Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (dwatson12)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
Just found a thread on youtube about that new Chaparral Xtremes vs. the inboard tow boats. I do not know how to copy and paste the info. Just type in Chaparral Xtremes. They do a good job of comparing there boat up directly against a Malibu. Let me know what you guys think. I am pretty interested now in looking at this boat the L.A. Boat Show.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-25-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
No comparison. You can put antlers on a dog but in the end it's still a dog. Inboards are the only way to go for wake sports, especially when buying new.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-25-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
I can't believe they show someone surfing behind their boat. That's incredibly dangerous.

The boat has it's place but a true tow boat it is NOT.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-25-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
They did the comparison in Boating mag. Chaparral, Malibu, and SeaDoo Jet.

Malibu won every category by far. Chaparral and SeaDoo were close on everything for second place. Chaparral is made much better than SeaDoo, but cheaper is cheaper in price too.

I see no benefit of the I/O. A SeaDoo can at least go in very shallow water and safety for kids. Bu is for tow sports. you can do a search for Boating mags comparison in the spring of 08'
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-25-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
I've always thought those were cool looking boats with some cool features and an I/O does have one advantage in backing up but ultimately for what we all do V drive all day.

Funny they show a chick coming out of the bathroom with a magazine, love it!
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-25-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
Links -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmeuLTqHa7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Y4QNN3pfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUUT1lTB80
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-25-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
"I am pretty interested now in looking at this boat the L.A. Boat Show."

I guess you are Derek

Username: Dwatson12
Full Name: Jack Robinson
E-mail Address: derekw@suncountrymarine.com
Last Logged In: January 25, 2009
Total Posts: 1

http://www.suncountrymarine.com/staff.asp
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-25-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Owned, get lost.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       01-25-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
I will say that I came away pretty impressed from those videos. I still wouldnt get one over an inboard, but its a pretty nice boat. They push that it has better top end speed. Cool. Most people who are in it to wakeboard could care less about top end, and want something that will get out of the hole and onto plane quickly, even if its loaded up. I'd like to see how that 4300lb boat with a 300HP motor does when it has 6-8 people, gear, and ballast in there. I dont care what those people say, the Extreme is not the perfect wake out of the box. Ballast is always needed.

The Wake surfing was a pretty pathetic wake. It was just straight wash over, not to mention, isnt it illegal on an I/O?

Obviously some of it were some pretty pathetic marketing plugs. "Keep in mind that MOST of inboards are equipped with an 8.1 liter which makes the Chaparrals efficiency even more pronounced". I dont know about you, but we only sell a few 8.1s a year, yet sell countless 325-340s.

I didnt watch the 3rd video, but I doubt it went into resale value, because inboards win easily in that one too.

Lastly, we know you work at a Chaparral dealership. It's cool if you want to show this new boat. Its not a bad deal, and I'm sure there's more than a few people who end up buying these, but dont try and hide that you sell these by saying "I am pretty interested now in looking at this boat the L.A. Boat Show." People will immediately discredit you around here if you do. Go ask the wakecraft dealer in his thread.

Nice boats, not better than a Malibu (or most inboards for that matter)
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-25-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
a big LOL @ the ''wakeboarders'' on that show... um I like the boat because I can back it up easily when I'm docking?? what kind of shredder is that!
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-25-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
If you want to promote a product throw David Williams some money and ADVERTISE. You would get a much more positive response if you were up front with people. Just look at the recent wakecraft threads.
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-25-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
I love how the first video makes you think you're going to miss the top 5 mph. No I/O can handle like an inboard period.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       01-25-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
What is it with fricken trolls on here these days? Seems like they're everywhere...
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-25-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Not a fan. it illegal to wakesurf behind an inboard/outboard in FL. But the 5 miles faster is really impressive
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-25-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Dan Dulong?!
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
Looks like a nice boat but they go for 65-80k.....you can buy a real sick wakeboat for that.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
wow wakesurfing behind an I/O. The only thing i have ever found that I/O have on inboards are thier backing ability. but seriosly who tries to do the slalom course backwards.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-25-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
OWNED
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-25-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
You guys who think that I/Os like this Chaparral are unsafe are fooling yourself. It would be interesting to see how much different the placement of the prop is on these boats & any of our v-drives..... their not a lot different.
Upload

Other I/Os, yes, I'll give you that one. But these guys aren't making this boat & selling it to the surfers because it sucks. Go check one out & see for yourself. The duo-prop setup is badass. Very efficient & very powerful. The end result could very well be easier throttle control at surf speeds, better fuel economy, and the ability to raise your prop up if depth is a problem.

