Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-20-2009, 10:40 PM Reply   
im leavin tomorrow for mcclure and will be there till monday afternoon whats every one else doin
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       05-20-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
Heading up to pedro Friday afternoon and will be there till Monday. Can't wait. This will be our first time on the water this year.
Old     (mcclure_kevo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-21-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
nice
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Ian,
I was at Pedro last weekend. It's pretty nice right now. The water temp was just right. Somewhere around 69-70 I think. Of course it was over 100 degrees that day.

Today is my birthday and I'm leaving work early and heading up to Tahoe for a long weekend. Taking my son to his first concert. He's 6 years old. Going to see Buddy Guy at Harrah's. Can't wait.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-21-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
Buddy Guy? That's an awesome first concert! I saw him in '98 with Jonny Lang and Big Head Todd.
I try to keep it low key on holiday weekends but man, the forecast looks perfect.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Yeah fatsac, I've seen Buddy Guy like 5 or 6 times. Mostly in small venues, he is awesome live. I'm stoked. 6 years old and he's going to a Buddy Guy concert. I'm a good dad... I can't wait. I can already picture my son doing the air-guitar in the middle of isle. He's going to love it. Me too.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-21-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Oroville....anybody been lately? Water temp, debris report?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
http://www.myspace.com/bassislandparty

But looks like it is supposed to rain all weekend.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-21-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
Dirty D, Disco Bay
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       05-21-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Where are the good spots at pedro. Been there a few times the past couple of years but always seem to go to the same spot to anchor or beach it. Any suggestions on locations for boarding or hanging out?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-21-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
Durrty D
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-21-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
nevada dessert for me, im so stoked for the heat and dirt, im glad i wont be chillin on the water in a boat with all my friends. dang i suck
Old    K.B.C.            05-21-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Steve, you may want to call on the debris situation. We were at Bullards last weekend and it was bad. The lake had risen 23 feet in 10 days. Oroville may be in a similar situation.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-21-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
Oroville report from last weekend.

We spent last weekend on a Floating campsite if you can ever get a reservation I highly recommend it.

Water temp 71-74 warmer later in the day. There was a fair amount of debris some of it would really ruin your day, but most of it was fairly small. Luckily the bigger stuff could be spotted and avoided as long as the wind was down.

This was all on the middle fork and the main part of the lake. Didn't get up to the other forks.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-21-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
I was at Pedro Fri-Sun as well and it was great! Other than 100+ that is and a bit of debris, the water was 72 according to the gauge. That first morning jump in will wake you a bit but after that it's all good!

Ian, Pedro's fickle with the wind and on a busy weekend it can try your nerves at bit. We did all our riding and such in the South Bay region as it stayed fairly flat throughout the day, flat mornings and late afternoons and believe it or not fairly traffic free.

Great weekend but i failed to noticed the bass tourney notice, 5:30AM Saturday some ******* with a bullhorn is sending the boats off right in front of my site in Fleming! Wouldn't have been so bad if i hadn't stayed up 'till 2AM raising hell!

(Message edited by razzman on May 21, 2009)