Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-03-2015, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKSPEED View Post
Not a huge deal I was just at our local river. I went from not working to kinda working and back to not working. Messing with it again now. Just found out I'm also missing parts to use my bimini top. That's great because it's 110 degrees and I got about 6 kids with me...
YOU'LL GET THERE DUDE..... Stay the course...
This thread will have helped out many when you are done.... At your Expense...but still
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-04-2015, 6:06 AM Reply   
One thing is for sure they certainly named the boat correctly.
Old     (oakasrtheshiz)      Join Date: Jan 2015       07-04-2015, 2:59 PM Reply   
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mercruiser+vessel+view+manual
Old     (lacofdfireman)      Join Date: Aug 2014       07-05-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
I bought my Axis A24 site unseen for over $60k used. I had a great experience though minus the shipping. Never ship a boat with UShip. That was a disaster. At least mine was. And I went with a more expensive shipper because of his incredible boat shipping feedback. Lesson learned. Got to the point I called the shipper and told him not to drive another mile because I was on my way with my truck to pick it up.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-06-2015, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
I bought my Axis A24 site unseen for over $60k used. I had a great experience though minus the shipping. Never ship a boat with UShip. That was a disaster. At least mine was. And I went with a more expensive shipper because of his incredible boat shipping feedback. Lesson learned. Got to the point I called the shipper and told him not to drive another mile because I was on my way with my truck to pick it up.
Can you share more about what happened with your shipper? Maybe a separate thread - seems more and more people on this board are shipping boats and it would be good to hear.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-06-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
Just got back from Lake LBJ.... Been missing this thread...

I do find it ironic that you got your boat working, then broke it yourself, and now are asking for help from the people who could help you and that you have been bashing on for the last 3 weeks... Good luck with that...

Lance MOUNTAIN
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-06-2015, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
Yes, would like to hear. have used uShip 5-6 times for shipping the MB to me from California and haven't had any really bad experiences.
Old     (SICKSPEED)      Join Date: May 2015       07-06-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
LanceM.
First off you were never any help in the first place. Second I havent "bashed" anyone.
Second off the Vellelview7 went from not working to partially working (because of me), back to not working (again because of me maybe). So its not like I had anything to lose by trying to get it going right.
I find it VERY HARD TO BELIEVE that restoring factory settings should put Vesselview7 into an infinite restart loop with no way out. I have restored many electronic devices in my day to factory settings and I have yet to see this sort of nonsense.
Let me just say that Vesselview7 is WAY OVERLY COMPLICATED for a wake boat and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT.

If you had an ocean freighter it would probably be the way to go...
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-06-2015, 11:51 AM Reply   
I was never any help because of you and you alone... Still haven't seen one pix of "damage".... Yet I have asked what, 4 times now?

Now you complain about mistakes you have made, resetting to factory settings, and how its SOOO complicated, yet even others have told you that you shouldn't have done it...

Now you bash me for pointing out all your CONTINUED mistakes... You are a piece of work dude... You just get in the way of your own success...

And you have bashed on me as I have bashed on you... But I don't come here and say "I haven't bashed anyone".....

LanceM
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-06-2015, 11:55 AM Reply   
Basically, you are the KING of poor choices...
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-06-2015, 12:18 PM Reply   
I think it is better if Lance M stays on lake LBJ and he can keep his epic goggles on out there lol.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-06-2015, 2:27 PM Reply   
Yeah... epic goggles... that makes sense when you have nothing else bad to say....

JJ thinks its his phone, and not a 60k boat... How many times have I reset my 2009 to factory defaults, oh snap... ZERO... Why because I know that it will reset to merc and not epic...

You want to know how easy the system is JJ? I press 2 buttons and Im in cruise... I press 2 buttons and Im not... So yeah, man up and take some responsibility once, or instead, throw dirt on me for pointing out "another" poor choice...

LanceM
Old     (SICKSPEED)      Join Date: May 2015       07-06-2015, 2:48 PM Reply   
LanceM, again you`re bashing people.
You have nothing intelligent to add here so kick rocks. Or maybe go try to find some real life friends and stop trolling others on Wakeworld.
Btw this thread is NOT for your benefit, so forgive me if I dont respond to your every beck and call. I`m not on your time buddy.
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-06-2015, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
JJ thinks its his phone, and not a 60k boat... How many times have I reset my 2009 to factory defaults, oh snap... ZERO... Why because I know that it will reset to merc and not epic...

