Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-28-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
A friend just told me that when he went by CWS they were all closed up and the bank is going to take the boats. If it's true, that's not good to hear. I was hoping they would hang in there. Does anyone know more?
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-28-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
It is tough out there!
Old     (chevychris)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-28-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
they have had a sighn on there buliding for over a month saying we quit
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-28-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
CWS is closing along with The Boat Shop in Rancho Cordova. Tom, the owner, has discounted a ton of boats that are 2007 and 2008 models. So, yes, they are closing. The service department will be open until July or so.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-28-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
another thread that just got closed.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/675167.html
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-28-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
I already knew about that thread. So why did my friend say the bank is repossessing all the boats?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-28-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
It's true - The bank evidently ownes the boats and is taking offers. There is NO good deals to be had there on new boats - I went by a few weeks ago to look (not that I want a new one, but for the right price...)

You supposedly give them an offer and they submit it to the bank and the bank can then tell you to pound sand or not.

Is the boat shop the centurion dealer across 50? (I can't remember the name of it). I figured they were on borrowed time as all of their boats are repos (at least it looks that way).

I took my boat out to Folsom lake this afternoon to make sure it was good to go this year, and that place was JUMPIN! No Great Depression in Folsom! I saw a number of sweet Malibu's, a few Mastercrafts, some hotties with new waverunners or whatever they are called now... Good to see people enjoying the water!

Sucks to see the boat shops going down. Larson is still the place to go for stuff. Someday I'll drive off their lot with a new SAN
Old     (swellbow)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-28-2009, 10:12 PM Reply   
I agree with The Larson Marine comment those guy's have been so helpfull in my boat buying process.. With test drives and answering questions. Goos to see they are trying so hard when everyone else is throwing the towel in. So I say supprot the few shops that are going to push threw all of this..
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-29-2009, 1:08 AM Reply   
I would say buy a Wakecraft.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-29-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
"I would say buy a Wakecraft."

Dan,

How about if you buy twenty wakecrafts, get a retail location, stock a pro shop, hire sales, service, and admin staff (or do all of that work yourself), advertise, do demos, pay your bills on time, and see if you earn enough to avoid what has happened to Capital. Otherwise, shut up already with unrelated comments like that one before Mr. Williams nukes you from this site forever.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-29-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
What is a Wakecraft?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-29-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Swellbow - Were you test driving boats sat? I saw them taking a sweet all white SAN toward Folsom. Very nice.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
I think it's that computer video game that Ozzy Osborne and Mr T are always on commercials for :-)
Old     (swellbow)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-29-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Test drive in STOCKTON TODAY....
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-29-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
i didnt mind the wakecraft bs. i just let it go. its over the top now. i never met anyone who wanted to buy one but if i do , i will do everything i can to talk them out of it.....
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-29-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
oh no wakecraft is in the house!
sucks to hear about a dealer closing down :-(