Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Early March, made an appointment 3 weeks in advance. The phone call didn't help much, damage already done. Neither did the fact that it was always in my head that I would probably have to go through the crap again if I needed service. Not much fun. A GOOD DEALER IS IMPORTANT.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 11, 2007)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-11-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
Jon, that has got to be the most retarded "what if" I've ever heard. Why bring in a third party that is not even in the equation? It has absolutely ZERO relevance to the discussion at hand. Stay focused and realize that Pat is dealing with a reputable dealer and one with less of a track record. The rest of us are here discussing two very comparable boats & looking for something that might hinge a decision, dealer is a huge part of that.

I can't add anything here that hasn't already been said, I love both boats. The SAN smoke thing is common, I believe its condensation that gets built up in the exhaust pipes when the boat is at idle. You take off & it blows it all out. Not something to worry about. Go with your gut and make the right decision for you & your family. Congrats! You are boat shopping the right way, its good to see.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-11-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
make sure you sit on the back of each boat with a beer and see which one feels right.

also, do this in the captains chair, mabye the bow too :-)
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
LOL good point about the BEER.
One problem though, the weather is bad now, snowing, so the process is on hold for nicer days ahead.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-12-2007, 12:01 AM Reply   
If it were any boat but a 210, i would say get the X1.. the x1 is one of my favorite boats out there. But the 210 (pre 07.. the jury is still out on those) is top in the industry IMO.. Im an MB owner, and completely unbiased in my OPINION.. You cannot, repeat cannot, go wrong with either boat.. Both are proven incredible hulls and proven incredible manufacturers.. The 210 will take less added wake for the competitive boarder, yet you get an upgraded 375hp engine.. The upside to the x1 is that its an 07 compared to an 06.. Similar prices, i would take the 210. but once again, its just another guys opinion
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
SAN's have also shown to have better resale prices when you do decide to get rid of your baby
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-12-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
Kyle,

Better than an X1/X-Star/X2?
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. So the family has all been talking for a few days now and it looks like the SAN 210 is the direction we are leaning.
One more look at them both as soon as we get a nice day, to make sure.
Thanks everyone, all of your views were helpful to us!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-12-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
FWIW - the 310 is a better motor for the X-1 than the MCX for most applications. The MCX has a higher hp at higher rpm. Down low, the 310 works great and works with the 205V hull very well. I did the background and ordered the 310 even though I was ready to spring for the MCX.

I'll have a complete prop report a few weeks after taking delivery.
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
Why would the 310 be better than the MCX. Many here have said to get the MCX?
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-13-2007, 12:02 AM Reply   
I believe the higher torque power comes at a higher rpm in the MCX. I have heard that the 310 has better low end torque.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-13-2007, 4:45 AM Reply   
When we used that boat on the tour back in the day we ran the 310. I am just a huge fan of the MCX.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-13-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
Both are great engines, the 310 might save a little on gas, if you could even tell, but that is all, IMO. After having a carb engine in my last boat for 7+ years, I have not regretted upgrading to the MCX...
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-13-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Is the 310 carb? I always assumed it was fuel injected.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-13-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
The newer 310's are
fi...not carb
Old     (ronskal)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-13-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
All MasterCraft boats have had fuel injection since the early to mid 90's.

Early on it was throttle body FI, then they went to the multi-port. I cannot remember when this happened.

I have followed this thread and my view is you cannot go wrong. My last boat purchase came down to these two and it really was tough. The 210 with the ZR6 does sound sweet.

Good Luck!
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Well everyone We picked the SAN 210. It was a very tough decision for us, as we thought the two boats were pretty equal. Much of what was said here was a large help. We still have a few questions. What prop should we get on it, I know the 07 X1 comes with the performance prop for slower speeds, does the SAN 210?
Also what it with the JP Powers ratings, I know the SAN was rated a the top, but the MC didn't do so well. Are those ratings accurate? thanks Pat
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Congrats on the 210. Either boat is a great choice.
As for your prop question, is there one on the SAN already? If so, figure out what it is so people can tell you if you'll want to re-prop. Your dealer might also know and you can always contact the prop companies direct.
Congrats again...and happy booting...that's what the 210 wake will do!
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'm fairly certain the TEAM 210's come with the Acme 645 13.25x16 prop which is reported as a very good prop for wakeboarding use. The non-Team 210's (such as the Limited) come with the Acme 381 13.5x17.5.

PlanetNautique has quite a bit of info on CC props if you're interested in other alternatives, but the Acme 645 should work well if that's what you have.

Oh, and regarding your choice. You have chosen.... wisely.
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
We will post pics when we pick her up!
Thanks again everyone.