Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-01-2015, 10:36 PM Reply   
The best part is this fatty's been married four times, LOL!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michel...ushpmg00000063
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2015, 11:22 PM Reply   
Ha ha. I feel sorry for the cops who have to drag chubby out of the office
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 1:38 AM Reply   
Every time this hobag opens her mouth (other than to stuff in a twinkie) she makes less and less sense.

"...I cannot violate my conscience." - Kim Davis, County Clerk, Rowan County, Kentucky

"You do not have to violate your conscience. Under the Constitution, you are free to your own beliefs.
As an elected official, however, you agreed to protect the rights of all citizens. Religious freedom does not mean you get to impose your beliefs on others. If you cannot abide by the Constitution, the Supreme Court and the law, then you should resign so that all the citizens of Rowan County can be served fairly." - Interfaith Iowa
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 1:53 AM Reply   
Lol it gets better...

She gave birth to twins 5 months after divorcing her FIRST husband... They were FATHERED by her THIRD husband and then adopted by her SECOND husband.

She's just waiting to go to jail for a few months then cash in on a book deal and give speeches to the idiot religious nutjobs that eat this hypocritical s**t up.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2015, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
She gave birth to twins 5 months after divorcing her FIRST husband... They were FATHERED by her THIRD husband and then adopted by her SECOND husband.
Wow... maybe we're under estimating her... if she can pull that off, she must be bringing something to the table.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2015, 7:57 AM Reply   
Dan Savage's interview on it -
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/w...r-517692483960
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-02-2015, 7:57 AM Reply   
That actually is really impressive in terms of f'd-upery lol. Sucks for the kids though. What is most interesting to me is she isn't issuing ANY licenses now. So she is just directly refusing to do her job while still getting public funded salary. Wish I could do that!
Old    bigdtx            09-02-2015, 8:10 AM Reply   
She looks like Dick Cheney in a Michelle Duggar wig...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-02-2015, 3:39 PM Reply   
Before you get married in Kentucky they pull up your family tree to make sure you are not on the same branch.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2015, 6:07 PM Reply   
I think the woman just needs to relieve herself of the position, but...if I were to choose to be gay and decide to marry, I would not go to someone who refused to give marriage licenses to gays. Just like I wouldn't go to the cake maker who doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding. I assmue there are plenty of people out there giving the stamp and taking the check. Just take the business somewhere else. Instead, the situation is made into a spectacle for the sake of the gay politics. She doesn't agree with gay marriage, so she must be eliminated.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-02-2015, 7:05 PM Reply   
She's not doing her job Justin. The job that tax payers hired her to do. What happens when you don't do your job Justin? You get fired. There is no spectacle of gay politics conspiracy here. It is black and white. She breaks the law, she doesn't do her job, she gets fired and possibly goes to jail. That's how the real world works. It isn't because we hate her religion. It's because we cannot allow her religion to take away someone else's 1st amendment rights.
My current religion says that I am required to kill guys who use the screen name wakesk8er2. Same rules apply though. My religion cannot take away your constitutional rights. I'll let you know if this ever changes
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 7:15 PM Reply   
Sounds like a bunch of "nut huggers" on here. pun intended. I don't believe in gay marriage. And I wouldn't issue them either. But I guess only gays are entitled to an opinion now.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
But I guess only gays are entitled to an opinion now.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion but most people try to ignore those of bigots
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 7:22 PM Reply   
Lol. Sounds like the gays in Rowan co are just as bigoted as the clerk. Same view just different sides. One thinks they should get a license and the other thinks she shouldn't have to issue
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 7:29 PM Reply   
One thinks the law should be respected and the other doesn't. Oh I get it now, silly me.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 7:33 PM Reply   
Adam, I got a serious question: Why does it matter to you if a couple of guys want to get married? I just don't understand why you would want to prevent it.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 7:37 PM Reply   
I personally don't believe it to be right. Just the same with abortion. I don't believe it to be right. I don't want anything to do with it. I have gay people in my family, I'm not telling you anything I wouldn't or haven't told them
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 7:38 PM Reply   
I'm just saying gays have fought the law saying they have the right to marry and this and that. So do I not have the right to have my own opinion?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 7:42 PM Reply   
Yeah but you recognize that is your belief system right? Why do you want to impose it on people with a different belief system?

