Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (pmpstress2)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-11-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
I tore my ACL last year and had the surgery in September so this year I decided to get more into wakeskating. I'm looking to buy a wakeskate and have no idea what kind to buy. I have wakeskated in the past but always ended up back on my wakeboard. Any suggestions???

I'm 5'3" 130lbs (average size)

Thanks!!!
Michelle
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
Howdy, stranger! How'd you tear your ACL?

How much are you looking to spend?
Do you care what brand it is?
Do you want a compression molded deck (made like a wakeboard) or an all-wood skate?

Hope all is well!
scott
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
try to get a board under 40 inches
Old     (pmpstress2)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-11-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Hey Scott....I tore it wakeboarding doing something I do all the time...wake to wake. It was just a freak accident but I'm all better now. Just a little scard to get back on a wakeboard so a skatin' I will be this summer.

I would like to spend no more than 400.00
I dont care what brand it is.
??????

I have no idea what kind or size!!!

Michelle
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-11-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
400 dollars can basically get you any skate you want. wakeskates are a lot cheaper than wakeboards
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-12-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
Check out the Liquid Force Impulse 40", I just started riding it and its a great board. You don't want to get a beginner board because it will just limit you from doing any tricks in the future. The impulse is a wood concave, very strong, and not too heavy like a bi-level will be.
Old     (sdl39)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-13-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
The LF Impluse has a great shape, but some of the recent year models have had durability issues. I would recommend checking out Oak, Sattelyte, or New for wood concaves. The 2009 Oaks are available for just under $300 at boardstop.com. I would agree that 40" would be a good length for your height & weight.
Old     (pmpstress2)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-13-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone. What about Integrity Wakeskates. A few of my frinds have this type of wakeskate.
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-13-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
AMAZING
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-13-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
integs are indestructible. alot of people ride and love them they are a great skate.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2009, 11:18 PM Reply   
if you are willing to spend 400 you might as well get an integrity. they make a 38.65" deck that is amazing. the size would be great for you. im 5'8" and thats the deck i ride. small boards are the way to go. the shape is so smooth as is the ride. the boards are super snappy and react as fast as you do.
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
also saw today on BoardersBestBuy.com the Ronix zariel. What does everyone think about this board?
Old     (pmpstress2)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
WOW...thanks all for all the input. I think this weekend I'm going to try an Integrity and the liquid Force. We have a really fun event going on here in Austin on Sunday.
Aquaholics Anonymous....If anyone is in the Austin area y'all should check it out. I'll see if they have the Ronix Zariel to demo this weekend!
Old     (toxis)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-14-2009, 11:45 PM Reply   
look into the LF Mod if you plan on hitting rails. Otherwise, for a wood deck, Oak...

Go with an Integrity, Oak, New, Devotid, Sattelyte, Arson (new brand), etc... and you'll be happy with whatever you get. Just figure out what size/shape you like and go for it. I found an 08 Oak Horan for dirt so that will be my concave this year.
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-15-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
I have a zariel and its a good board but a little heavy for my liking, especially after i tore my acl in january. im going to be looking to pick up a lighter board. i dont think that it will be good for me on shuvits with that heavy board with my bad knee. i would make sure and get a grip tape deck though. ive ridden both foam and grip tape and grip tape is def. the way to go.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-21-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
zariel took me a long time to get used to it, fun board though
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
Austin, I have a torn ACL and have no problems throwing around my Zariel. Have you tried the 40"?