Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-16-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Looking to upgrade to a Slingshot this off season. Currently ride a 139 Ronix Vault as my first board. I'm 6'00 155-160lbs. Seems to be a fairly big gap in Slingshot sizing. The board im looking at in my range is either 137 or 142. Wish i could demo them but theres no demos in my area. I'm seeing that some riders prefer to ride up in size. Any opinions/advice?
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-16-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
I am the same size as you and ride a 140 witness and typically like a little larger board. Last week I rode a 136 witness and did not care for it at all. The landings were not as stable and I could not save as many landings as I do on my 140. I have a wide stance and on the shorter board it felt a little sketchy being so close to the tip and tail. I could spin faster but had a harder time with the landings.

You are right in the middle of the two sizes but I would go with the 142.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-17-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
I think im a little shorter and heavier than you but I was on a 136 witness and went straight to a 142 company severance and i love it. Riding better than ever now and starting mobes. Flex is the shiznit but i would say go for the 142 because they're super light. Also if your used to a really locked in feel maybe look towards a hybrid because the severance (and i think other ss and Co. boards) is really loose and slippery on the water but you can learn to like it
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
i'm much shorter 5'6" and 165 i ride a 140 and have ridden 142 no problem. my wife has a 136 jett [same as witness]. i feel that board is on the small side. landings are harder and not as much pop.
'
Old     (mryan318)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-18-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
I went from riding a LF S4 142 to a Slingshot repsonse 142 this year and I love it. I am 5'9 and weight around 190 lbs and before the S4 I rode a LF Trip 138. I feel alot more comforable on the bigger. I have a couple of friend that are sponsor by Slingshot so I got to ride the repsonse and reflex at a cable park and really liked the response. I ride behind the boat about 75% of the time and I took me a few set to get use to the flex but because I came from a snowboarding background now I feel way more comfortable with my slingshot and any of the other boards I have ridden or demo. The only other board I have heard is like a Slingshot is the company severance and I hope to get the chance to ride one. Most likely I will never go back to a stiff board and always ride flex now.