Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
LET THE MELTING BEGIN!!! things are starting to look up this week. 34 today, 42 tomorrow, 45 wednesday, 42 thursday, 37 friday

(Message edited by ironj32 on March 10, 2008)
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
Sweet!! I'm dying to get out.

Andy, I've got you beat. I was out on New Years Day 2008 on the Mississippi. It was 1 degree with a -20 windchill. Freakin' cold!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
^I saw you sold the Bu, congrats! Do you plan on getting a new boat or what's the word?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
I'm going without this season. The plan is to ride behind friends' boats and do test rides behind demo boats in search of the ultimate wake. I'm planning on getting a new boat in '09 unless I like being boatless. I'm hoping that I like the wake on a new VLX, because I like the style.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2008, 11:20 PM Reply   
Talking about the "Pay It Forward Murray Thread" it would be really cool if one of us guys in the north east metro would get a board up here to demo. We could all get together and it would be a great time to meet each other and just a great day on the lake. I may be out of town for a couple of months but if someone is interested in this put your address in the thread that is going on right now. When I saw this, for some reason I thought of Eder, I've never met you but you seem like a person that would jump on this and organize something. Any thoughts?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 4:55 AM Reply   
if you really want to demo the board hit up Midwest Mastercraft. although, i doubt they are going to want you to sign your name and what city you're from on the board.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-11-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
Yep, you can demo almost any of the pro model boards, some of the non-pro branded upper level boards and mid to upper end slalom skis at MWMC. Just don't let Jay ride it cause you'll end up losing your deposit, that guy breaks boards like their made out of cardboard.

I don't have anything set with wakeboarders yet but I have deal cooking with pro skier Marcus Brown where we'll have a limited amount of slots open to go skiing with Marcus, demo skis and ski behind Marcus's personal ProStar 197.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-11-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I put my name on the list and if it comes my way, I will post up and anyone can come out and play on it It would be sweet if it does.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
Don, i saw you put your name on the list, beat me too it!

Nick, I will post my address as well and Don and I (and whoever else from MN) will try to get that board up here in MN. If it comes our way, I will definitely set something up, although Don already has a great idea and offered his boat for the demo . The season is right around the corner...Nick, when you get back in town, lets meet up and ride sometime. I wanna check out your new ride my man!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-11-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
I will definitely get in touch with you, however I will not have anything done to my boat that I have planned but will work on it as soon as I get home. Worst case is we would have to fill all sacs with a pump you throw over the side, not that big of a deal. But I would hope to have everything done after about a month. I won't be around until about mid June.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Nick, by then ill have my wakeboarding legs back so it will work out perfectly haha!

No worries bout the sacs brother, i do the same, im 21 and cant afford a V-drive yet! Besides, Sacks arent that bad and the upside from automatic ballast is that you can see how much you fill the sacks themselves and place them where you need them! I love my wake and im sure your's will be just as sick! We gotta get our Setters out together sometime and shoot some pics or vids man, it would be sick!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-11-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
It is a nice boat he has. I had the pleasure of seeing it nov 11 last year, out last day out. Needs a little work but will be a really nice rig once it is done. going to iowa nick? I think I am gonna hang back for the year. I have plenty of time to spare right now and the break is nice. I have a lot of stuff to do to the house too so I will stay busy with that Im sure.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have one of those Harman Kardon Drive + Plays, extra, brand new, If any of my MN boys is interested here's the link

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/556088.html?1205247595
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
eder, very interested...email sent
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
How bout that weather today! So nice
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Sinko - WORD! the mississippi is calling my name right now.

Corey - i basically refuse ride other peoples stuff, i would feel so bad if i broke their gear...i'm going to get 3 boards for this season, so when one breaks i have at least two backups to get me by until the broken one gets replaced & returned to me. i called obrien last night to see if they had a limit on how many warranties i am allowed, and they said unlimited as long as it's with in the given warranty period.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-11-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Whooo Hoooo, I love Obrein!

bet you knew that.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-11-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
I'm heading to Vegas on Monday. I've already talked to Jonny with WakeLV.com and hope to get out a few times down there. That would be awesome. I plan to stay down there until mid June and then be back here for the summer.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
^^**Obrien**
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-11-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
I was moving boats around today just so I could be outside, no jaket needed!!!

