Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (devans19)      Join Date: May 2005       10-31-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
I just bought an 03 Sanger V210. I have 400 pound sacks in each of the rear lockers. I want to wakesurf and am wondering what else I should add or if I should change these out for larger sacks? I want all of the sacks to be out of the way and not visible if possible. Also, is there a way to put an aftermarket ballast system in this boat? Or, is there at least a way to connect the sacks to simplify the filling process? Thanks!
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-31-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
I contacted Scott Pellaton at Sanger about this and for $1395 you can take your boat to the factory and have a ballast system installed...but just the two in the back. The front is an additional $795. This includes all labor, pumps, wiring, switches, etc... I think it's a little high.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-31-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
I have an 05 V210 that we surf behind. We put the Fly High Nautique Wedge sacks in the 2 rear storage lockers. Our boat came with a Fly High bag in the ski locker. We have it set up so that you can flip a switch on the dash and fill or drain the 3 bags. We added another through the hull fitting to the rear of the boat so we can empty the bags faster. Ours surfs great with one rear bag full on the side you surf on, the center bag and all the people one one side.
Old     (devans19)      Join Date: May 2005       10-31-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
Sue, what do you mean by "We added another through the hull fitting to the rear of the boat"? Do you fill/drain the bags through the drain hole? If so, how did you set it up that way? How heavy are your Fly High Nautique Wedge sacks?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
Are you interested in setting your boat up for wakeboarding as well or just surfing?
Old    walt            10-31-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Thats a good question Darren.

For wakeboarding I run 900 in lead. 500 in back 400 up front.

Then I run one 500 and one 380 sack up front and a 380 sack on the floor in back.

It seems to work well for surfing too.
Old    bigrich            10-31-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Damn Walt any room left for people?
Old    walt            10-31-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
I take the back sack out if I have five or six people but the bow is all sacks.

Upload
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-31-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
i dunno walt, that's pretty low...

i bet the wake kicks a.ss though.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Mines similar to Walts. Pair of 350 pound tanks in the back, 600 pound sac in the floor & 550 pounds of lead in the front under the bow seats. Wake is money, still drives well and not too bad on gas. Plenty of room for peeps Rich, everything is hidden. I'll post some new photos soon, I just got back from "the boyz trip".
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-31-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
sangeria, I wish sanger would bring that price to around 1300 for rear and front installed then it would be a good deal. I need to make some friends at the sanger plant. Does sanger sell any of the hardware like the switches? thanks
Nate
Old     (devans19)      Join Date: May 2005       10-31-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
Yes, we will be wakeboarding as well. I was thinking about putting a couple of lead bricks in there as well because they are small. Couple hundred pounds maybe. Where can you get them and, I hear you can get them coated?
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-02-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Dan,
We put the extra through the hole fitting in our boat so we could pump out the water faster. Even with the big pumps it was taking too long. Now it's a quick process to drain. We have water coming out 2 openings at the same time.
We ordered rocker switches from Sanger so that all the switches on the dash match. To fill the bags I open the ski locker and turn the valves to the open position and flip the switch on the dash.
The Nautique Pro X series wedge sacks fit the rear storage compartments really well. Also they are blue to match my boat! They weigh 370lbs. each. We added supports to the floor next to the removable sides beside the engine compartment. This keeps the bags from pushing on them.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-02-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Sue, do you know the brand of the dash switches? I've had no luck finding them for my 215.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
t&w electronics-800-531-8409 ask for don
part numbers for the dpdt 3 position and the 30 amp breaker are:
0862-0113
1658-G21-01-P10 30A
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-02-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Nate...your best bet for any specific questions about your Sanger is to send an email to Scott Pellaton. This guy is Mr. Sanger...he knows everything about these boats. His email address is spellaton@sbcglobal.net
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Eric, I'm not sure of the brand. We called Sanger and they gave us the parts department and we told them that we wanted rocker switches to match the ones in our 05' V210 and they sent them to us. The replacement switches have 2 positions so that you can push the top of the switch to start a pump for filling and the bottom of the switch to drain.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-03-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Sue. I called Sanger yesterday and they would not sell me swtiches. Using Darren's part numbers and google, I was able to find that the switches are made by McGill.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
Eric,I'm glad you found them. I wonder why Sanger wouldn't sell them.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-03-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
Sanger refers all retail customers to the it's dealers. Sanger, as a rule will not sell direct to the public. It's been their policy for many years.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-05-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
I guess they let us purchase the switches since we bought the boat through Scott Pellaton. There wasn't a Sanger dealer in Idaho in 05'. We now have a dealer in Boise, so we arn't the only Sanger on the lakes around here anymore.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-05-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
I just purchased a '99 V210 and I have a locker sack from my old boat left over. It's a Fly-High locker sack and I believe it is 350 lbs. In general, is that the type of sack you all use up in front on your V210's? Or did you have custom sacks made?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-05-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
My 99 v210 has a cooler in the floor, was it an option to have a ski locker in the front?
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-05-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Nate - I had the same question as you. Lift the cooler out and there is a "ski locker" from the front of the gas tank to the bow
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
I had a custom sack under there, 10"x28"x80". When that split I got creative and put a single air bed matress under there as a temporary measure. 250 hrs later and its still working well.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-05-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Darren got any idea on how much weight the air matress is? Do you fill it with a hand held pump or do you have a system plummed in?

I really wish their was a sanger forum, with all the how to's of sangers. Especially building a ballast system from start to end with rear and front bag set ups. Im talking pump numbers, hose sizes the works.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
Nate, I did my whole system in my 06 V210, custom front and rear. Let me know if you need any help. I am familiar with every piece. And it's all factory Sanger items with the exception of the FlyHigh quick-connect sacs.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on November 05, 2006)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
The bag in theroy weighs in at 700 pounds but due to the floor cavity you couldn't be getting any more than 600 in there tops. Mine is plumbed in with skin fittings, camlocks and reversable pumps.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-05-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
Nate - I'm right there with you. The hunting down of information is very tedious. Everybody does it a little different. If you find a web-site or helpful info let me know, since that is my winter project too (one of them at least)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-05-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Speaking of doing things differently here is how my ballast switches work. On the left of the steering wheel I have 3 switches for front left and right. On the right I use one of the factory spares as a master so you don't bump a pump on and burn it out.
Upload
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-05-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sparky Jay, why not write a write-up on the whole process for everyone to read.

I remember a while back that someone was going to start a sanger forum any truth to that?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-05-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
Nate, that could be very time consuming. I thought if you had any specific questions, I could help. If you're starting from square one with no real ideas in your mind, I would suggest either studying someone's V210 ballast system or see if any dealers might let you look at factory installed systems for you to come up with a "blueprint" so do speak. As stated earlier, there are a few different choices along the way. I wanted mine to be just as the factory would of done, but improved in a few areas.