I don't think it is right to combine it with the abortion issue, one is between consenting adults the other a consenting adult and a fetus. The legal rights and definition of a fetus is a tricky issue.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 7:45 PM Reply   
How is she imposing it on them. They are coming to her. She just denying to grant it. She's not telling them they can't go somewhere else and do it. Am I wrong?
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-02-2015, 7:50 PM Reply   
The difference is that the law has ALWAYS said that gay people have the right to marry. No new laws were created. The only law that says that gay people can marry is the U.S. Constitution. You know, that pesky document that prevents the religious majority from stomping all over the rights of people who aren't part of your religion. By preventing gay marriage, people have been breaking the law for centuries. The bullying of the religious majority prevented the law from being applied properly. Keep in mind that this was a conservative dominated supreme court that finally saw the injustice and corrected it. The 1st amendment protects your religious beliefs as long as other people's religious beliefs and Constitutional rights are also protected.
The fact that you have been just as much of an A hole to your own family members, Adam, does not excuse your A hole behavior here on Wakeworld. It actually makes it worse. Don't know why you thought it was important to point out what a piece of crap you are within your own family Adam. It certainly doesn't strengthen your argument.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
If my job asked me to do something against my religion I wouldn't do it. Further, I would expect to get fired. Apparently you did not read the first sentence of my post where I stated that I think she should relieve her self of her job. That means that I think she should quit, not "I hate gays."

If you decided to kill me because of your religion (because ending someone's life is on the same level as not issuing a marriage license) you should expect to be punished accordingly. Hopefully you'd rethink one half of the equation to continue your life normally.

Further, it is a spectacle. Get in your car and go down the road if you REALLY want a marriage license.

It cracks me up to see people get all wound up about THIS elected official not doing her job. The former Secretary of State and a current presidential candidate used a private email server during her tenure and we're worried about a podunk small time clerk of court not issuing gay marriage licenses. No doubt many other elected officials are out there not doing their jobs, but if not doing your job doesn't ping the liberal radar, it isn't an issue. GAY POLITICS.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
Yes Adam, you are wrong. Her job is not to decide who should and shouldn't get licenses.

Her job is to apply the legally mandated criteria (are the applicants siblings, etc) and assuming those are met, issue the license.

Simple as that.

This is absolutely no different than a county clerk whose imaginary friend in the sky tells them that two people of different races shouldn't get married. She doesn't have the luxury to decide what the supreme court has already decided.

he is more than welcome to vacate her office if she feels that the duties she is sworn to perform violate her own personal code. She can go start working on hubby #5 to knock her up and drive her down to church on Sundays.

If your daughter applied for her drivers license but the DMV official told you no way because their religion is against chicks driving, would you happily take her well out of your way to another dmv just to accommodate that bigoted moron?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
How is she imposing it on them. They are coming to her. She just denying to grant it. She's not telling them they can't go somewhere else and do it. Am I wrong?
Yes you are wrong. If a negro goes to the DMV to get his licence renewed and the guy behind the counter turns him away because he doesn't think negros should drive cars then he should be fired. Not for being a bigot but for not doing his job. You don't get to pick and choose who you serve using a screwed up belief system.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 7:59 PM Reply   
Mildred Jeter and Richard Loving wanted to get married in Virginia. They were refused because she was black and he was white.

They should have just moved to another state, right Adam? Problem solved!

INTERRACIAL POLITICS
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:00 PM Reply   
What strengthens my argument is The Bible. I'm not an A hole nor a piece of crap. I'm a realist. You sound like the liberal disease that plagues this country. The kind that has turned our nation from a God fearing nation to one that is so far from where it was founded. One that is on the downhill descent to being extinct. It looks more and more grim everyday.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Yes you are wrong. If a negro goes to the DMV to get his licence renewed and the guy behind the counter turns him away because he doesn't think negros should drive cars then he should be fired. Not for being a bigot but for not doing his job. You don't get to pick and choose who you serve using a screwed up belief system.

She isn't granting any marriage licenses bub.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 8:02 PM Reply   
Don't feel like answering the questions I guess.

IM RIGHT BECAUSE THE BIBLE! LIBTARDS GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:06 PM Reply   
How many of you voted for Obama but aren't mad at him for not doing his job lol?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 8:08 PM Reply   
Here Adam, I know it's tough to scroll back up, so I'll repost for you:

If your daughter applied for her drivers license but the DMV official told you no way because their religion is against chicks driving, would you happily take her well out of your way to another dmv just to accommodate that bigoted moron?