No worries Jay, in a pinch I'd let you ride my setup, if nothing else its a good excuse for me to get a new one.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Jay, if you're interested in an '07 Hyperlite Imperial board, 135 or 140, or Murray bindings, size large, send me a pm. I'll hook you up with a good deal. I have several of these boards and bindings, so I'll hook up any of my fellow Minnesota riders.

I also have a ton of Accurate handles (Catalyst and Zero-g) and A-lines coming in within a couple of weeks if anyone is interested.

Check out my other site:

http://www.wakeskiworld.com

I should have it up and running within a couple of months.

BTW, O'Brien rocks!!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Dang, those wake ski's are huge! Is there any video of that?

Forgot to add: I got 54 degrees on the car temp thingy, way way stoked on the warmness!

(Message edited by sinkoumn on March 11, 2008)
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-11-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Yea, we have a video of some of the first stuff here at the shop. Might be on youtube.

The stuff behind the boat is still in production. Talked with Pete (the front man for wakeskis) and he said that they have been filming a ton of stuff behind the boat this winter.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
^JB if you find some stuff post it up for sure, definitely want to see some footage of people riding.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-11-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
will do once I get stuff. I think that HO may still have the Wakeski video. If I find it i will through it up.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-11-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Whats up fellas, its been awhile since i've been on wakeworld.
We still have 4ft of ice on the lakes, so no wakeboarding anytime soon.

I have a 07 roam 144 for sale if anyone is interested....let me know.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Anyone riding this weekend? I am next weekend for sure, out of town this weekend.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-11-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
tuneman - thanks for the offer, but i'm gonna be getting two brand new boards (either the obrien player, cartel, or coda) so that i have a warranty to fall back on. i'll also have my slingshot recoil for backup as well.

sinko - i too had 54 on the car temp thingy. had the sunroof and windows all open. also, i'll see if i can't get some video of the wakeski's...his mom and dad might have some footage that they'd be willing to share.

mark - i'm seriously contemplating hitting up the river this weekend if the temps reach the high 40's or low 50's.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Mark, let me know if you hit the river...im down!
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-11-2008, 10:17 PM Reply   
you guys all got your own wet suits?? if i can find one, id be down to ride this weekend as well, ill also be at the motocross race Sat. night, anyone else goin??
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 4:25 AM Reply   
LOL...this post was supposed to be from me. didn't realize my lady was logged in.

tuneman - thanks for the offer, but i'm gonna be getting two brand new boards (either the obrien player, coda, or natty) so that i have a warranty to fall back on. i'll also have my slingshot recoil for backup as well.

sinko - i too had 54 on the car temp thingy. had the sunroof and windows all open. also, i'll see if i can't get some video of the wakeski's...his mom and dad might have some footage that they'd be willing to share.

mark - i'm seriously contemplating hitting up the river this weekend if the temps reach the high 40's or low 50's.

(Message edited by ironj32 on March 12, 2008)
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Jay, for a second there, I thought you were coming out of the closet:-P
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-12-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
I got a grip of Obrien Gear for sale, mostof it brand new or that has only been on the water a few times.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
haha...it's my alter ego
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
andy - i'll most likely be purchasing a board or bindings from you at some point this season. are you gonna be able to handle 40-50 degree water when you get back from O-Town???

tuneman - you're right, Obrien does rock. i called them to see if i could get a replacement part for my Xenon's (the plastic lace lock wears down and doesn't hold after a while...the '08's have an aluminumn one which is supposed to hold better), and they said that they could send me just the replacement part, but if i wanted they'd send me a brand new pair...so I have a new pair of Xenon's on the way!!!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-12-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Moxilla - I'll be at the dome for the supercross!!! On Friday I'm dropping off our 07' X-Star down there, it's gonna be in the middle of the track from what I understand. I tried to get a pit pass since I'm dropping the boat off and I got shot down big time. No pit passes in MN.

