Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    lakesideluver            07-21-2003, 7:07 PM Reply   
i can get around but i catch my nose so how can i get more height so i can stick this badboy?
Old    matthew            07-21-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
stand tall off the wake
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-21-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
Mike, please post these questions in the appropriate topic - Trick Tips.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-21-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
Hold your edge through the wake, keep the handle in during the rotation. Try that in addition to what Mike said.
Old                07-23-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
The way that I really started getting big air on my backrolls was to wait a split second longer. Some people, myself included have a tendency to jump a little to early in the trough of the wake. Wait a split second longer, and then start the rotation. That is what really did it for me. I think that is kind of like edging through the whole wake, but it makes more sense for some people. It is just a timing issue. Also, I try to put more weight on the back foot, and when I launch off the wake I think about shooting the board straight up, more than around. Hope this helps
Old     (rhettb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
Hold you cut all the way up the wake, look at the top of the wake on the way in, pop off the wake and then initiate your roll - if you have to at all - don't be scared to take a big cut in - most people say to take a 10-15 foot cut, in my opinion the bigger, the better - more time to compensate for mistakes and to actually see your landing. Of course, the bigger, the harder you fall
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-25-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
Just what Steve and William said. I went to a wake board camp and that was the biggest thing they stressed on the backroll. They also said you can slow the approch down by 50% when coming into the wake.