Mildred Jeter and Richard Loving wanted to get married in Virginia. They were refused because she was black and he was white.
They should have just moved to another state, right Adam? Problem solved!
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2015, 8:10 PM Reply   
Can someone point me to where in this thread someone has mentioned that she should keep her job?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 8:12 PM Reply   
"Lol. Sounds like the gays in Rowan co are just as bigoted as the clerk. Same view just different sides. One thinks they should get a license and the other thinks she shouldn't have to issue"
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-02-2015, 8:14 PM Reply   
You're right Adam. It is more and more grim every day. How can you even stand it any more? You should just put a gun in your mouth and end it all. Your God is waiting for you. If you think what I just said is ridiculous, it is. Just as ridiculous as claiming that everything is more and more grim every day. My life gets better every year as does the lives of my family and friends. Maybe some anti-depressants would be more effective than your doom and gloom fire and brimstone religion.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Here Adam, I know it's tough to scroll back up, so I'll repost for you:



If your daughter applied for her drivers license but the DMV official told you no way because their religion is against chicks driving, would you happily take her well out of your way to another dmv just to accommodate that bigoted moron?



Mildred Jeter and Richard Loving wanted to get married in Virginia. They were refused because she was black and he was white.

They should have just moved to another state, right Adam? Problem solved!

Yeah thanks for that. Made it much easier. If it's what it took that's what I'd do. I promise you I wouldn't take it to national news.

You guys just put on your tie dye shirts with short jean shorts and get out there and help Those homos protest. If you feel so strongly for them. Me personally I'm tired of hearing about it. It disgusts me.

Tell you what. When a man and a man or a woman and a woman can conceive a child with no outside help, then I'll accept homosexuality. Until then I'll stick with what I believe in. A man cannot have a child with another man nor can a woman with a woman. It takes one of each sex.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2015, 8:21 PM Reply   
I have to ask Wes, is hating on this woman for being fat any different than hating on someone for being gay? Surely she can't help being fat, just like one can't help being gay.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
You're right Adam. It is more and more grim every day. How can you even stand it any more? You should just put a gun in your mouth and end it all. Your God is waiting for you. If you think what I just said is ridiculous, it is. Just as ridiculous as claiming that everything is more and more grim every day. My life gets better every year as does the lives of my family and friends. Maybe some anti-depressants would be more effective than your doom and gloom fire and brimstone religion.

Guess at the end of our lives we will find out who was right. Bad thing is, if I'm right, youll wish you believed in The God you think as imaginary. If you are right, well then I just lived my life the way I did and it'll be over. No consequences. Think about that. Hell is real, hope you see that before it's too late.

I'm done arguing
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
I'm done arguing
Well that's good because you are giving Christians a bad name. Not all of them are bigots and some even show some compassion occasionally.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Well that's good because you are giving Christians a bad name. Not all of them are bigots and some even show some compassion occasionally.

Buddy you don't know me from Adam. You are giving liberals a bad name. Oh wait...
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
"Tell you what. When a man and a man or a woman and a woman can conceive a child with no outside help, then I'll accept homosexuality. Until then I'll stick with what I believe in. A man cannot have a child with another man nor can a woman with a woman. It takes one of each sex."

Adam so you believe marriage is only about having kids?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 8:42 PM Reply   
Heh heh. Yeah that's what the world needs, more people.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
"Tell you what. When a man and a man or a woman and a woman can conceive a child with no outside help, then I'll accept homosexuality. Until then I'll stick with what I believe in. A man cannot have a child with another man nor can a woman with a woman. It takes one of each sex."

Adam so you believe marriage is only about having kids?

