Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-28-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
Gonna wire into a couple of the dash switches that are not in use to maintain the OEM look.

Word of advice, the mounting point ( on 09 X2 ) lines up with the ballast pumps inside the transom, so if you want to use a backing plate and bolt through, the pumps will need to be relocated.

Try em out this weekend.

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-30-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
Been thinking about adding the tabs for surfing. Do I need all three, or just the outer two?
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-01-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
dont think you need all three, the attitude plate was oem for this one.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-03-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
So whats the verdict on the tabs? Any pictures?
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-05-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Testem em out yesterday. They difinaitley alter the stance of the boat.
I think I need to drop the position of the actuator connection to the tab to the next hole so the tabs can deploy further for more effect.( see picture )

Yesterday we had the following set up_

pot full + port flyhigh full
KGB pump would not pump for some reason, couldnt get any weight up front in stock or flyhigh.
STB tab deployed 100%
2 on boat

Easily surf port side on a 4.6'. Still colse to boat, thought it would have pushed the pocket back furtherer, the wave was very rampy but short. Sorry no Pic's, camera battery dead.

Once i sort the ballast and repositon the tabs I think it will make all the difference, will try again next week end with some photos.

Pic of Toggle location.

Old     (cwb121)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-07-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
What kit did you buy? Do you have any part numbers?
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-08-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Kit is from Lenco, dont have part numbers anymore sorry.
Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-08-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
i think when you get the front pump working and get some ballast in it the wave should be longer? i think......
Old     (peettee79)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-09-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
Found that the front ballast valve had been switched off, on the intake under the engine, must have done that when it went in for service for some reason, probably so I would buy a new impellor from them. Any way all good now, test her out sunday.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-30-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
Have you been out since your last post? Pictures, comments?