Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-30-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
News related to the proposed Santee Cable Park appeared in today's San Diego Union Tribune:

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/30/1ez30cable202136-proposed-santee-cable-ski-park-dr/?metro&zIndex=107871
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-30-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Keep us updates on voting and ballots Dennis. We will support it 100% and make sure everyone knows when to go out and support it. I am assuming you have to be a Santee Resident to be able to vote on it?
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-30-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
It seems like a no brainer, build the park! Of course as wakeboarders we want it, but in economic times like this it seems any new business is a step in the right direction.
-Build the park, create more local revenue
-show that cable parks work in CA
-spread cable parks throughout CA
-spread the stoke of wakeboarding
-increase wake participation, thus increasing board sales and economic progress in many related areas

GO SANTEE GO!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Geoff,

As I read it, only the Santee City Council will vote on it after the public comment period ends 6/13/09. Prior to that, the public may make written comment to the Environmental Impact Report that was completed in May. http://ci.santee.ca.us/Index.aspx?page=9&recordid=134&returnURL=%2findex. aspx

I e-mailed Allen Carlisle to ask if public comment may be made by non-Santee residents.

Allen Carlisle
Park & Recreation Manager
Padre Dam MWD
619-258-4762
acarlisle@padre.org

I'll post the answer here (probably Monday) so those of us interested can e-mail or write to Santee City Council.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
Hello Andy: Thanks for the email. I’ve forwarded your email to Sudweeks Development. They are managing a database of “supporters” and will be sending information out soon regarding ways to get involved. We do need supporters specifically on the night of the public hearing at Santee City Hall. Letters and emails to the City are helpful as well.

Thank you again for your interest!

Allen Carlisle

Director of Park and Recreation

Padre Dam Municipal Water District

9310 Fanita Parkway

Santee, CA 92071

619.258.4762 o

619.449.1030 f