Sinko - I had no luck in locating a demo SST, we do not have one nor does the LF rep. I'll keep my eyes peeled, I'd have to imagine we can scare one up.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-12-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
O'brien is that shiat!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thanks much Corey!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
^Hey Andy, is there a chance that you have any unused Helium vests for sale?
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-12-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Corey, thats bogus man, just squeeze into the ski locker till the race starts!!! I think ive got a VIP pass, my buddy is takin me
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-12-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
Sinko - Helium.... Um I'm the Rep. What are you looking for?

We need to find some more MN Dealers for Helium now that it is a St. Cloud, MN based company...
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Basically a comfortable/ergonomic vest that is CGA, I was looking at the PDF catalog and checking on either the Division Spur/inmate, or the Swat Logo.

I have an O'neill Gooru, but am a little tweeked after taking a few headshots last year and the vest not floating me to well.

Saftey first!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-12-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
Sinko, the Helium Line is SICK! I had an Oneill Outlaw and loved it, gave it to my uncle, bought an Oneill Gooru and hated it, never used it, sold it, didnt even like how it fit. Now im rockin the Ronix vest and its not that padded but i like it a lot. Nothing compared to my Sanders vest i used to rock before i lost weight and it didnt fit anymore. Next vest and forever on will be Helium, even the CGA arent that bulky, if you have never tried one on, The-House carrys them, go try one on brother.

EVERYONE - My boat is in storage and cant be out before April 1st, BUT, if anyone is gonna build up the courage to go out before that, and wouldnt mind having me as a third, let me know! im good for gas money and cleaning..and meeting my fellow MN WW'ers. My boat is yours when the time comes as well! Later!
Old     (rollna01)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-13-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Speaking of Helium..

Has anyone else seen the auction on ebay for a ton of Helium gear? Seems like it would be a good deal for a couple people to hit up. I think there's 28 vests.

Just search Helium Wakeboard on ebay, and let me know if anyone is interested in splitting it up?
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-13-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
id prolly take two jackets for a good price if they CGA
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
Holmes, you back in town yet or still poaching a couple of snow days?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Holmes, when will the 08 line of vests be in stock? You have any 'demos' you'd be interested in selling?

Shoot me an email or PM if you have any of those vests.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Boys...i had to do it, just as a mere piece of evidence that a weather god DOES exist...
On my way home from Campus!

Upload
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-13-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
I love it! I dont know what to do with myself right now. I get outta work in 15 min, and I want to do something outside, but I dont know what... Any suggestions?!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
Wurd!!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-13-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Hahahahha,

what funny about that pic is that you are heading south Keep going it only get warmer the farther you go! OWC!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Haha, Andy, i never noticed..Ironic isnt it, but i was only as far south as inver grove heights!

_JB, if you got your boat with ya, get her ready to ride, thats something you can do outside...if not, do as i did, go for a jog man, its wonderful to get tired and breath cool air, not dry FREEZING air which seems to puncture the lungs! ha!

BTW did anyone get a WW jersey!? i was definately thinking about it but I just dont have $40 to throw down on a jersey at the moment...i have to make up my mind by tomorrow apparently tho..so..anyone...think its worth it?

