Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lalh20)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-07-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
I was fortunate enough to go to KC Watersports this sunday for my first time at a cable park. I absolutely loved it but definitely learned some stuff (like cable park ropes are like rubber bands!).

Now to my main question - I realized that cable parks go MUCH slower than I'm used to (i currently ride behind a boat 22mph). I was renting a board because I don't have a slider dedicated board yet but I had to go back and rent a larger board than I'm used to to accomodate for the slower speed. Now that I know I love the cable park, I want to buy a board to use there. What size should I get?

I normally ride a 134 which yes, I know is still a little small for my size, 5'10'' and 185 LBS. What would you say is the size of board to go with for someone my size at that slow of speed? Are all cable parks pulling around 18-19mph?