Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Didn't take long for Rod to get back to anal sex again.

Do you really think Kaep cares about a contract?
He cared enough about it to state that he would stand for the anthem this year and not be a distraction at one point. You decide.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Because anyone that promotes the lie that protesting the govt is disrespecting vets is guilty of disrespecting their sacrifices to protect the nation. You are propagating that lie. It's a matter of simple logic, unlike your claim that the players protests are based on a lie, which is not based on logic. Your claim is based on ignorance and an inability to grasp the simple concept that one thing that makes this country great is our right to criticize the govt. The flag is a symbol that represents our govt and to respect the vets you have to respect what they fought for. You don't apparently because you have the mistaken belief that you are privy to where racism does and does not exist. And that rings the crap out of my BS meter.
I think you are using a lot of words that you just put together an made up a paragraph.

I don't give a dang if you or anyone else protests. freedom baby. Don't bring it into my living room especially when me and many others pay $200 or $300 a year to watch it.

The vast majority of Americans did not give a $hit about players actions until he said it and the media showed and talked about it before and during every game. I think a vast majority of Americans agree they have the right to protest. So do I. You don't seem to understand that point. What you don't understand is people paid to watch a sport, not politics.

Just like you say that me and others can not determine racism, you can not determine that many people are offended by their protest during the Anthem. Not the flag. The Anthem and they are. Regardless of what you think the message being sent is, they don't want it. Does not matter what their original leftist message was, it is now over shadowed by their protest actions and Kaeps assertion that Americans are all racist and police are targeting black people. The media shows it every time and rubs peoples nose in it by talking about it. Their protest is a lie.

Vast majority are not racists and the statistics do not pan out that black people are being singled out and murdered by police. That lie has got more innocent people killed and cities burned. It is a leftist ploy at best.

You and I have determined that none of us own people's feelings. Great. Why do that to your paying customers. Why make people make a choice? It is bad for business. You and I may not care about the protest, well I do only for the reason I think they are disrespectful liars. I am pretty sure you put zero money into NFL viewing, tickets, gear, viewership. Me. My living room is full of signed mounted jersey's, signed helmet, had season tickets, Sunday Ticket and so on. Viewing the NFL determined my TV purchase and the only reason I keep Directv at this point is for NFL. Of the people in this conversation, who should the NFL care more about alienating?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2017, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I think you are using a lot of words that you just put together an made up a paragraph.
Me and everyone else since the beginning of literacy. But thanks for that Capt Obvious moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I don't give a dang if you or anyone else protests. freedom baby. Don't bring it into my living room especially when me and many others pay $200 or $300 a year to watch it.

The vast majority of Americans did not give a $hit about players actions until he said it and the media showed and talked about it before and during every game. I think a vast majority of Americans agree they have the right to protest. So do I. You don't seem to understand that point. What you don't understand is people paid to watch a sport, not politics.
How would I understand that when they are saying the problem is disrespecting vets. Hell I just thought it was an another example of ignorant conservatives engaging in logical fallacies and destroying yet another thing they love out of ignorance. Now I know it's just using vets because they don't like where they spent their money.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-13-2017, 6:44 PM Reply   
Delta you're all over the place.

If it's the couple hundo that's soiling your armchair warrior shorts then turn the game on 2 minutes later.

You and everyone else are more than welcome to vote with their wallets.

Personally, the NFL could fail tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2017, 6:49 PM Reply   
So does anyone think that if (all healthy and cleared to play) Zac, Dez and Ezekeil Elliot took a knee that Jerry Jones would bench them at a home game? LOL at JJ.
Delta, chill. sounds like you need a comfort station, time out in the safe zone.

The whole bruha was dying down til the reality tv guy opened his trap. 5-6 guys until...dongtard opens his mouth, everyone is in an uproar and once again dividing the country.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Me and everyone else since the beginning of literacy. But thanks for that Capt Obvious moment.

How would I understand that when they are saying the problem is disrespecting vets. Hell I just thought it was an another example of ignorant conservatives engaging in logical fallacies and destroying yet another thing they love out of ignorance. Now I know it's just using vets because they don't like where they spent their money.
For me, I don't want lies and disrespect on my TV. I don't care if they kneel before or after the anthem because they are doing it by calling Americans racists and supporting castro. For many vets, they are pissed that they are doing it during the anthem. I don't think anyone denies the right to protest. They hate disrespect.

