Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    parkswakeboardr            09-05-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Hey does anyone know if there is going to be a Wakeboarding unleashed 2, that would be awsome.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-05-2004, 4:44 PM Reply   
my guess is no, but it would be cool. It would be cool if they added double ups and off axis spins.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-06-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
I think there will be another wakeboarding game but maybe not for a while. I'd actually like to see it take ideas from Tony Hawk's Underground. Things like managing what team to ride for, real competition setups (going to pro tour events), videos from events that year, and tips to improve your wakeboarding.
Old    byerly137pro            09-06-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
The first game does have off-axis spins if you grab and tweak while spinning you go somewhat off-axis, but they should definitely add double ups and more riders other then hyperlite riders, and also different products.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-06-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
in the game, just jumping the wake is unbelievable. imagine a double up in that game.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-06-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
double ups should be in slow motion.

also the boards should be shaped more realistically, unlike the basic wakeboard shape that every wakeboard in the game has. The off axis spinning looks gay, you just spin around grabbing the board the whole time which doesnt really look like offaxis spins.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
They need to make it mroe realy where like you cant spin 15000's so easy... they should make it a lil less fake... THey should make like pro tour stops with two passes and a double up and then they should have an OWC. Also, they deffinetely need more riders and a "create a rider" section would be insane!! They should make like as yuo win competitions you get more money and you can buy nicer baots and gear and stuff... like you know start from teh bottom and work up! It still is an awesome game just the way it is though!

You know what all us wakeboarders should do... we should have like a whole bunch of people email Activision 2 and Shaba Games and tell them to make anotehr one and give them some of our ideas... it might work if theres enough of us.
Old    snoobs            09-07-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
I wonder how many copies they sold of this....my guess would be that it didn't sell enough to even think about a #2. I think it would be kewl to add in a cable park and wakeskating in the game...Choosing your board and more riders would be great. I can't get the code that opens everything working on my xbox. I've tried a million times.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
I'd put my name into that email to Activision too. We should put some of our ideas along with the email.
Old    anim8or            09-07-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Sorry, I work for Activision and I heard no....didn't sell enough copies to make a 2nd one. Too bad, I loved the first game.

At our yearly company 'yard sale' I did manage to score a Belmont 141 autographed by Shaun Murray(I guess they were a promotional thing for that game...the rest of the stuff there was all games and T-Shirts).....for $30!!, brand new still in the celophane. Unbelievable...they had 6 of them that day and they all sold within 10 minutes of me finding out the price (I figured they'd be $200-$300).
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-07-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
too bad.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-07-2004, 1:23 PM Reply   
Chris waters and shinubi, those are really good ideas. Too bad they arnt making a number 2. Im sure another company will make a wakeboarding game in 5-10 years if the sport grows enough.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
Bummer, I had heard it did do better sales than expected though. In fact it was hard to find for a while there. Must have been a pretty good crossover from non wakeboarders.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
ya at our local wallmart they kept selling out constantly i had to wait for about a month or two to get it
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-07-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
I totally agree. There needs to be more reality to next wakeboarding game. No offense, it's an awsome game. Just saying, it would be nice to have like they said pro tour, or OWC. two passes and a dup.
Old    jojomantor            09-07-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
ya and they need to have scott byerly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    lunaraven            09-08-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
It was still a great game all things considered, I still pick it up now and then. For collecting purposes and since I have to ride a train to work everyday I picked up the Game Boy version on Ebay a couple months ago. Its not too bad a game considering the limited power of the game boy.
Someone will likely make a wakeboarding game for the Playstation portable.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-08-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
What games have you guys been playing that have been so real? Surely you cats have played Tony Hawk's pro skater series? I wouldn't exactly call those realistic.

I'd love to see another try at it though. I thought the first one was pretty cheesy myself.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-08-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
NO GAME IS REAL OR REALLISTIC!!! not Madden, not Gran Turismo, not Tony Hawk, not Ghost Recon. Thats why you sit on your coach and play them.

I laugh everytime someone says something like,"oh man, that new Gran Tourismo game is soooooo real."
I raced cars for a couple years, and no, I wasnt successful. But no car racing came close to the real deal.

Its all about "escapism".

I think intelligent game advertiser just say that to make the average Joe, that sits on the coach wishing to be Micheal Shummacher, can think that he is.

It would be cool if, while playing a racing game, you hit a wall and you recieved an actual bill in the mail for damages. Now thats real.

A Tony Hawk Underground version of Wakeboarding Unleashed would rule though!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-08-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
A Tony Hawk Underground Version of Wakeboarding Unleashed would rock.

I think they did an awesome job with the Wakeboarding Unleashed game. I think it could evolve into something totally sick like the Tony Hawk Series, but they need to polish some things.

Some of the tricks were wrong, I would have just liked it to have a more realistic feel. A normal size wake, an open glassy lake, so my driver could drive a straight line, make like an expression session type deal you know. Throw some sliders in and stuff.

A mix of Tony Hawk, Amped, and Wakeboarding Unleashed all rolled into one.

I was stoked when they were talking about the Byerly game for Xbox, but nothing ever came of it.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-08-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Yeah tehre were a few mis-named tricks like they called different rolls flips and flipshtey called rolls... but it was still an awesome game.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-09-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
no such thing as a toeside whirlybird, unless it's a similar trick called a Big Wurm, but a Big Wurm is a fs rotation, whirlybird is backside. I saw them call what looked like a hs roll2blind a tootsie roll. These were only 2 among others. I think a lot of people playing the game didn't pay attention to what way they were coming into the wake.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
I had heard that they were working on a Byerly wake game. Heard this when Unleashed was being developped,. Believe it was only supposed to be released for the xbox. (why I bought it instead of a ps2)

anyone else hear of this?