Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
What lakes are in the Monterey CA area?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-11-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
anderson calero delta, but thats not a lake.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Steve- There are a few lakes near by within about an a hour and a half drive. Nothing closer than that. San Antonio and Nacimiento are 90 miles south and the closer ones, Coyote and Anderson are about 60 miles to the North. Weather should be about the same for all four lakes, high 80's to low 90's right now.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-11-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
South of Monterey, is Naciemento and Lake San Antonio.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-11-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
Are you going to the DLI at the Presidio?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
I live in Monterey for school. Let me know if you ever need a third. I don't ride anymore, but love to get out on the boat.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
I would go to the delta its not a lake but I think it is better than any lake!
Old     (leblanc1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
I'm not familiar with the DLI. I was asking because I'm heading down there next weekend to visit a friend and was debating on whether or not to bring the boat.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-13-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Hey Steve

I would not bring the boat if I were you. Despite there being lakes within a decent driving distance, the weather here is cold and you will find other things to do with your time while you are here. There are alot of places to go and alot of things to see in the Monterey area. However, if you do bring the boat, hit me up if you need a third. I live in Monterey and goto CSUMB
Old    wayknbayk            05-13-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Steve..you should def bring the boat! Naci is nice to ride in the morinings and great to party during the day. Especially when it gets warm, you will always find a party of boats to tie up to. If youre looking for something a little closer that a couple of hours, check out Anderson in Morgan Hill. It's right of the highway and for the most part you will be able to find good water if the wind isnt blowing...not to mention Morgan Hill gets HOT!!