Did I say a thing about marriage in that post? I said homosexuality. Whether they marry legally or not they are still gay. A marriage license is just a piece of paper. But I really can't believe this law has passed. I was just saying I'll accept it when they can reproduce on their own. Until then lol, I'll have my own opinion just like all of you.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-02-2015, 8:58 PM Reply   
Pascal's Wager, nice one Adam. I guess it's good that religion is there for folks like you with feeble morals.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 9:03 PM Reply   
This has been pretty fun
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-02-2015, 9:07 PM Reply   
You guys are gay :-)
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2015, 9:08 PM Reply   
Adam, Do you think being gay is a choice?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2015, 9:24 PM Reply   
Not Gay, I just recognize that whats right for me might not be right for somebody else so I live and let live as much as possible. What I do rail against is arrogant people who needlessly try to restrict others freedom to do the same.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-02-2015, 9:30 PM Reply   
Gracious me this exploded. In reality, no one cares if you are grossed out by gay people(in this situation).You can either do you job, or be relieved of it by yourself(mature thing to do) or by force and contempt of court like she will be. The rest is just bs. Whether you agree with homosexuality or not doesn't matter, she's not doing her job and openly admitting that, so here's the door time to get another job.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-03-2015, 3:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Adam, Do you think being gay is a choice?

Yes I do. Everything we do in life is a choice.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2015, 5:09 AM Reply   
Hahahaahahaha.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2015, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Tell you what. When a man and a man or a woman and a woman can conceive a child with no outside help, then I'll accept homosexuality. Until then I'll stick with what I believe in. A man cannot have a child with another man nor can a woman with a woman. It takes one of each sex.
So with that logic do you not accept:
Elderly people who cannot conceive because of age?
Someone who may have had cancer and cannot conceive a child from that?


Quote:
A marriage license is just a piece of paper.
An extremely important one, that should not be denied between any two consenting adults. There are so many benefits to that piece of paper that should be granted to two men or women who are in love.... your beliefs should NOT take that away from them.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-03-2015, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Lol. Sounds like the gays in Rowan co are just as bigoted as the clerk. Same view just different sides. One thinks they should get a license and the other thinks she shouldn't have to issue
Since when did doing your job as required by law become an opinion?
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-03-2015, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
So with that logic do you not accept:
Elderly people who cannot conceive because of age?
Someone who may have had cancer and cannot conceive a child from that?



An extremely important one, that should not be denied between any two consenting adults. There are so many benefits to that piece of paper that should be granted to two men or women who are in love.... your beliefs should NOT take that away from them.

You guys try every way in the world to find a loop hole in things. I'm tired of talking about it. Bottom line is, I'm not gonna change your views and you aren't gonna change mind so really we are just pissing in the wind
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
So with that logic do you not accept:
Elderly people who cannot conceive because of age?
Someone who may have had cancer and cannot conceive a child from that
Heterosexual couples in these situations would have had the potential to conceive together, but nature/fate has intervened. Homosexual couples never have that potential, no matter what level of natural/human/fate intervention.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
We digressed, and you're right we're both not going to change our minds.... the point of the thread and its problem is simple ....


Should a government employee be forced to do their job and uphold the law even if it goes against their religion?


I think the answer is YES, she (in this case) should lose her job if she doesn't do it. Its tax payer money to fund her job, which she clearly not doing. If she doesn't like it, she should leave that position. Separation of church and state should be all we need to talk about here... nothing but the law and the constitution should be in play; her own personal beliefs need to be checked at the door if she wants to continue to hold that position.

At the end of the day, allowing Gay marriage has done NOTHING to effect traditional marriages. My wife and I's marriage is the same as it was 2 years ago. All the Gay men that weren't having sex with in the past still aren't trying to and/or marry me. There is zero change to 99.99% of people's lives because of this. People cry and moan it has devalued the sanctity of marriage - I say thats bull****. This women has had multiple divorces (53% nation wide divorce rate), sites like Ashley Madison exist to have affairs, and domestic abuse is apparently present in 20% of marriages.... there is no sanctity in that. Let people love and be happy - trying to **** on that doesn't make your life better, it just makes theirs worse and you an ******* for taking that away from someone.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 09-03-2015 at 9:45 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-03-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
I agree. If her job goes against her religion it is not the responsibility of the employer to change what they do. It is her responsibility to find another job. That may be asking to much in this f&**ing day and age though. Responsibility has gone by the wayside.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
Any body else watch the VMA's then immediately take a shower and try to forget what you saw?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2015, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
but nature/fate has intervened.
You can say those situations are okay, and in the next breath say that a girl/guy who was born gay isn't fate / nature.


Side note - funny and relevant
Clerks And Recreation with Kim Davis

Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses. She's just lucky she doesn't have to answer to Ron Swanson and Leslie Knope.