You want to know how easy the system is JJ? I press 2 buttons and Im in cruise... I press 2 buttons and Im not... So yeah, man up and take some responsibility once, or instead, throw dirt on me for pointing out "another" poor choice...

LanceM
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-06-2015, 4:09 PM Reply   
**subscribed** lol
Old     (dirtrider)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
Old     (SICKSPEED)      Join Date: May 2015       07-06-2015, 4:56 PM Reply   
UPDATE- DAY 46
The replacement center ballast valve has been shipped in by Epic to the repair shop. This part got here fast. Dons will be installing this part this week.
Over the weekend we tried using the boat but no gauges would function. No speedo, no depth finder, etc. Trying to salvage my vacation we took the boat out anyway. It was almost impossible to surf behind with no speedometer and no way to know where the trim tabs were (up or down) and no way to know how full the ballast tanks were. We did what we could with what we had.
Unfortunately with no depth finder in the boat we hit a rock and messed up the prop pretty bad. I new one is $575 for one of these boats. More fun.
I sent an email to Chris asking for the rest of the parts so I can use my bimini top and the fire extinguisher that was supposed to come with the boat. At this point I dont have any clear confirmation if I`m getting the parts or not. I will probably just order them myself to get them here asap. I cant wait any longer to get this thing together. So far I have paid for everything out of my pocket up front (other than the parts that Epic sent to me). So whats a few more things at this point.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2015, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:

Unfortunately with no depth finder in the boat we hit a rock and messed up the prop pretty bad. I new one is $575 for one of these boats. More fun.

Rocks are not generally related to depth, FYI.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-06-2015, 6:22 PM Reply   
A depth gauge won't find the rocks for you. That's what your prop is for. Sounds like it's done it's job.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2015, 6:39 PM Reply   
On a side note, is it your company that makes the large spiked lugnuts and miscellaneous shift knobs for tuner cars...?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2015, 7:20 PM Reply   
If it is:
This is all painfully ironic, buying a mislabeled product on eBay and all.

Last edited by simplej; 07-06-2015 at 7:23 PM.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-06-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
Wow!! If you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any at all. SMH...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-06-2015, 9:18 PM Reply   
I've lurked long enough.....

And 6 pages later my take on this whole thing (most of which has already been said):

TAL sucks something fierce, and it appears they always have, red flag one. The boat appears to have been in great "new" shape from their photos. The damage you speak of doesn't appear to exist in the in their show-room photos. It very clearly states it has a full warranty in one sentence, that sentence unfortunately appears to be started with " ** " .... and below it says
Quote:
DEALER makes no representations, expressed or implied, to any actual or prospective purchaser or owner of this vehicle as to the existence, ownership, accuracy, description or condition of the listed vehicle's equipment, accessories, price, specials or any warranties.
That would be big red flag #2. I would have asked for something in writing outlining the terms of the "Warranty" the boat had. Anyways, too late, you sent cash. Next is the order of shipping; again with a TAL employee. My guess is this wasn't done via the TAL business umbrella. It sounds like they pulled some dude out of the shop and asked if he wanted a road trip.... I would have expected this to be communicated to you before they left and would require some level of authorization. If it didn't red flag three. The boat arrived and you took delivery, I would guess there was something that had to be signed showing it was delivered (even though you claim to have signed nothing, which seems absurd). By you accepting the delivery that day, you now own that boat and its problems. I feel the delivery should have been to a boat dealer able to inspect everything.... this would have shed light on the issues before the TAL driver left. All problems should have been documented and recorded that day, right after arrival.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPIC appears to be trying to help. I have never owned one, but have been in them, and thought they were great boats. It appears you're getting responses and feedback, for issues that should be on the horse-turd excuse for a dealer. Now, since they're an "Authorized dealer", yeah, I think Epic has some skin in the game. Most of the physical damage sounds to be from shipping (still waiting for photos of it all ... tic, toc, tic, toc)... I would not expect Epic to cover those items unless they were going to go WAY above and beyond. The old ECM is ****ty, and seems like a mistake on their part to make things right.... it seems like where you are at now is where it should have started ... a mutually agreed upon dealer in your area. 3rd part who can diagnose, repair, and advise on the situation. A full scan and list of what may need to be done. I would expect this to be covered by Epic. Once the scan's results can be looked over it should be very easy to figure out what seems to be an OEM/Dealer problem (Epic's responsibility) and what was shipping / non-warranty items (JJ's responsibility). From there it would be easy to proceed with getting the appropriate fixes in place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJ you have blame in this too, like it or not. $60k without seeing, or paying someone to look tings over, even if you believed it to be 100% is foolish (unless you're Bill Gates rich). Furthermore authorizing shipping the way it was proposed in hind-sight seems poor... at least without having documented damage of the arrival state (tic toc for those photos). After getting a beat up, non-working new boat and allowing the driver to leave without it was a mistake. Now that things are "working" you make note you have no clue how to use the systems in the boat and managed to trash a prop in the first outing. This plus the fact you believed it to be a "MasterCraft" despite you saying you did research and found no mention that EPIC and MASTERCRAFT were related.... that should tell you everything you need to know!

