Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
To preface; I'm 5'9 180 coming off of two years on a Premier/3DS setup with a skill level of intermediate.

I took my first set this morning on my new (to me) 07 ONE setup and I figured I'd throw some comments out there.

PROS:
First of the bindings are like sex for your feet and I absolutely love them. Much more flexible for some steezy-ness and an all around great fit. I can't speak for durability yet but initial feelings are they rock. The board is lightning fast compared to the premier which is a bus on the water. I actually had a hard time keeping my edge through the top of the wake because I had to keep backing off to slow down. I'm sure this will be easier with a few more sets. The whole set up is so much lighter, swing weight is dramatically less compared to the premier. Spins where much easier because of this. The V-shape of the nose and tail make the landings much softer than the premier. I took it to the flats a couple of times and it was like night and day.

CONS:
I immediately had to switch to liquid force clamp style binding screws because the bindings kept rocking loose. Not a big deal but bugged me a little. When edging toeside the spray off the board catches the top of toe on the boot and it pulls your leg a bit. Super annoying. Pop on this board seems a little hard to time. I'm sure this will come with TOW but the premier has a super predictable pop and this is probably something I'll have to work into. The board is also a good bit wider than the premier which may take some getting used to.

Overall the setup is rad. Looks sick, rides fast, and is really comfortable on the water. Any comments or suggestions on how to combat some of the issues I talked about are welcome.

My $.02
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
I have nothing bad to say about my one, i love it, i just need to get my bindings molded. I always get a really bad pain on the outside of my foreward foot to the point where i cant walk, hopefully getting them molded will fix that.