It is not about using vets because it is many vets that are pissed about this. Then it turns into, are the vets and the others going to put their money behind something they find offensive? People love their football, but they will do the right thing to their standards. They will turn away from the NFL if they do not clean it up and they are going to be pissed because they were forced to make a decision.

They have the freedom to protest, the fans have the freedom to not watch and put their money in it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-13-2017, 7:03 PM Reply   
I see. So clearly you turned away from "daddy bought me 5 deferments" "bone-spur but love me some tennis" Trump after his horribly disrespectful comments about war veteran and POW John McCain.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Delta you're all over the place.

If it's the couple hundo that's soiling your armchair warrior shorts then turn the game on 2 minutes later.

You and everyone else are more than welcome to vote with their wallets.

Personally, the NFL could fail tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
I watch every minute of every game I can. I live for football. I watch Thursday if I get home in time, 5 to 7 on Sunday and 1 on Monday.

I'm just relaying the message to you. I never cared what those a-holes did before, but they are disrespectful. I am not buying any gear or tickets though until they figure this out. They ramp it up, I may just save myself some money and move on.

Your last line is the bottom line though. The people who think their disrespect is fine because it pisses off conservatives more than likely not the ones who are paying the bills. The NFL and players better understand that. The league does not run on thanks.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I see. So clearly you turned away from "daddy bought me 5 deferments" "bone-spur but love me some tennis" Trump after his horribly disrespectful comments about war veteran and POW John McCain.
Trump was never my guy so I don't care. After the abuse you guys gave Bush and every conservative, Trump is the perfect revenge for you guys. I have to say, he is growing on me. At least he is America first. I will take that. I don't know what his beef with McCain the RINO and others are. I will let them sort it out.

I don't think I would comment about war veterans if I were you. You are so anti nukes that you would have sacrificed a million vets in the name of your beliefs.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
So does anyone think that if (all healthy and cleared to play) Zac, Dez and Ezekeil Elliot took a knee that Jerry Jones would bench them at a home game? LOL at JJ.
Delta, chill. sounds like you need a comfort station, time out in the safe zone.

The whole bruha was dying down til the reality tv guy opened his trap. 5-6 guys until...dongtard opens his mouth, everyone is in an uproar and once again dividing the country.
All you have to do is bench on of them like Al Davis did to Markus Alien. Start messing with checks and legacy, they will come around. Either that, or start letting go of any of their fringe playing buddies on the team. There are ways.

Maybe it was dying down, however the players have the ability to ignore him. I guess that did not work to well.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-13-2017, 7:18 PM Reply   
I couldn't care less who it pisses off because I don't see it as disrespect. Of course the NFL has to make a business decision, no disagreement there. However I don't know that that decision as as clear-cut as you seem to think it is.

I also think it's interesting that you're not bothered in the least by POTUS getting involved and calling for people to be fired.

Regarding reasons for 2017 viewership decline:
National anthem protests 3 percent
Domestic violence 2.8 percent
Game delays 2.8 percent
Excessive commercials 2 percent
Election coverage 1.9 percent
Cord-cutting 1 percent

They do seem to have a particular problem with millenials:
http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-l...graphic-2016-2
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-13-2017, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Trump was never my guy so I don't care. After the abuse you guys gave Bush and every conservative, Trump is the perfect revenge for you guys. I have to say, he is growing on me. At least he is America first. I will take that. I don't know what his beef with McCain the RINO and others are. I will let them sort it out.

I don't think I would comment about war veterans if I were you. You are so anti nukes that you would have sacrificed a million vets in the name of your beliefs.
Never said I was anti-nuke. I said that many of Truman's own advisers and generals said the bomb was a mistake and unnecessary *in the way that it was used* - and that he had no regard for the Japanese people as human beings. The bombs could have easily been demonstrated and used to end the war quickly. The only sticking point as it was was the emperor, which we capitulated on eventually anyway. Look it up.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-13-2017, 7:27 PM Reply   
Also, just to be clear - when a football player disrespects vets (in your opinion) it's worth having a fit over, but when a presidential candidate/president does it, it's no big deal because he's "not your guy?"
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I couldn't care less who it pisses off because I don't see it as disrespect. Of course the NFL has to make a business decision, no disagreement there. However I don't know that that decision as as clear-cut as you seem to think it is.

I also think it's interesting that you're not bothered in the least by POTUS getting involved and calling for people to be fired.

