Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (tim20man)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-18-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
I got a 2006 mastercraft x1 and the propeller has one bend fin and a small chip out of the other one. is that ok? or will it effect the wake ? should i buy a new one.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-18-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
it just may effect the ride if its small... a shutter when you start up... and if its tiny it can get repaired for a LOT cheaper than a new one

try it out, if its really bad take it to a local marina and they'll fix it up for ya.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-18-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
fix it soon! it is not ok. if you have a bent fin, you will have vibration and balance issue potentially taking out the trans and those arent cheap, but rebuilding it now is not.
Old     (fast355)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
Tim,

Rent or buy a prop puller from your dealer or local marina. Pull it yourself(its easy) and and get it repaired.

Even a slight chip or bend can cause significant imbalance and/or vibration. Not good for your drivetrain.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Ditto, I would repair that ASAP!!!!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-18-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
I just had mine rebuilt and the service was great for my ACME, I cant say enough good about em. Get it fixed!
http://acmemarine.com/
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-18-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
dude dont run that thing for a min

last time i put a ding in my prop i could not even see it until my buddy who is a boat mechanic showed it to me, i just felt it. man if you driving that thing around with a prop that damaged i would take it in and have the strut and shaft alined. that is why i own a spare prop and a puller, so the fun doesnt have to end.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-19-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
I had the same issue (minor bend in one blade), after spending $70 last time for major repair I thought I would try and tap it back into place. End result was.....it looked like it was in line with other blades, but when on water still had vibration.

Long story short, get it fixed by a pro!
Old     (tim20man)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-19-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
thanks well i guess i better get it fixed before the short season in alberta starts.