This whole thing is really just a cluster.... at the end of the day, I think the biggest problem was TAL - they seem like little ****s and somehow get away with it. Epic is trying to dig out of the hole TAL left them, and at this point, with ZERO PROOF OF THE DAMAGES, JJ seems to be a really bad consumer and is a hell of a lot looser with $60k than I would ever be.

I hope it all works out - you get a fully functioning boat, Epic doesn't get too abused for their involvement (which at this point seems to have been all positive besides the ECU, and TAL burns to the ground and somehow insurance won't cover it.,

SHOW ME SOME DANG DAMAGE PHOTOS PLEASE!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-07-2015, 3:58 AM Reply   
^ and it appears he was nabbed and did time for selling fake consumer goods (airbags) via misrepresentation on eBay. Ergo you would think he would know better than to buy a mislabeled item on eBay for 60k.
Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       07-07-2015, 4:42 AM Reply   
Wow, this thread just keeps on giving.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
http://www.justice.gov/usao-edwa/pr/...-airbags-e-bay

Oh Snap...
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-07-2015, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I now do not feel bad about any criticism I delivered him over his making a $h1T deal...

Karma?

Anyway, it sounds like it's getting resolved - although the whole communication stream from his current mechanic -> JJ -> Epic sounds like an epic cluster. How did the mechanic communicate the wrong engine model - how did Epic not know what engine they put in their boat with HIN# XXXXXXX that was less than 2 years off the production line so they could quickly and efficiently send an ECM/communicate with Merc to send the proper ECM?

Some people are detail oriented, others aren't...

BTW JJ, before perfect pass and touch screens there were manual throttle and speedos. Use a phone App to determine GPS speed and exercise your throttle arm - we surf all the time with inaccurate speedos and no cruise control.

Now the boat runs and the owner doesn't like it and is mad about that fact and the mercruiser interface. Test drive anyone?

Last edited by wakebordr11; 07-07-2015 at 6:43 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-07-2015, 6:43 AM Reply   
oh man, Lon's got NOTHING on this guy!

depth finder didn't notify him of rocks!
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-07-2015, 6:44 AM Reply   
I was on this guys side but the more he talks the bigger of an idiot he sounds. And now his conviction for fraud surfaces. Too funny. Damn lance m was right.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2015, 6:59 AM Reply   
Lance M for President!
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-07-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
the exact moment when this thread just did a 180... nice find Chatt.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2015, 7:11 AM Reply   
OMG did I call this one right...

JJ you have stunk like a skunk since your first post... Smells like a skunk, makes skunkish decisions, sprays skunk skank everywhere and on everyone ----- MUST BE A SKUNK...

I figured if I waited long enough you would manage to step in your own dodo... And WOW!!! better than I had hoped...

KING OF POOR CHOICES

Prop, that was Karma getting ya before ya have to give the boat to the US Govt... lol....