I haven't driven the Chaparral, and the first thing I notice is the rear seat look pretty cool for ballast & offering people a great view of the rider. I would imagine these boats would also handle rough water better than most v-drives. It would be interesting to see how well they respond to adding ballast.

All that said, I prefer my Vride better than most I/Os too. But I have an open enough mind that I'd check out a well designed I/O given the opportunity.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-25-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
^^^Is that a joke? The prop on my Supra is 1ft from the back of the hull and has the ruder in front of it for some protection. With the platform on the prop is 3 1/2 ft under the boat. That I/O is in the middle of the platform.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-25-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
LMAO!

No comparsion about the wakes and expecially in the wakesurfing.

WHO NEEDS A LADDER ON THE BACK OF THE SWIM PLATFORM????

BTW I dont want my friends to be able to take a crap on my boat. What about the maintenance for that at the end of the day!

Dont get me wrong this boat has a place in the market but not the supreme wakeboard boat!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-25-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Ok, here we go.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

To sit there and say that an I/O is more safe than an inboard is by for theeeee most absurd thing I have ever come across.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Another issue with the fixed/built-in swim step is it's part of the overall length of the boat. Taking the swim step off is a 2 minute snap & allows me to store the boat in my garage.

I'm with MOX - if you need a ladder to get up on board, maybe you shouldn't be trying to jump the wake 75' back (and I'm an old guy!).
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-25-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Andy
You look like your about 15 in your profile!
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-25-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Hahaha. Thank you for the good laugh, Nick.

(Message edited by tcaz on January 25, 2009)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-25-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
I would not call that chaperall safe at all, it's got nothing on an inboard.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-25-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
Most boats take some time to get figured out. If you've ever owned an I/O you know how nice the trim adujstment is on them. Malibu did just add a power wedge though. Same concept.

I've owned an I/O and my last 4 have been inboards. I go through a lot of boats and I'm getting frustrated by my inboards just cause I'm up to around 2k ballast in my maristar and I have yet to figure out the wake....That being said I haven't owned a nautique or a really highly recommended wake machine other than a MC 205....I had 1500 lbs in that and I was never really impressd with the wake and there was no more space left in the boat. So all I can say is I'm torn. I've ridden behind some nice boats...rode behind a brand new x star this last year and it was pretty nice. Last summer the X2 but was not impressed. I've owned a sunsetter, tristar, prostar and maristar and I haven't been impressed. My boat budget stays under 20k. So am I screwed for an inboard?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-25-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
Rob, You need to get into a vdrive. If you are willing to travel to the bay area there are Sanger V210's all the time that are 15-25k. From what I have heard 1500-2000 pounds and you are set. A vdrive is really nice compared to a direct drive because you can hide most if not all the ballast in storage compartments.

What Maristar do you have currently?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-25-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Under 20k and V-drive i would look for

MC 205V
Nautique Supersport
Sanger V215/V210
Moomba Mobius LSV/Outback V
Tige 21v/22v
Malibu Sunsetter VLX
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-25-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
I just updated my profile pic of the boats I've owned. I have family in the Sacramento...I live in Utah but bought the 205 at Tahoe and the Malibu from Freemont. I need to sell the maristar first.....Its a 225vrs. Just a big wide boat with a rounded bottom.
Upload
Old     (fossilfuelburner)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-25-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Gotta give Chaparral credit for doing a remarkable job in marketing. Targets first-time, inexperienced boat buyers and makes them feel the Xtreme is superior to inboards in every possible way. Simply not true.

The comparison when they reversed through a slalom course was hilarious. And the claim that inboards can only take 3 passengers with ballasts full was funny too.

