Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
I take delivery of my boat next week and it will go right to the stereo shop. The talk right now is to use ARC speakers and amps. I dont know much about the line and was hoping for some feedback from anyone. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-08-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Marc,

Arc makes some great amps and speakers. I really like the new Foose stuff. Cool looking amps.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Arc makes really good stuff for the money. I have 3 of their amps and 6 tower speakers now and I've been very happy for one year now. I did have a problem w/one of them (sub amp) but Tom @ Lightning stopped everything he was doing jumped in my boat and replaced it in about 15 minutes. When I asked him about it he said "Arc Audio is the best company to deal with if there is ever a warranty issue".-I was impressed. I have since replaced my (Arc) subs w/a single DD sub but I'm REALLY into bass.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-08-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
I am thinking of 4 tower speakers with 4 interior speakers - a 12" sub with 2 amps. Do you think this will be clear sounding back 60 feet. Thanks for the advice.
Old     (wetsoundspro)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-08-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
marc,

Hearing 60ft back is typically achieved with what you choose for your tower solution. What goes inside the boat can be heard 60 ft away,with the right set up, but as the rider, you won't hear it.

Choosing a set number of tower speakers doesn't necessarily mean projecting 60 ft of output. In fact, I have heard test with 6 6.5" speakers on the tower, and they can project 60 ft back when you are just chillin', but when you ride, it's minimal to nothing. More importantly, when you go outside of the wake, into the flats, you hear nothing.

If I can make a suggestion for your tower speaker, to go along with your Arc gear, look at a HLCD solution, which is Horn Loaded Compression Driver. Yes, I represent a line, wet sounds, but regardless of who you choose, just keep that in mind. With having said that, it's also important to consider a lot of other factors with regards to your tower set up and your entire system. If you are planning on running 3 or more amps, you need to be cognezant of your current draw. Simply put, get speakers that will do the job with as little power needed. Lastly, always consider one or more batteries to add to that equation.

Anyway, good luck on your system. If you need any info on Wet sounds, visit our web site or hit me back.

www.wetsounds.com
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-08-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
Dale,

Hey we all get the fact you sell WetSounds Speakers, enough with the sell job bro.

Marc was asking about Arc amps not what tower speakers he should buy.

If you want to plug your speakers go to www.ebay.com or www.craigslist.org. people go there all day long looking for stuff to buy. They come here for advice not a sales pitch.

Have a NICE day,
Brannon
Old     (wetsoundspro)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-08-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Brannon,

All I was stating to Marc was about HLCD...I did not try and focus on Wet Sounds. I focused on his system. Which is why I stated to check out site if he had questions about our product rather me going into any details about it on this thread. Please read thoroughly before jumping to conclusions.

For the record, our products are sold through retailers, not ebay.

You have NICE day too!

Dale
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-08-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
Sounds good Dale

Yes, I represent a line, wet sounds
If you need any info on Wet sounds, visit our web site or hit me back.

http://www.wetsounds.com/

Your right Dale,
Brannon

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Marc,

I don't typically shop speakers by name brand. Even Radio Shack has produced an audiophile grade speaker (minimus 7), if you get my point.

Which Arc products?

I have been using Tripath amplifiers in my boats for the past 3 years. They are a different animal but once you get adjusted to thier sometimes quirky operation you can benefit from having a significantly more efficient amp that runs much cooler than class A/B amps. The Arc Audio 1500XXK is a tripath amp. I don't have any personal experience with the amp but I would expect it to perform very well in a boat install. Arc also makes Class A/B and Class D amps, it makes a big difference depending on which model you are considering.
Old     (norcal72)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-09-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I am quickly finding out that there is no right and wrong answer to this crazy business of Boat audio. Lots of products and lots of opinions. I guess the best method is to listen to various products and find what sounds good to me. Thanks again for the advice.