LANCE MOUNTAIN!
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-07-2015, 7:21 AM Reply   
Wow....
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 7:27 AM Reply   
Now I will say this, I think TAL still totally dropped the ball here, and Epic probably could have done more.

However, if JJ is the same guy who sold knockoff airbags on ebay or elsewhere (and we don't know that for sure), which wound up in unsuspecting consumers' vehicles, it's pretty dang hard to feel sorry for JJ in this situation...

Last edited by chattwake; 07-07-2015 at 7:50 AM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-07-2015, 7:32 AM Reply   
^ my thoughts exactly when I started connecting the dots
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-07-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
However, if JJ is the same guy who sold knockoff airbags on ebay or elsewhere (and we don't know that for sure), which wound up in unsuspecting consumers' vehicles, it's pretty dang hard to feel sorry for JJ in this situation...
Makes me really wonder if this whole thing is some big ass scam he is pulling. If that is in fact him, he has done it before .... maybe figured get a decent price on a boat, cry wolf with a load of problems (possibly all self inflicted) and hope for insurance money / discount on the boat. Seems like it would be easy enough to get your shop "help" your boat look more broken than it is.... shop gets paid for work they don't have to do, owner gets a possible refund.

.... things are getting good now!

I wonder how much the final invoice for the boat actually was, maybe darn close to :
Quote:
Jordan agreed to forfeit $57,063 that the United States previously seized from his bank accounts
.... not sure if there is a scam there in some way, but that number looks to be really darn close to $60k - shipping

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 07-07-2015 at 8:24 AM.
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-07-2015, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I've lurked long enough.....

And 6 pages later my take on this whole thing (most of which has already been said):

TAL sucks something fierce, and it appears they always have, red flag one. [...]
This was exactly my point, too! I thought maybe I was being hard on JJ, because he did get a raw deal - even if it was partially his fault... but as I see sidekicknicholas' words, I'm like "Yeah - exactly!!"

There is a whole lot of problems here - enough that everyone can take some of the blame. There were many ways to do this right and multiple people decided to not do it right, including Epic and JJ - even though the bulk of the problems were either created by or at least hidden by TAL... The blame goes all the way around.

But all of this is now in a completely different light... I always thought it was shady that JJ didn't sign anything. Even when he thought we has buying a perfect Mastercraft Epic, he didn't sign anything. But now I know why... JJ's a crook. He has been convicted of being a crook, served time for being a crook, paid fines for being a crook...

I just want to know, if someone who bought one of your counterfeit airbags had it explode in their face... would you fly a doctor and mechanic out to them to make it right? Would you be the hero for these people the way you want Epic to be for you? There are multiple differences between the boat situation and the counterfeit airbags... one is a HUGE difference: There is no proof that Epic knew there were problems with the boat when it was sold while there is proof that JJ knew he was selling counterfeit air bags. At the very least, he know when he was even notified by the feds that they knew... and he still continued... This doesn't sound like someone who would turn their life around after 2 years following the conviction. It sounds more like antisocial personality disorder.
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
Just got back from Lake LBJ.... Been missing this thread...

I do find it ironic that you got your boat working, then broke it yourself, and now are asking for help from the people who could help you and that you have been bashing on for the last 3 weeks... Good luck with that...

Lance MOUNTAIN
Wow, you are a douche.
Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       07-07-2015, 9:09 AM Reply   
Well that will probably be the end of JJ posting here. Shame as I was enjoying this thread. Up to now, an absolute classic.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 9:10 AM Reply   
BEST THREAD EVER !!! LON doesn't hold a candle now. TELL ME this is not the same dude. And if any of you know me, I WAS an EPIC guy, had two of them, and NEVER AGAIN would I buy one. Lots of bad people there. Although sounds like they got rid of the worst of them....that GARY dude.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-07-2015, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
OMG did I call this one right...

JJ you have stunk like a skunk since your first post... Smells like a skunk, makes skunkish decisions, sprays skunk skank everywhere and on everyone ----- MUST BE A SKUNK...

I figured if I waited long enough you would manage to step in your own dodo... And WOW!!! better than I had hoped...

KING OF POOR CHOICES

Prop, that was Karma getting ya before ya have to give the boat to the US Govt... lol....

