks. I challenge you to find someone who has done anything remotely close to a CWB boot. I'm sure it's out there, but I also guarantee the frequency is no where close.

I've been riding my Zeus' for close to a year now and they look brand new. It's not dumbing down, its explaining a simple fix for a relatively minor problem. When the Hinge starts falling off and tearing peoples leg hairs off then come with your gripe.
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
OOOOOOOOOooHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old    chocobeat            08-11-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
i saw a kid tear the zeus laces straight out just putting them on at a tournament
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
imo, calling it a "relatively minor problem" is "dumbing down," as the hinge popping open can cause major injuries.

for the record, i still wanna try the faction.

(Message edited by dakid on August 11, 2006)
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-11-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
thank you joe. I am just saying that this is a site where there is an abundant amount of CWB supporters and for good reason....they put out good product...heck most companies do.....however, because of the abundance of CWB supporters you will find when there is a problem or "bug" with one of their new products that you will find those supporters dumbing it down a lot. When other wakeboard & binding companies have problems or "bugs" with their products the CWB fans preach their product up and down and then procede to shred that particular company apart....just an observation....not that i care.....I would like to try the factions out....i plan on trying some of their boards out....i have tried a few....and was impressed.....so don't worry, I am not trying to insult your beloved CWB.....i am just pointing out an observation on posting behavior. Ok, maybe i did poke a little fun earlier talking about releasing a product early and needing an add on.....but am i not right?.....maybe if they would have held off and put the binding through the ringer a little more they wouldn't have had to worry about it because they would have incorporated the heel cup in the first place after finding out about the hinge popping open.
Now take the bunched up panties and politely pull them free.....LOL!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
I'd be the first to say that LF has come up with some of the most revolutionary product in our sports short history. I used to be die hard LF until little ol' me started snapping their boards. They just ALWAYS fall short in quality. Hell CWB sucked until 4 years ago, I would have never ridden their stuff.

I consider something that takes less than 5 minutes to fix using only a screwdriver a relatively minor problem. Trust me the Faction went through some extensive testing, the earlier prototypes looked much different than the finished product. Hell the first Hinge boot I saw two years ago looked like a damn Erector Set was raided for parts, janky as heck! All I do is share my experience, that experience shows my CWB gear being bomb proof and my buddies other gear not holding up as well. Sorry for my strong statements, I just don't see how its any different than any other person defending their opinion. I guess power in numbers is a weakness here?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
fact is, hyperlite, lf, cwb, etc. boards break. hyperlite, lf, cwb, etc. bindings break. what should be in question is how the companies handle issues w/ their products. as far as i know, hyperlite, lf and cwb all take care of their customers when it comes to warranty issues.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-11-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
Joe, you are so diplomatic these days! Nor-cal changes people... for the better!! haha just messin man.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
haha! hell nah dude! i'm still the same joe!
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
used mine many times. have had Zero problems and they are comfortable as hell.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-14-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
I love the passion of these threads. I hope you guys can appreciate how cool it is to be able to get a lot of experienced viewpoints about just about anything to do with wakeboarding by consulting here. Just don't forget what a small community this is and try not to make it too personally rancorous. Just my opinion. In any case, I bought the Factions about a month ago and have been very happy with them. I'm only an intermediate rider so don't have a lot to compare, but they are super comfortable, no juice required ever and the flex at the ankle (which is what worried me) hasn't been a problem. I've had the hinge release a couple of times so I'll try tightening the cable, but even with that I never have come close to coming out of them.
Old     (zerp)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-14-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
The upgrade works great. I had the same problem with my factions coming undone while riding and talked to CWB and they ended up sending me a pair with the upgrade. The hinge has not come undone once with the new pair. It also stiffens the bindings up quite a bit so they offer a bunch more support.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-14-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Nick, thats good to hear! cwb contacted me when they saw this post asking for my house address so that they could send me a set of heel cup supports. Now thats what i call sustomer service!
Now im just waiting for them to come in.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-14-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
I could use a set of those for my Factions as well. I just sent CWB a message through their website. I hope they send me a set as well.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-15-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
I am thinking of purchasing the Factions so this is good news that CWB is fixing the problem. I have to say I just like a good product.I currently ride Hyperlite equip. But after riding the Transcend this past weekend, well Im really leaning toward a CWB set up.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-15-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
That is a killer combo O7 Transcend with 07 Factions, I just happen to have that same combo.
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-15-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
I blew the entire inner and outer heel out of my front faction yesterday, Called CM today and he had me set up in less than 30 minutes... no doubt CWB does a great job fixing any problems they do have.