Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
I need to mount my speaker box to my tower, but the box is straight and the tower has a slow curve. I need a clamp that can account for this. What would work but looks real bad is a u-bolt. Any ideas?

So far I have one guy telling me to use a rubber washer on each side of the box to account for the angle, and another guy telling me I should have an interface peice made by Tap Plastics.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-22-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
just an idea...buy a couple of rauls clamps and use a grinder to grind down the base of the clamps at an angle. Or just use rauls clamps and put a few washers underneath the base of the clamp so the box hangs down low enough so the angle of the top bar is not an issue.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Hey Adam,

The problem isn't ineterference between the top bar and the box,it is the angle of the tower bar wrt the staight top of the speaker box. The curve in the tower will make the clamp point slightly inward. The bottom part of the clamp mounts directly to the box. Now, If I attempt to mount the two parts of the clamp together, the bolt won't go thorugh because the two parts won't line up. Or, the bolt will go though both clamps, but the tower side clamp won't fit flush, and will have an angle to it.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-22-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
It would be better if you could make an angled spacer out of a solid piece of aluminum. Maybe if you buy a solid round bar of aluminum and cut it you can sand and polish it yourself.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
Yea, that would work to. I can't beleive someone hasn't come up with a nice clamp to handle this. I wonder how do speaker box manufactures handle this?