LANCE MOUNTAIN!
After your performance in this thread, you don't smell so good either.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
Chat bust's out the Legal Papers!!!!! DAMMMMM

This thread when from EPIC FAIL to EPIC KARMA Scammer get's Scammed.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-07-2015, 9:31 AM Reply   
JJ - Hitting a rock is your own fault. Even if everything is working as it should, it would not prevent you from hitting a rock.

Lance M - For the last time JJ bought a "new" boat from an authorized dealer. As a business owner I purchase a lot of "new" equipment from authorized dealers unseen that is worth much more then 60k. I would be fuming if this crap happened to me. If this boat was "sold" as repo boat this would be on JJ, but it was sold as new. I am looking at this if I was in this situation. As I said before our business purchases cars for our sales force a thousand miles away from different VW dealers unseen (we love TDI's). Authorized dealers should be honest and backed by the manufacture. We have never had an issue and never should! If this was bought privately its a whole different situation and I would say it is JJ fault. "New" is "New" period! This should be TAL's issue, but seeing how they are a sketchy dealer it drags Epic into this mess. Epic made them a dealer and should make this right. Lesson learned. I can't stand when people say you should have went and looked at it first! Seriously? Its brand "new", you shouldn't have too! I buy products all the time over the internet unseen. This situation is crappy for JJ and Epic. They both loose on this and some how TAL walks away with the money. JJ should next time look for a boat manufacture that has a dealer closer by. Even new boats sold in good faith (Not what TAL did) can have minor issues that need to be fixed and it is good to have a dealer close by for this reason. If JJ is a fraud then I hope it is egg in his face and karma is....you know what. But Epic did admit to the boat being a repo. I agree that not signing anything upon receiving the boat does seem fishy.
Old     (SICKSPEED)      Join Date: May 2015       07-07-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Wow. How far off course can we take this thread? I thought this was Wakeworld?

First let me tell you that you cant believe everything you read online. If you`ve ever been the subject to the press, you might know how greatly they exaggerate any "facts" they are able to find.
That said,years ago I made some mistakes and did up on the wrong side of the law. I`m not here to make excuses. Im human just like all of you. Bully me if you like, judge me for my past, but I already paid a high price for my involvement and settled my debt to society. I have moved on. I`m older, wiser and I`m not that same person I used to be.
If you really knew anything about me you would know that I`m a kind and generous man with a family that is the center of my world. Two well behaved little boys and a beautiful and caring wife whos heart breaks when people dredge up my past on the internet.
That said, lets try to have a little tact and keep any personal attacks down to a minimum. I`m here to share my experience in regards to boating. I have nothing more to say about my personal life.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-07-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. How far off course can we take this thread? I thought this was Wakeworld?

Clearly, you don't spend a lot of time here.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 10:16 AM Reply   
I think one thing we can all agree on here is that it's a good thing wakeboard boats don't have airbags.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 10:31 AM Reply   
I think selling fake safety devices (JJ) is worse than selling a shady boat (TAL) or providing crappy service (EPIC)

I hope JJ's boat ends up at the bottom of a lake. There is no "I already paid a high price for my involvement and settled my debt to society" when you put that many lives at risk. And I doubt that every fake airbag you sold got removed from the vehicles they were installed in...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 10:32 AM Reply   
JJ -

Number one: Regardless of your past, the situation stinks and you deserved to receive the boat as advertised. It certainly appears that you were taken advantage of by a super sketchy dealership. It certainly appears that Epic has not done all that it could do to make your situation better, and that Epic committed a huge mistake when it signed on a shady auto liquidator as a dealership.

Number two: This is wakeworld. It is perhaps the most ruthless, unforgiving, juvenile and entertaining forum I have ever encountered. Wakeworld is notorious on all other wakeboat/wakeboarding forums. If you come on here and expect to be blindly supported, and not to get harassed, criticized and poked fun at, you are in the wrong place. Everyone here has an agenda. Some people want to support anyone that get screwed over by a dealer or manufacturer. Some people want particular brands to look good and others to look bad. Some people just want to stir the pot and create controversy. Some people just lurk in hopes of the next boat bun thread.