(Message edited by fossilfuelburner on January 25, 2009)
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-25-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
The only thing is the got right for a solid wakeboard boat is Wetsounds on the tower.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-25-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Rob, I wouldn't base your inboard wake opinion on an older 225 maristar. I have heard they do not throw a very good wake no matter what you do to them.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       01-25-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Is it just me or is anyone else disgusted that Chaparral is marketing this boat to wakesurfers? I can't really imagine anything more irresponsible. I have personally seen loved-ones take bad falls while wakesurfing that would have killed them had we been behind an I/O. It seems to me that these guys are truly taking advantage of people that are uninformed in the sport (lets be honest, Chaparral will not attract any core riders). I can't see how I could sleep at night knowing that I put a young family in a position to hurt themselves while on the water.
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-25-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
The only "innovative thing they did is take all the cool whistles and bells like the spinner board racks and a decent tower. I/O's track like garbage. I don't care about acceleration. I don't know any boarders who care how quickly the boat can get to 40+mph. I would never surf behind an I/O. The marketing is misleading at best.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Chapparral should be ashamed to have produced such an irresponsible video and released it. I can't imagine how wakesurfing behind this boat is in any way safe. You do not have to worry about moving people around plus you will have plenty of storage in the center locker for the missing body parts you gonna have to collect. Bonus. Not cool.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2009, 2:42 PM Reply   
My bad, yes I am disgusted Chqwakeboarder. You are right on homie.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
I seriously have been sitting here in the airport looking at this thread for 15 mins now debating on what I wanna say. My first thought was ahhahahaha another D-BAG dealer called out trying to be sneaky and then i got to the part where it was stated they are marketing to wakesurfers and now it's kinda CHAPARRAL NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. SERIOUSLY. I really hope it does not take someone losing a leg much less there life for Chaparral to wisen up and realize their HUUUUUUUUGE mistake.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-25-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
"I am pretty interested now in looking at this boat the L.A. Boat Show."

Why wait til the boat show, just look up from your computer and look at the one in your showroom as it looks like you are a Chaparral salesman for Sun Country Marine.

Now, for your question, Chap makes a great boat, but they are taking the wrong approach to this market by telling potential buyers that it is safe to surf behind, quite irresponsible if you ask me. Since you've been boating since you were 3, you should know this. Good luck at the LA boat show with your Chaparrals.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-25-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Nick those illustrations almost made me spit out my drink,funny stuff bro.the fact that you took all the time to research and then shop all that together is also funny stuff :-)

all true and good points though..
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-25-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
I did find the head funny. I am not a big fan of heads on wakeboats. I always have my friends help clean up the boat when we are done using it, could you imagine the fights over who was gonna clean out the crapper? The ladder on those boats are a must. Unlike wakeboats the swim decks sit up out of the water, it is obvious to us that we don't need ladders because our decks sit even or in many cases under water.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-25-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
that was one uggggggly dash. i bet its a smooth ride though
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-26-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
I had A fun debate with the chapp dealer at our boat show. He kept saying you would hit the swim deck before the prop. It was fun watching his face turn red and get mad when I even stated how if it's so safe does florida make it illegal to surf behind i/o's??? He must have hated me cause I kept pointing out the huge con's to his boat compared to the bu sitting across the walkway from him.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-26-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
^^hahah good job.
the Montreal boat show is in 5 days and you can be sure that I'm gonna raid that chapp booth
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-26-2009, 6:05 AM Reply   
I will say the funniest I saw was one of the toon companies had A tower with speakers on it and all. It looked clean for a toon but was funny how everyone is doing towers and nearly everyone is doing the wide front / pickle fork.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-26-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Who wants to take one for the team and loose a hand so they can own chap?
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-26-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
The Xtreme is a 70K MSRP boat, of course it is going to be really nice. The head and the wet bar really are the best feature, and make it worth looking at.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-26-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
You can't put lipstick on a pig.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-26-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
^^ I disagree....you can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day, you're still kissin' a pig.
as long as the buyer knows what he's getting into, it's allright...but telling people it's safe to surf 30'' from a crippling device...not cool.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-26-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
I'll bet "Derek" or "Jack" or "whatever his real name is" wishes he had not started this thread.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-26-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Upload
"Uhh... yea, I found this vid on youtube. But I can't copy and paste...."
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-26-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
i couldn't even watch 3 minutes of that video. did he really say that technology hasn't changed in the inboard market since 1957? Please tell me he didn't say that.. did he? really?
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Well i just wasted 20 minutes of my employers time by reading this AWESOME thread. Thanks for the laughs on this cold Monday morning.
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-26-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Wasn't the guy in the vid selling Shamwows?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-26-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
all the pro's in that video....career suicide
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-26-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
I wonder how much they paid all those pros to do that? The wake isn't even that big. I would take that Malibu any day of the week over Chaparral!!! The wakesurfing part is a complete joke along with the rest of the video.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
All Chap needs now is Billy Mayes to be the spokesman. Billy Mayes here with a new revolution in wake sports. The all new Chap blah blah blah..3 easy payments of 20k and it too can be yours...Blah
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-26-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I didn't know Justin Timberlake made the jump to product endorsement. I was waiting for the rest of the back street boys to jump in the boat and start signing the new chaparral theme song!

