Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Looking at a vRide with Illusion X tower and wondering if it will fit into a standard 7' garage with roll-up door (when collapsed)? Anyone successful? Also, roll-up door seems to take up a couple of extra inches so it is 82" when door is rolled up. If I take it off the track, can I get the extra couple of inches back? Also, thinking of getting a drop hitch to get it in if necessary. Please let me know any comments on this...thx!!!
Old    stillstandin            11-03-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have a friend who has a 04 VLX (same as a v-ride), he has the illusion X, it fits in his standard 7ft garage.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Craig-any idea if he had to have the trailer modified or remove the tower or anything? Thx
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-03-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Tracy - I don't have the same boat or tower, but I do have a height issue. I have a Tige' 22V which has tall gunnels, and a Phat Budde tower which is taller than most other towers. When I fold the tower, I am at 82" from the ground while hitched level to my truck. I get the boat into the garage with a 8" drop hitch. This gives me about 2" of room. My buddy with his Malibu and the Titan Tower has more clearance than I do by quite a bit. You should be fine. The only pain is changing hitches between towing and putting the boat into and out of the garage.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-04-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if the Illusion X tower is removable, if necessary?
Old    willowjeff2            11-07-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
I'm almost positive that it won't fit in a 7 foot garage. I don't even know if it will fit in a 8 foot if it can its pretty close, but most likely it can fit in 8. I can fit mine in to a 9' when I collapse the tower but w/ the board racks its close, it will fit 10' with out colapsing
Old     (romi)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-07-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
I have a 05 wLSV with a titan II and I can get into my 7' opening. But that doesnt help much.

You only have about 6" from the top of the windshield
Old    stillstandin            11-07-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Tracy. He had no motifications, it folds down, and slid in a 7ft with no problems. Just confirmed this the other day.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-07-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
Jeff your post doesn't make any sense. Why would Malibu design a colapseable tower that only gave you 1 1/2ft more clearance?

I would imagine that I would fit in most garages; the boat may be too long but with the tower down it should fit. In pics that I have seen on here when the tower was colapsed it was only a few inches higer (if that) than the windsheild on the boat. I am too lazy but if you search they have pics on here with the tower colapsed and you can see what I am talking about.

(Message edited by depoint50ae on November 07, 2005)
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-07-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
I have an '05 xti with an illusion tower
my garage opening is only 79" and the collapsed tower will not fit
so, for the winter...I took the tower off and set it in the boat
then, once in the garage, I reattached the tower in the collapsed position
but! the cover wouldn't fit well then, and...I didn't want the tower resting on the dash all winter
so...we bolted 3 chain links to each side of the tower base so that it is suspended halfway between collapsed and upright
I can now mount the board racks, and the cover fits well........
tower chains
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
My neighbor has a 2006 ride xti with the illusion and he can get it in his 7 ft door. With a older style flat door you loose the the top end( about 4 inches) and you really need a roll up door. I have the flat style and cant get my vlx with the titan in. We are having a roll door installed this week so hopefully we can get it in. I'll try to get pics of his garage this week to show you how close it is for him.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-07-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
I do have the roll-up garage door, so hoping it will fit! I am expecting to need a drop-down hitch, but it will be worth it to get it to fit inside!
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2005, 11:02 PM Reply   
Does that mean you got your V Ride???
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-08-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
Yes!!! Will pick her up in a couple of weeks! Thanks for the info!
Old     (bobby_b)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-09-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
Tracy, Which dealer would you recommend, my buddy is in the market for a Vride. Souns like you did your homework.
Old    nightrider            11-09-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
TAKE THE BOAT OFF YOUR TOW RIG AND LOWER THE CRANK WHEEL DOWN AS FAR AS POSSIBLE AND IF IT STILL HITS GOING THROUGH WHEN YOU PUSH IT IN, DO ONE STEP FURTHER AND PUT IT ON A CAR FLOOR JACK. THIS IS WHAT I DID FOR MY 05 VLX WITH THE ILLUSION X. ITS A PAIN IN THE BUTT! BUT OF COURSE ITS BETTER THAN HOME REMODELING AND I WOULD ASSUME EASIER. MY GARAGE WAS SOME WHERE NEAR THAT 7 FOOT MARK WITH A ROLL UP DOOR. IF THERE IS A ANY KIND OF INCLINE, IGNORE WHAT WHAT I JUST SAID BECAUSE YOU'LL HATE LIFE TRYING MY MEATHOD UNLESS YOU HAVE ABOUT FOUR BUDDIES.
P.S. MY LAST BOAT WAS AN 04 XTI, WHICH AS YOU KNOW IS THE SAME HULL AS THE V RIDE. IT HAD AN ILLUSION AND I WENT THROUGH ALL OF WHAT EVERYONE HAS TALKED ABOUT TO GET BOTH THE BOATS IN. ONE MORE THING, THE TELESCOPING COVER RODS WILL HOLD THE TOWER UP OFF YOU DASH WHEN STORING. HOPE THIS HELPS...
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-10-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Does the Illusion tower actually rest on the dash when collapsed? Unfortunately, I do have an include to get into my garage. The dealer is working on adjusting trailer height and hoping that with a drop hitch, it will fit...we'll see!
Old     (smeagol)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-10-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have an '05 VLX and ended up taking the tower off (its a 3 person job, but not that hard if you don't have bling on your tower) for winter storage. I just propped the tower up against the wall. My Bu had to be turned 90 degrees once inside the door and that was a very pain in the arse. Once a year... but not once a week.

I had hoped I could lower the tongue, let the air out of the tires, etc. but I was still a couple of inches from getting it in with the tower in the folded position.

Yes, the tower rests on the driver side dash when collapsed. You can put a brace under it but then you create a mushed down spot on your carpet. You could also use a piece of foam to protect the dash from indentation.
Old    04wakesetter            11-10-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
I'm not sure if 7' height will be fine (I have the Skylon Swoop tower and it fits OK). I would be a little more concerned with the width of your doors. I have 9' wide doors and my Malibu Wakesetter fits very snugly width-wise. Some houses have 8' wide doors !