Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-24-2006, 4:32 AM Reply   
Few months back Jeff Walker was trying to get Skiers Choice remove the wakesurfing warnings on their website.

Well....

On Saturday Aprill 22, 2006, Jeff Walker is coaching wakesurfing to Supra/Moomba owners in a brand new 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV belonging to Skiers Choice!

Way to go Jeff. You were an awesome addition to the jamboree.

I didn't see that many people going out with Team O'Brien rider Russ Wilde to learn to wakeboard - they were going out to wakesurf!
Old    surfdad            04-24-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
That was a great time Ed, and you're right the majority of the folks there were wakesurfing. I just posted on the moomba board about my mental notes. I counted a 3 to 1 ratio in favor of people and runs wakesurfing vs wakeboarding.

Great event Ed, we enjoyed it immensely and I think I gathered a great deal of valuable info in helping folks learn to wakesurf.

You also simply have to love a venue where the signs on the beach warn NOT to feed the 'gators. :-)

Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
I want to thank Jeff and Ed for all the support and advise
they have given the wakesurf movement.

thanks, jeff page / inland surfer
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
James Walker and Jeff Walker presenting the custom Walker board to Jay Warren of skiers Choice.

Upload
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Winner of the Red Tide board donated by Jeff Page of Inland Surfer:

Upload

Winner of one of Awakesurf.com boards donated By Alan Bogdanoff
Upload

Sorry Mike Walker and Alan, one Moomba owner won both a Awakesurf.com board AND a Walker Project.com F-18 board.

They split without letting me grab a photo of them.

(Message edited by Ed G on April 25, 2006)