Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    hb_tige            08-20-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
Does anyone own one and if so what is your opinion. I am going to buy one next week and I was wondering if there was any major concerns with this boat before I get one. I only have 21' for storage, that is why I am going with the Cyclone C4.

How is the wakeboarding and wakesurfing behind this boat?

How is the reliability with a Centurion Boat?

Thanks for your help.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2004, 5:11 AM Reply   
A friend of mine just bought one and the wake is really nice. It is real solid in double-ups. It seems to be a little deeper of a V and in turns it slows a little more than my X2 but after a little tinkering with PP you should be fine. The wake seems to be very similar to my X2 just a little smaller. It doesn't wash out when you have a lot of people either.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-21-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
I love my Cyclone 0 problems 60 hours
Great wake surf and wakeboard wake not to mention a great barefoot boat if you like that sort of thing
Old    hb_tige            08-21-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
Kevin, what type of ballast system do you have with your boat. Is it the stock one ballast or do you have the dual rear ballast.

I guess my next question would be, do you need the dual rear ballast with the trim tab?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-21-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
I have the Single ballast under the floor.
With that the boat has WAY more wake than I need.
If I want to go huge I add people and fat sacs to both sides of the engine.

When I go wake surfing I add one fat sac and people the passenger side
Old    hb_tige            08-22-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
thanks for the info.
Old    r3612            08-23-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
I'm johns friend and the wake is pretty much like he said. Smaller version of the x-2 in ramp but has a little more kick at the top. Love the boat on my second Centurion had a hurricane before this. To me Centurions are veryu underated in terms of boats. Had some issues with my first with the merc engine, but those were solved and no problems with the new one. The Cyclone does roll a bit in the turns and the pp is sensitive when you do turn even after I adjusted the settings has to do with the shape of the hull I was told from pp. I'm pretty sure that is because of the deep v on such a short platform, but it rides like a dream in chop and d-ups for sure. Solid boat get the hydro wakeplate for sure. You won't be disappointed Her are some pics but the boat is bare have some accessories now but no pics.

Kris

Old    r3612            08-23-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
As to the fact do you need the dual rear. It's nice to have but you can always put sacs back there if you want more weight. I'm actually replacing my hard tanks with sacs so I have the room when towing and also the sacs I'm putting in will be 500lbs each instead iof like around 275 which I was told the hard tanks are. It also depends on your ability as well. We empty the tanks for my wife who is just starting out and a couple of my buddies as well.

Kris
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-23-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
Picture of my Cyclone

Old    hb_tige            08-23-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
The boats look great, I can't wait.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-24-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Nice boat Kevin there is no question now that my next Centurion will be red.

AMEN Kris, Centurion boats are very underated!!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Thanks!

I have always loved red boats!
I have had ....... well lets just say several over the years
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
Kelly S............We have an 04 cyclone, 60 hours. first season with it as a first time wakeboard boat owner. Both sons and I ride. I am 40 and out of shape, but this boat is the bomb. Glad I test drove it. Ended up being a dream come true. We have all three tanks. All three riders use all three tanks full. The trim tab does not take the place of ballast, it helps to shape it. With the tab all the way up, the wake has good size lip. I put the tab down about 50% to take some of the edge off of the wake. Kids aren't afraid of nothin, I'm still a little gun shy. My 14 year old son's girlfriend got up first time out, but rides without ballast. Ask anything......will answer. good Luck.....Patt.....
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Sorry, here is my attempt to upload the picture.

Big Daddy's Ride
Old    r3612            08-24-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
I'm curios to see if you all find that this particular boat likes weight more on the passenger side. I usually put a 2peopl to one ratio. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the way the prop spins cause since I switched props from the factory one to the acme 653 3 blade I noticed it needed it a little more. Not a problem all it takes is a little weight to clean it up, but I was just curious as to all your rides on this particular topic.

Kris
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
Yes that is true and works since that is the side of the boat with the most seating :-)
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 5:25 PM Reply   
We also need to keep a little more weight on the passenger side. Using a 13x12 acme, keeping and eye on balance and holeshot is great. Bought spare prop, but got a 13x13 OJ and holeshot is sluggish even when it is just the 4 of us. Looking to get rid of it and get another acme.
Old    r3612            08-24-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
I have the 13X11.5 653 hole shot and holding speed are awesome. Thanks for the replies. Ther is another Acme that I had that was in between these 2 props that was also a 13X11.5 which was pretty similar to my 653 except the cup was different. This (#653)is what Acme recommends on the Cyclone for purely wakeboarding families, or they say keep the stock for crossover. The stock is mMore fuel efficent at the high speeds and cruising, and does everything well.

Kris
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
The other prop is the 525 it has a 0.8 cup, I have it my Sanger, it is awesome.
Old    hb_tige            08-27-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
With the rear ballast system hooked up, how much of the rear storage is actually left for storage? And how do you like the cooler in the walk thru? Do you also have to use an additional cooler? and if so where do you put that one?

Thanks
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
not much that is why i did not get the extra ballast. If I need more weight I use fat sacs Love the cooler! If you need another would depend on how much stuff you needed to take. We never need an extra cooler
Old    r3612            08-27-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
The rear tanks do take up a lot of room. that is why I'm going to replace those with Sacs. (1) because the sacs will hold more weight and (2) I wont lose the storage when I'm towing somehwere.

We tend to always take an extra cooler because its just easier to pack the cooler in the house...pure laziness I guess. We do use the stock cooler occaisionally, but its just easier for us cause we tow all the time to load the cooler inside and take it in and out of the boat, but we're like fish and drink a ton of gatorade and red bull out on the boat. We put ours in the walk through wew have a decent size cooler to, or if we have some extra people in the boat we put it right in front of the rear bench seat so it acts like a jump seat sp your neck isn't kinked from watching everyone ride.

Kris