Posted by Funny Or Die on Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2015, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
You can say those situations are okay, and in the next breath say that a girl/guy who was born gay isn't fate / nature.
I don't recall saying anything was or wasn't okay. I was just pointing out what I saw as an apples to oranges comparison.

As for being born gay...I'm not a biologist so I'm not gonna touch that subject.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       09-03-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-03-2015, 12:39 PM Reply   
Nothing like a good ole Kentucky leg spreader to preach the word!
Old     (Jwredmon101)      Join Date: May 2014       09-03-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Just a question but, can anyone site the "law" that she has to issue a marriage license in general ..and since she is a elected official ..she can't be "fired" ...it's called process and impeachment .
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2015, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
can anyone site the "law" that she has to issue a marriage license in general
I personally don't think she is breaking the law, its the fact that is one of the main duties of her position ... if people pay their $40, are of age, and have ID's, they get a marriage license. Her job is to see that she does that, she is not fulfilling her duties and should be removed for the position. Tax payers are paying her to not do her job, thats wrong.

I see she is being charge with contempt of court - and since I had no clue what that meant google says:
Contempt of court, often referred to simply as "contempt", is the offense of being disobedient to or disrespectful towards a court of law and its officers in the form of behavior that opposes or defies authority, justice, and dignity of the court.

.... my guess is since the SCOTUS said Gay marriage is protected via the constitution, she better not stop them from getting married, which she is doing.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 09-03-2015 at 1:45 PM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-03-2015, 1:49 PM Reply   
Contempt is basically pissing off a judge.
Old     (Jwredmon101)      Join Date: May 2014       09-03-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
Isn't that the choice of the tax payers on weather she should be removed or not ? So the people of that county?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2015, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Isn't that the choice of the tax payers on weather she should be removed or not ? So the people of that county?
I don't think so. It sets a bad standard. If a government official can knowingly and blatantly no complete her job and deliberately disregard a ruling by the SCOTUS ... I think that sets a really bad precedence for future situations like this.

If she stays in office and continues on without problem; Sooner or later someone will stop allowing inter-racial couples to get married, stop giving driving tests to Asian women, etc etc.... and then they sue the town,county,city because this lady did the same thing and got away with it.


EDIT - looks like the people of that county (at least someone with power) decided it was time to remove her -
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29950237/u...n-into-custody

From the story - the Judge gets it:
Quote:
"I myself have genuinely held religious beliefs," the judge said, but "I took an oath."

"Mrs. Davis took an oath," he added. "Oaths mean things."

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 09-03-2015 at 2:11 PM.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2015, 2:19 PM Reply   
She is in contempt because she has lost multiple rulings about this and was told to do her job
Old     (Jwredmon101)      Join Date: May 2014       09-03-2015, 2:23 PM Reply   
I don't think anyone is questioning "contempt". I Just seen a ton of post saying she should be "fired" for breaking a "law" . Lot of keyboard hero's that have no clue of due process. My questions actually have substance. But read what I am questioning carefully .
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2015, 2:40 PM Reply   
The last few statements were regarding the meaning of contempt... So that's why I said that.. I felt the need to specify that she has already been told by a judge to get her **** together, lost an appeal, and been dismissed by the Supreme Court. I believe that is important enough to state. I also believe that while yes she can't be "fired" she should be removed but seems more like you being annoying playing use the right words har har than actually contributing. But maybe that is just a misjudgment of tone through text.
Old     (Jwredmon101)      Join Date: May 2014       09-03-2015, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yeah but the point im trying to make is the fact that there is a process that is being over looked.. while she is in jail is her wages being stopped? If not then are the taxpayers now not only paying for her to not do her job .. But now paying for her meals and shelter in jail? Why not start the process of impeachment and hold a vote for the people to decide what is to become of her. Im sorry if my tone is not to your liking ... the Majority of this post is spewing ignorance and propaganda of a angry mob . When no legitimate questions or comments are even being asked or said . Its supposed to be a discussion . NOT just how many people can I get to like my post . Or maybe im wrong on that to.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-03-2015, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah but the point im trying to make is the fact that there is a process that is being over looked..
What was overlooked?