Number three: While the fact that you may or may not have sold knockoff Chinese airbags to a bunch of people, and potentially placed many lives at risk, is totally irrelevant from a factual standpoint, the reality is that for those of us who believe in Karma and the theory that what goes around comes around, this situation, taken in context, now makes much more sense. Does it make what's happening to you fair or legal? No. However, I must admit, I now just can't feel sorry for you anymore. Yes, I hope all of this works out, but only so that some faith of mine in Epic as a company is restored.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
Well said CHATT.... now where is that BB thread????? hahahahahahahahaha
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
How has my "performance" in this thread done anything but led to the truth finally coming out? If I hadnt created the "interest" in this thread, some of you guys would still be pounding Epic for this instead of TAL and supporting JJ as a victim.

Derik - Why call me out for saying "new is new"? I dont doubt that he was under the impression he was buying a "new" boat.... Not once have I expressed otherwise... Dude believed it was a Mastercraft Epic lol, but whatever...

Peppers and DBC - All I have done is say JJ is the king of poor choices by continuing to point out his mistakes... That makes me a douche? wow... ok!

I DO care what I'm thought of after this thread... I tried to help in the beginning, as everyone was... We still have NO proof of any of the damages JJ has claimed. Do we have ONE single picture of this boat damaged? GIVE ME A PIX OF THIS DAMAGED BOAT! (5th request)

JJ- Listen, you and I prob arent going to be friends... Not a secret to anyone... I go to work everyday, pay my bills, have a family, and generally make good choices... Like he said, he has paid for his crimes, if you took the time to read the link, you can see this was all in 2013, and having to serve 31 months in prison aint the easiest thing in the world. You might have gotten out even earlier since you are here and the math doesnt add up. Regardless, your past does reflect who you could be. What Ive learned in my time on earth is that people dont change. You are who you are. That being said, I hope you have changed and prove me wrong. You have paid for your crime.

So here we are...

Yes Epic, you could have been a little bit better (with the facts we know) at handling this. Yes, you could have been the superstar of the forums and made me proud to be an "Epic Fanboy". TAL, you suck and I believe this is ALL on you and your ebay scams (how ironic it is that an ebay scammer got scammed on ebay).

JJ, good luck getting your boat fixed and may your karma be reversed. Get the prop fixed and dont reset the computer, ever. Epic owners are proud people, and maybe one day you can be proud of your boat as well.

Keep us updated... And I promise to lay off...

LanceM
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-07-2015, 10:47 AM Reply   
I think I am going to recommend this thread to my wife instead of realty tv......... this has much better plot twists.......
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
I think it was a good read... It had buildup, that's for sure... lol

Is it close to being over?

LanceM
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Damn. Getting a little crowded in there.
Attached Images

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-07-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
What I have learned from this thread

• Don’t buy from Texas Auto Liquidators
• Don’t buy an Epic
• Don’t buy air bags on line
• I’m not sure how we had so much fun and stayed off the rocks all those years when I didn’t have a depth finder, ballast gauges, or perfect pass. Frankly we’re lucky to be alive.
• I have a Supreme but also have a Mastercraft T-shirt. If I wear my Mastercraft T-shirt on my Supreme, is it then a Mastercraft Supreme? This could help with resale value.
• Opinions are like a**holes…
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2015, 11:19 AM Reply   
Darrin. Get yourself a Nautique T-shirt, because I'm pretty sure you have a Nautique Supreme at this point. Hahaha
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2015, 11:19 AM Reply   
The agency said the sale of counterfeit bags as replacement parts is a problem because counterfeit airbags look real but they have consistently malfunctioned during testing. The agency cited one test that found 10 out of 11 counterfeit bags — which had the insignia of major automakers — had deployed improperly. In some cases, airbags failed to deploy properly or did not deploy at all. In one case the airbag shot flames and metal parts into a crash test dummy.

