Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (PunkrockNJ)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-23-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
An insert popped on my 09 Monarch - the good news is HO's warranty dept. is replacing it (nice job!) but they don't have any 09 Monarchs left to send out.

I loved this board - so light and nice and loose without feeling too slippery edging in. Plus I loved the gold & graphics as well. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding what is available to replace it with so in the meantime I'm trying to figure out what I would choose. What else from the Byerly / Hyperlite family compares to the '09 Monarch? I have liked the Byerly line in past years but have not ridden any of the new shapes - Conspiracy, Assault - besides the Monarch.

Anything with the light and loose feeling of the Monarch out there?
Old    star_star            08-28-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
maybe a 2010 murray nova core. i have an 08 monarch (same as 09 i believe) and a 2010 murray and i think they ride similarly. my murray is a bio core so it is not as light as the nova core or the monarch).
Old     (PunkrockNJ)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
HO ended up just sending me a '10 Monarch instead of the '09. I know there is a big price difference between the two years but I got a great deal on the '09 from BBB so the price I actually paid is comparable to the '10. Since BBB was switching owners, HO was also nice enough to deal w/ me directly instead of trying to coordinate through that mess.

I have to say that the weight difference between '09 and '10 is not that noticeable and if the board is stronger in the new mat'l then it's a win at the cheaper MSRP. I love the Monarch shape. The '10 graphics are pretty sick too. Another great board from Byerly. I really want to give the Conspiracy a shot one of these days...