What a waste of 8 minutes of my life.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-26-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
has no one emailed this guy asking for more info?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
I think the wakeboard wake looks great, but wakesufing sounds like a terrible idea. It might be safer than a normal IO, but still very very scary. Also the sun pad on V-drives is a great feature, mine gets used more than any other area. I can hold onto my swim deck and my feet can't touch my V-drive prop. Someone going to be stupid and surf behind this boat, and they are going to loose an arm or something and they are going to get sued!
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-26-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Is that a Soven in the 2nd vid?
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-26-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
For anyone who states "you will hit the swim platform before you hit the prop" on a v-drive... go ride behind one. When the boat is moving you will see the prop just under the surface of the water... and there is nothing but air under that swim platform and the bottom of the deep-v hull. IF you fall you are going under the swim platform and into the transom... if you hit the transom... well... you have already passed the twin spinning props (I had a 25' Crownline with a Bravo III drive... very similar to the Chap... there is NO WAY i would surf behind it... i wanted to surf... wanted to convince myself it was safe, but it didn't take much thinking to see that it would be a very very dumb thing to do.)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-26-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
fail
Old     (lowend)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-26-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
hahahahaha
This stuff cracks me up.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-26-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
Just sounds like someone else trying to cash in on the wakeboard thing, put a tower on it and now it’s a remarkable wakeboard boat. I owned a I/O boat and I will never go back after owning a V-drive, as far as the salesman that works there and posting something like that and didn’t think anyone would find out, has to be one stupid idiot.
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-26-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
opps.. in my previous post i mis-typed.. meant "For anyone who states "you will hit the swim platform before you hit the prop" on a STERNDRIVE or I/O

Obviously on a v-drive you hit the swimplatform or the transom.. but no prop.

(Message edited by gregtay on January 26, 2009)
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-26-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
I love how they claim to be innovators and are what... 6 years behind MC and the pickleforks. idiots.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
I see the future: The Chaparral Pro Wakeboard Tour. I don't know how much weight they run on the other tours, but in the PWT they are running like 4K lbs in that monster. I wonder how well the Chap would handle or accelerate with even half that on board. I noticed they bashed the HP ratings compared to the weights of the boats...they failed to mention that the inboard tow boat motors are engineered to provide more torque.

Would it change everyone's mind if Chap did end up sponsoring the WWC or PWT? I can see it happening one day. It is obvious that they are willing to spend lots of money to get into this market. This is witnessed by hiring pro athletes and developing a marketing strategy.

I have heard that the inboard market is something like 10K boats a year, and I would guess that these numbers are down in our current economy. To me that seems like a pretty small number to have a pleasure boat company trying to jump into and call all the top dogs in that market segment outdated.
Old     (ridersdad)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Anybody in New England that wants to look at the Chaparral compared to an inboard, stop by the Mastercraft Booth at the New England Boat Show. Chaparral is across the aisle from us.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-26-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
a friend of mine has a chapparal and it is a great boat for cruising, partying, and lounging on. a premier wakeboarding boat it is NOT.

looks like im gonna have to punk derek at the LA boat show........
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-26-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
70k hell no. there is a dealer near me and i was in with a friend looking at a fishing boat. sharp boat but for 70k. noooo way
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-26-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
Upload

made for an old thread about this :-)
Old     (tx03gt)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-26-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
Come on guys. You cant tell me when you test drove your inboard you didn't drive the slalom course in reverse.
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-26-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
That inboard WAS COMPLETELY OFF COURSE!!! I wonder what the world slalom record is in reverse? As a side note anyone that poos on my boat is banned forever.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-26-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I can drive mine through a slalom in reverse. It's a lot of work and I do admit that my I/O was better at it. I can parallel park my inboard at the floating store easier than with my I/O and that's something I do more often.
I don't have a problem with Chaparral advertising to a wake crowd. I do have a problem with some of the dissembling of information that goes with there promotions.

I like your comment Ridersdad.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-26-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
I did the slalom course in reverse in my Supra this in in 10.45sec! Its a world record! Seriously

And its way cooler to back your boat onto the trailer!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-27-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Nothing else to say:
Upload
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-27-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
Hey luker if they made it just a tad larger it could be used as a "stabin cabin" lol Just take out porta john put in some mood lights a condom dispenser and there ya go.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
Man that thing has to be a gas chamber! I couldn't imagine my buddies going in there and doing work!
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-27-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
Donnie Covington is a past MC Rep.

I can't believe that they are endorsing multiple times wakesurfing. I haved owned inboards and now have a Cobalt. I would NEVER consider letting our son attempt wakesurfing.

I have owned both Inboards and I/O's, they both have their advantages. To ski or board...inboard.
Boat in rough water....I/O.

Anyone get the idea that one of these days this video is going to make some attorney's VERY happy?