Wow!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-07-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
Chatt - that's right I forgot. I'm ordering one right now and changing the name to the G226. Just went up like 50K in value.
Old    Paxdad            07-07-2015, 11:36 AM Reply   
Hey team I am just now starting to read up from the latest post. Can someone give the cliff notes version of the situation as i was getting ready to go over to Texas Auto Liquidators and look at a G23 that is being promoted as immaculate condition and just traded in on a new Epic.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2015, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
if you took the time to read the link, you can see this was all in 2013, and having to serve 31 months in prison aint the easiest thing in the world. You might have gotten out even earlier since you are here and the math doesnt add up.
lets see??? 2013+ 31 months should be 2-1/2 years so by My math he should still be locked up I hope he is not posting from Prison,

BTW JJ was this one of your Airbags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3DTXIlCDg
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-07-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
Hey team I am just now starting to read up from the latest post. Can someone give the cliff notes version of the situation as i was getting ready to go over to Texas Auto Liquidators and look at a G23 that is being promoted as immaculate condition and just traded in on a new Epic.
Here you go,

TAL sucks
JJ is getting screwed but sold bad airbags and doesn't have much boating experience so his character is in question.
Epic is kind of helping at a be ready by Christmas pace
Lance wants pics.
I am now the proud owner of a Supreme G226.

Good Luck.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
Love the comment.... In Russia, airbags test you!

LanceM
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-07-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post

If you're going to look at it in person you have nothing to worry about. Just take lotttttts of pictures
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-07-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
4th poop of the day and this read makes it so worth the agony I am in right now
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-07-2015, 12:31 PM Reply   
Oh ****, plot twist ....

What is TAL bought a bunch of JJ's airbags for their body shop, found out later they were swindled and declared war. They get JJ locked up, and then wait, playing the long con. They catch wind of his boat shopping by tracking is web-browsing, then offer a deal too good to be true. Then, maybe someone from Epic was injured due to these airbags and get them in on it. They play the helpless dealer who eventually accepts the deal that "busts their balls" and agree to sell the boat. The whole time Epic has custom made a lemon boat on purpose. ..... they arrange for the worst driver to ship it and give it no mercy on the road. After delivery Epic and TAL work together to drag out the process and suck the life from JJ one bad ECM at a time. Just when JJ thinks his boat is working, BAM! They put rocks in front of him!!!!! Gotcha sucker. From there more bad parts, yada yada yada, extra screwing around, etc etc etc .... and soon the long con will be capped off with replacing his seat cushions with the airbags like in that Russian video .... then one day sends JJ and his friends shooting out of the boat in an EPIC fashion.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-07-2015, 12:43 PM Reply   
Hahaha this is getting so good!! I'm so addicted to this thread!!!

Chatt- legal papers were the #gamechanger!

Nick- plot twist on point!

Last edited by brett33; 07-07-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2015, 12:53 PM Reply   
Nick; pure internet GOLD. Nick I think you missed your calling, Your screen play is one of the best movie pitches ever and would make the most EPIC Movie ever. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard when you mentioned EPIC installing Russian style air bags into JJs seats as some sort of parting gift last seen of the movie. You got to work into the movie that resetting the factory settings somehow triggers the Blow you out of your seat airbags. LOL LOL LOL
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-07-2015, 1:04 PM Reply   
This shizz is unreal !!! I'm having a hard time feeling sympathetic for JJ now. I'm sorry but in my experience a tiger doesn't change his stripes !!!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-07-2015, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:

Peppers and DBC - All I have done is say JJ is the king of poor choices by continuing to point out his mistakes... That makes me a douche? wow...

LanceM
Take a deep breath, Lance. I didn't call you a douche. I simply said you don't smell so good.

Old     (SICKSPEED)      Join Date: May 2015       07-07-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
Again Im not here to argue over events from 4 years ago. You all know far less about me and my past than you think you do. What you have read is littered with misinformation, assumptions and poorly drawn conclusions. I`m leaving it at that.
As for the boat, I`m not looking for sympathy.
I guess some of you think I deserve for every event of the rest of my life to be effed up even though you never heard my side of the story. Cool. Its the internet and people are like that. I get it.
I`m trying to post about what has gone on so that others will know what can happen when you buy a new boat from an authorized dealer. If everyone is just going to bash me I can just abandon the thread now, but I`m hoping there are a few people that still care about how the situation works out in regards to both repairs and litigation so I can continue to inform any interested parties.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2015, 2:23 PM Reply   
Jason, you are out of jail obviously... And the time you were suppose to serve does not add up... Did you get acquitted? You say you have a side of the story, but the court found you guilty? While we all would agree that the courts are not exactly 100% infallible, maybe some information as to your side of the story would be helpful.