(Message edited by spicychalupa69 on March 13, 2008)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-13-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
KEep driving south only 1500 or so miles to OWC.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
Andy haha yeah, something like that, my buddies and I made the trip to O-town last summer. We drove straight through, no BS. Took us 26 hours but it was so much fun! After that, we drove NE to daytona beach to do some beach partying for a couple of days and drove home. I think, including days of travel, we only left for 5 days (i had to be back for work), but totally worth it! I think we might do it again this summer and if we dont find time, we're def hitting up Kansas, we were there two years ago, but O-town, without a doubt was much, MUCH better
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-13-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Eder, I got the white/blue jersey - I didn't get it to ride in, I figured it would just be a good shirt to just wear on the boat on super hot days, plus it helps support the site so I figured why not (I don't own any Bball jerseys to date, so it's somethin new!)
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-13-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
I went boarding today at Hyland OMG snow was SOOO SLOW! I still had fun hitting rails in a t-shirt! Boat comes out in 2 months!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-13-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
I was also thinking about ordering a WW jersey but like you Eder I just dont have $40 to drop on one at the moment. I hope they offer it again later.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-13-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
That's my take on it Sinko, i want to support the site, but im sure if i pass on this opportunity, somehow, i will be able to support the site again. I dont own a Bball jersey and dont know if i would like it, to ride or just to wear. Im still thinking bout it though, the more i see it, the more i want one.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2008, 4:30 AM Reply   
41 on Sunday....think i might possibly be taking my first run of the season!?!? any one else contemplating this?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-14-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
no way. My boat is still in pieces awaiting the ND tower. I cot some re-inforcing resin that needs 60* to cure and I dont habve the heat to do it out there.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
So when do you guys think that you will actually start riding?
Jay are you really going out this weekend? This warmer weather is starting to kill me! I just want it to be summer I cant wait to get out and ride, golf and be in shorts and flip flops again...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-14-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
I think that I am going to Pull my boat out of storage next week. Time to get the ball rolling in MN.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-14-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Realistically I won't be getting out until at least the second week in April. Between Dan going on vacation and then me I won't have much free time between then and now.

Oh yeah, I have no boat yet so that really hinders the wakeboarding.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-14-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
With ice aas thick as it is and the weather not cooperating, I would venture to say it might ne about 2 weeks in april till ice out in the cities. I will be out tuning the boat but probably wont ride in april for the first time in 10 years. The hand surgeon nixed that for the year.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-14-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
I am planning on hitting the water the last weekend in April, water should be just above 50 degrees by then
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-16-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Supercross was awesome to watch last night!!

Corey-Saw the MasterCraft sittin out there, bet that thing got dusty!! What boat shop do ya work for??
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-16-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Drove back to STP from Winona this morning and Peppin was open somewhat. I think next weekend is going to be a no go because we will still be iced in. It does give me a weekend to clean the boat and make sure everything is good to go.

Andy, you ever cruise north of Bald Eagle up to Big Marine? Family has a few places on the lake.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
well the weather did not cooperate this sunday...35 degrees is a little too chilly. i checked out the launch at boom island in minneapolis, and that is still frozen over. i guess it is pretty shallow up in champlin right now...a guy might mess up the hull of his boat. does anyone know of any other launches on the river that are open to the public?
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-17-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
The supercross was awesome even if I was partly deaf afterwards and yeah the boat got a little dusty, thats why we took an 07' demo instead of a brand new one. I work for Midwest MasterCraft in Crystal.

The boom island launch should thaw pretty quick if we get some more warm weather but the 2-5 inches of snow predicted is not going to help.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
It's official, especially after waking up this morning and looking outside - I am done with the weather, enough of the snow already!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-17-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
WHy did I ever come back here.......
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
^Because MN is the BOMB DIGGY in the summer, there's not place better when you have bluebird sky on the lake in the middle of summer!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-17-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Like the 2 times that happens it is epic.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-17-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
I do what I can. Its just hard to come back to more snow after spending some time in the 80s.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
Does anyone know how the launch is on the Mississippi...the one that is just south of the 694 bridge?
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-17-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
I dont think i would use that lauch. It seems pretty shallow in that area. My friends used that when they had an I/O and they ripped off the skeg on their lower unit when they were coming in. That was the last time they used that launch.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-17-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Alright only 2 more post till we hit 400! Lets make them count more than this one.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-17-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
For sure somebody make it good!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-17-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Alright, how about this. I set up a family with a day of riding with Josh palma. They are headed to florida in the morning and to the lake on Thursday.

If we can't ride here at least someone from here can ride there!