Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-10-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hey guys i need some reviews for the 2009 S4 from people that have riden this board. I have been riding the 2006 PS3 for the last couple years and want a new board. I will use this board behind the boat not the cable.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-10-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
My son went from the LF Team to the S4 and loves it. Says it has more pop and more speed than his old board.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-10-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
I rode the ps3 for a few years before bumping to the s4 last year... No looking back!! Great board... Best description I can say is one someone told me "its like a ps3 on roids!"
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
if you want i am trying to get ride of my 09 S4 LTD 138.. i like the board it was just not for me.. i bought it a few months ago and rode it maybe 4- 5 times. i just could not get used to how it rode, i like 3 stage rockers better. so im trying to go back to my Watson classic. let me know.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-10-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
From what I've heard it's a LOT faster, and might take a couple of rides to get used to. I'm sure you'll love it though!
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-11-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
Michael, the s4 is a 3 stage... http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=57201
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
i know it says its a three stage it just rides more like a continuous rocker to me, and doesn't track or sit in the water like i would like it too. When i think of a three stage i think of the Watson and this is a lot different than that. when i rode it it seemed like the only cut i could really get the pop out of were hard progressive edging. i change my cuts up a lot so this board wasn't for me.. and if you watch Soven ride it seems like all he does is progressive edging.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
its not an "aggressive 3 stage" like wakeworld says, that's a typo. LF says its a "progressive 3 stage"
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-11-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
I'll compare the S4 to the watson for you because I ride the 08 Watson, and have rode a buddys 09 S4 and loved it! To me it felt like (and side by side looks like) the watson except for a few minor details. It has the same pop, same 3 stage feel, same center spine for super soft landings, and same rail. The minor differences were the shapes of the tip and tail where water is channeled through. The S4 has 4 molded in fins on each end, and the two middle fins are like 0.3 inches which really help grip the water. The watson is real loose and hard to get a good grip on edge, but the S4 locks right in. I also felt like the S4 was a bit fater than the watson which I really liked about it. Also when landing i felt like the S4 stuck to the water more and I could land different tricks and "stick" the landing better with more control.

So basically comparing the S4 to the watson in my opinion, the S4 is exactly the same except a little bit faster and grips the water more.

That being said I have rode the ps3 like two years ago and it felt like the slowest board ever, even slower than the watson. It also sat real deep in the water compared to other boards i rode. But it had about the same pop as the watson and S4, and i felt like i could "stick" my landings better with the ps3 and S4 than the watson

hope this helps
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-12-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Hey Michael, email me about your S4. Jburbo@donbeyervolvo.com
Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-12-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, i really want to know what i am buying before i spend the money