Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-23-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
I want to add heat to my 2001 X-Star. In my previous boat which had a closed bow, I had a heat vent under the dask and a hot tube under the passenger seat. I'll still get a heat vent under the dash, but now with an open bow, I can either have a hot tube along side the opening to the bow or have it routed around and under the passenger seat.
Anyone have any experience that would lead to a prerference to one way or the other?
Also, Heatercraft has a heater with a 3 vent option (1 vent and 2 hot tubes). I could then run the 2nd hot tube further back in the seating.
Anyone experience if this works as well as it sounds, or are the reasons to stick with the 2 vent?
Thanks for any feedback.
Billy
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-30-2004, 5:56 AM Reply   
Billy

I have a '98 X-star and put in a 3 vent heater. It is the best bucks I ever spent! It's a tight fit for the three vent fan/radiator module but it does work.

See also the article the kids on here did on the wakeworld BU - v. helpful.

Basically, stick the heater matrix bit behind the drivers kick board and run one hot tube up to the drivers side of the walk through, the other hot tube goes to the drivers feet (so the driver can pull it out and pass it to a passenger) and then one euro vent on the drivers feet. Works a treat!!

Worth the extra pennies for the extra vent, big time!
Matt
Old    chip_boarder            06-30-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
I have an 04 Moomba with 2 hoses and one vent. The best $400 I ever spent. The chicks love the heat and you can stick each hose in the bottom of your board shorts, helps prevent shrinkage. I live in Minnesota and we have been using the heat all season this year.
Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-06-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
Chip,
Is the Moomba you have an open bow?
How did you run the 2 hoses?
Billy