Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Anyone had a chance to hear these yet? They are pro audio grade and I was wondering how they compared to the NVS Addictions? They look tight. Going to buy one or the other. Thanks.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Hey Randy-

I had a chance to listen to the first pair of 350s off the production line last week. Unfortunately, we didn't have any Addictions for direct comparison, but I was VERY impressed by the quality and output of sound from the 350.

Skylon went to great lengths to design and manufacturer a speaker system that is specialized for use on a wakeboard tower. Rather than just use off the shelf components (either car audio, or Pro Audio), they designed everything from the enclosure, to the cross-over topography to grills, specifically for this industry. No one has taken that approach before, and the result are speakers that not only sound fantastic, but also offer improved durability and piece of mind.

I don't think you can go wrong with Addictions either, but combining the sound quality, design and looks of the Rubicon 350 makes it pretty tough to beat in my opinion.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-08-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Actually Jason. Have to correct you on your statement. "No one has taken that approach before,"

We have been working on the Wet Sounds line of tower speakers and other yet to be released products for almost 3 years. We have over 65 years of combined experience in the "audio" field.

All of our products are engineered and designed from the ground up by us. From the housings, to the drivers, to the crossovers, to the grills.

We are dedicated only to marine audio. Our PRO 485 and PRO 80 are my personal designs and concepts.

I do not mean to jump on you as I am sure you just didn't know. But I would be very careful about statements on who is "first" and the "only" etc..

Randy,

I have not heard the new Skylon's yet. I am sure they sound nice. I have heard the Addictions and they are loud too.

To throw another option in the mix. Check out our PRO 80. It has an 8 inch mid bass and horn as does the Rubicon 350. The addictions have a 10 inch mid bass and a horn.

I think those 3 would be good speakers for you to listen to.

I recommend listening to everything you are looking at buying first and then decide what is the best option for you.

As many on this site have great opinions and will give you a good place to start and great options to look at.

But also many like Jason and I cannot provide an un biased opinions because of where we work.

So I say listen listen listen.

Tim-Wet Sounds
www.wetsounds.com
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Hey Tim, didn't mean to leave you out of the mix. I have read some reviews on your product and have gotten some feedback for someone who has heard your system and just purchased a pair. What do a pair of your Pro 485's run? I've heard they are all really close in performance. I guess it comes down to what each person thinks looks the best.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Tim, thanks for correcting me! I'll be the first to admit that I'm not as familiar with your product as I would like to be. The audio enthusiast side of me wants to hear how they sound, especially the PRO 80!

I'm excited for more of these products to make it out on the market, so that more boat owners have the opportunity to hear them back to back.

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-09-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason.

Randy,

Randy, No problem. Pair of PRO 80's are $849 and pair of PRO 485 are $1649. We also sell the 485 in singles too. We have had some guys running the "threesome" as a 485 in the center and pair of 80's on the outsides.

Old    ldp            04-09-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
I have a pair of 350s on order. They're supposed to arrive this week. I'll let you know how they sound. Hopefully good. I heard the NVS on several boats at Spring Ride this weekend and they were rockin'. VERY nice. They NVS are a little large and I thought they might take up too much headroom but they sound phenomenal.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-10-2006, 3:05 AM Reply   
Thanks Ryan. Appreciate your input when you get the Rubicons. Unfornately I don't have the opportunity to listen to either. The one dealer around here that carries NVS doesn't have any Addictions.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Ryan-

Unfortunately, Rubicon 350s probably won't be arriving until the end of the month. Sorry to dash your hopes, but that's the latest word from Skylon on when we'll have product (we typically are the first to receive it).

Jason
www.wakeside.com
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-10-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
Jason-

Is that the same date for the 450's as well?
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       04-10-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Is that also when you'll know the weight of them?
Old    ldp            04-10-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Jason, I hope that's not the case but you may be right. They were actually supposed to have arrived today but I called the dealer and they said no dice.