She quit doing her job.
Gov't said do your job.
She filed a case that she shouldn't have to, she lost.
She still didn't do her job.
No she is facing the consequences.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-03-2015, 3:43 PM Reply   
shes a peasant
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-03-2015, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post

Should a government employee be forced to do their job and uphold the law even if it goes against their religion?
Doing her job isn't against her religion. She isn't required to condone gay marriage. She is required only to issue a license after ensuring that the applicants are qualified. Nothing more.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-03-2015, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
Yeah but the point im trying to make is the fact that there is a process that is being over looked.. while she is in jail is her wages being stopped? If not then are the taxpayers now not only paying for her to not do her job .. But now paying for her meals and shelter in jail? Why not start the process of impeachment and hold a vote for the people to decide what is to become of her. Im sorry if my tone is not to your liking ... the Majority of this post is spewing ignorance and propaganda of a angry mob . When no legitimate questions or comments are even being asked or said . Its supposed to be a discussion . NOT just how many people can I get to like my post . Or maybe im wrong on that to.
JW, you seem pretty knowledgeable and I'm all for learning something. Can you enlighten us on how the impeachment process works for county clerks in KY? I'm absolutely ignorant on that.

I agree she probably can't be "fired" because she's elected and her boss is the people. She may be able to be removed for criminal misconduct/dereliction of official duty, but again, that probably depends on state law.

In the very near term, contempt of court is the quickest way to remedy her failure to follow court orders.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-03-2015, 5:04 PM Reply   
My new religion will only allow me to watch TV all day at my job. I can no longer perform my duties as an employee. If my employer tries to fire me for bringing in a TV and watching all day instead of performing my duties, I will sue my employer for violating my religious rights.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
Yeah but the point im trying to make is the fact that there is a process that is being over looked.. while she is in jail is her wages being stopped? If not then are the taxpayers now not only paying for her to not do her job .. But now paying for her meals and shelter in jail? Why not start the process of impeachment and hold a vote for the people to decide what is to become of her. Im sorry if my tone is not to your liking ... the Majority of this post is spewing ignorance and propaganda of a angry mob . When no legitimate questions or comments are even being asked or said . Its supposed to be a discussion . NOT just how many people can I get to like my post . Or maybe im wrong on that to.
The reason why you don't wait for the public to vote to impeach her is because people's right to get married by law are being violated. If the people of the county are paying her while in jail that's their business and their loss. It's a small price to pay for what the taxpayer in that county is allowing to occur. And the bill could get much higher if lawsuits start getting filed. Lately that seems to be the norm for conservatives. I.E. to pay for their leaders to be obstinate in the face of the law and charging the taxpayer for the bill. It happens in Florida a lot.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2015, 9:19 AM Reply   
why not just have someone else in the office process things. Let her step aside when something violates her beliefs. I've read that that's what other counties are doing.

when election time rolls around, don't re-elect her.

seems pretty simple
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-04-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
All this is, is another issue of people acting like spoiled children when they don't get their (just like the gay wedding cake situation). If this woman won't do it, then find someone elsewhere who WILL do it instead of acting like a bunch of tantrum prone two year olds throwing a fit because they didn't get WHAT they wanted WHEN they wanted it.

Unfortunately, she's taking it too far by condemning the gay/same sex community for wanting their marriage licenses because it's not her place to condemn them for their actions, but she shouldn't be forced to participate in something she does not believe in either.

Just another drawn out situation, and attacking her OWN personal faults in life doesn't do anything for the situation either Because NONE of us are any better or worse than the next.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-04-2015, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
why not just have someone else in the office process things. Let her step aside when something violates her beliefs. I've read that that's what other counties are doing.

when election time rolls around, don't re-elect her.

seems pretty simple
EXACTLY my point, Cliff.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
If you read the news it's apparent she's the boss and they had to put her in jail to stop her from preventing the licenses from being issued. There was no "letting" her step aside. She went to jail because she refused to exercise that option. A public vote does not trump other people's legal rights. It's really that simple until religion gets small minded people confused about their place in the world.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2015, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by quik876 View Post
All this is, is another issue of people acting like spoiled children when they don't get their (just like the gay wedding cake situation). If this woman won't do it, then find someone elsewhere who WILL do it instead of acting like a bunch of tantrum prone two year olds throwing a fit because they didn't get WHAT they wanted WHEN they wanted it.
You should really try to understand the issue before commenting. The whole problem was the logistical difficulty of getting her out so someone else could do the job.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us