I am interested in how this works out, so count me in as an interested party...

And cmon, you have to expect some shi* about what happened to you after this book long thread... Suck it up and plow on, get your boat fixed...

LanceM
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
^^^^^ yup... me too
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-07-2015, 2:48 PM Reply   
Still want pics of this "damaged" boat...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-07-2015, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
What I have learned from this thread

• Don’t buy from Texas Auto Liquidators
• Don’t buy an Epic
• Don’t buy air bags on line
• I’m not sure how we had so much fun and stayed off the rocks all those years when I didn’t have a depth finder, ballast gauges, or perfect pass. Frankly we’re lucky to be alive.
• I have a Supreme but also have a Mastercraft T-shirt. If I wear my Mastercraft T-shirt on my Supreme, is it then a Mastercraft Supreme? This could help with resale value.
• Opinions are like a**holes…
OMG, this thread delivers!!!!!!!!! Definitely WW GOLD!!!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
This could be the best thread in the history of boating forums...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-07-2015, 4:48 PM Reply   
This is good for sure but I am not sure anything could possibly beat RyanXstar or Lon.... This is definitely right there in the top 5, but come on... Give RyanXstar the credit he is due... Ha ha... maybe I just have inflated memories of those days back in 07'.

I have been on here for years from the old days of watching Chris Anthony (EPIC) building his boat in his driveway. Hurt for him a bit on this thread, but if it his issue and he did not resolve, it would be a shame on him. I am sure he is feeling a bit vindicated now with the recent events, but regardless hopefully he helps this guy out with any issues that may be an Epic issue. Regardless the complainant has lost some street credibility
Old     (Afun)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-07-2015, 6:34 PM Reply   
It's like Vegas over here. I use to really like Lance Mountain....but not anymore!!
Old     (brodee42)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-07-2015, 9:25 PM Reply   
Damn.........don't read this thread for one day and look what happens!!

BEST THREAD EVER!!!
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-07-2015, 9:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
JJ -

Number one: Regardless of your past, the situation stinks and you deserved to receive the boat as advertised. It certainly appears that you were taken advantage of by a super sketchy dealership. It certainly appears that Epic has not done all that it could do to make your situation better, and that Epic committed a huge mistake when it signed on a shady auto liquidator as a dealership.

Number two: This is wakeworld. It is perhaps the most ruthless, unforgiving, juvenile and entertaining forum I have ever encountered. Wakeworld is notorious on all other wakeboat/wakeboarding forums. If you come on here and expect to be blindly supported, and not to get harassed, criticized and poked fun at, you are in the wrong place. Everyone here has an agenda. Some people want to support anyone that get screwed over by a dealer or manufacturer. Some people want particular brands to look good and others to look bad. Some people just want to stir the pot and create controversy. Some people just lurk in hopes of the next boat bun thread.

Number three: While the fact that you may or may not have sold knockoff Chinese airbags to a bunch of people, and potentially placed many lives at risk, is totally irrelevant from a factual standpoint, the reality is that for those of us who believe in Karma and the theory that what goes around comes around, this situation, taken in context, now makes much more sense. Does it make what's happening to you fair or legal? No. However, I must admit, I now just can't feel sorry for you anymore. Yes, I hope all of this works out, but only so that some faith of mine in Epic as a company is restored.
Agreed. However, this forum does not hold a candle to many of the others I am a member of. Car Audio and the LS1gto.com forums are far and away more juvenile, aggressive and give little sympathy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2015, 12:11 AM Reply   
Glad I picked JJ as an odd character with wobbly moral compass from the first post. The radar still works.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-08-2015, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaadLS1 View Post
Agreed. However, this forum does not hold a candle to many of the others I am a member of. Car Audio and the LS1gto.com forums are far and away more juvenile, aggressive and give little sympathy.

Yea this is like heaven compared to some car forums (see vwvortex and NASIOC for maximum brutality)