Regarding reasons for 2017 viewership decline:
National anthem protests 3 percent
Domestic violence 2.8 percent
Game delays 2.8 percent
Excessive commercials 2 percent
Election coverage 1.9 percent
Cord-cutting 1 percent

They do seem to have a particular problem with millenials:
http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-l...graphic-2016-2
The not seeing it as disrespect is a core issue and it seems to be down democrats (internationalists) and republicans (nationalist). I think that is why you are seeing majority of American counties swinging more and more republican and your high population centers staying democrat. It is a fundamental way that we all view the country and our flag.

As far as it being clear cut. I agree. What does a 3 percent due to protests equal in TV revenue? How many views and will this overall affect the next TV contract with the NFL. Overall they are not being very smart. I think the players are over playing their hands. I still do not watch regular season baseball after the strike year. Did not watch a single game this year and baseball was my families life growing up. 3 of us played college ball.

As far as Trump calling them out? I think he should have kept it to himself, but there is a culture war on. I would hear near daily how kaep should be singed on the radio shows. I was thinking the same thing Trump said. Fire a couple of these guys and send the message. The only thing that Trump did was get this into political talk shows. Conservative viewers were already pissed that they were doing this during the anthem. My Colts got rid of a player immediately last year after he did that crap in England. Of course he stunk up the field that game and was a late season signing. He was a distraction at that point.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Also, just to be clear - when a football player disrespects vets (in your opinion) it's worth having a fit over, but when a presidential candidate/president does it, it's no big deal because he's "not your guy?"
Yep. Isn't it lovely. I don't watch Trump. I don't get tweets. I don't watch the news. I will read stories and articles. Much of what is said about Trump and other politicians is made up or taken out of context anyway. That is why you did not see me in hear bagging on Obama daily. Same thing with many of these show votes in congress. Most of them were set up to create propaganda.

Football? I pay money. It is my escape and my hobby. I don't want to think less of the players and I don't want them to make me have to make a decision. My wife works in law enforcement and I would hear the stories daily and see the lies in the print by local papers.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Did you actually read and process the articles you posted? One was from 2014 and the bill was attached to another bill. Show vote.

The other looks like they are removing some benefit from people who are double dipping.
Why does it matter the year? I can keep going back and finding more instances where republicans have screwed over vets if you want.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-14-2017, 1:18 AM Reply   
Now THATíS some football. Go bears!

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2017, 2:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Now THATíS some football. Go bears!

That's called stupidity and luck that he's not looking at a blown out knee and shoulder . You can bet his coach grabbed him afterwards and told him what a complete idiot he was to do that when the TD means absolutely nothing because you're already up 20pts. Great way to end a promising career
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-14-2017, 2:39 AM Reply   
I suppose you could make that bet, but just like 90% of what you post on here youíd be wrong.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...at-bothell-hs/
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-14-2017, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
That's called stupidity and luck that he's not looking at a blown out knee and shoulder . You can bet his coach grabbed him afterwards and told him what a complete idiot he was to do that when the TD means absolutely nothing because you're already up 20pts. Great way to end a promising career
Considering he's not a top 10 QB prospect, and a 20 point lead in college football means nothing, pretty sure your opinion here isn't needed.

Btw on your old post where you called em all "pieces of ****", what about all the ones who do more for he community than the standard "white don't disrespect the flag" guys? Even Marshawn has plenty of foundations setup for the community.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2017, 3:50 AM Reply   
This is about as disgusting as it can get. Disrespecting an officer who gave his life to protect people from violent scum. To top it off it's s black officer . Absolutely disgusting. Their true colors show through even more. Maybe all the police should just stop protecting all these NFL stars on the field every Sunday. Truly am entirely new low. Karma will hopefully catch up to every single one of those kneeling pieces of **** .

On Sunday, the national anthem protests continued, but one team took it to a whole new level that we've never seen before and this time, it wasn't even during the national anthem.

Before the kickoff of the New Orleans Saints versus the Detroit Lions game, and even before the presentation of the American flag, several Saints players took a knee. But their timing is what is really turning heads.

The players took a knee during a moment of silence for a murdered police officer named Marcus McNeil, who was a father of two and was slain while on duty just two days prior to the game...

Because of the kneeling players, fans rained down boo's on the players during the moment of silence, making it not very silent at all and ruining the tribute.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2017, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal;1969241/
Btw on your old post where you called em all "pieces of ****", what about all the ones who do more for he community than the standard "white don't disrespect the flag" guys? Even Marshawn has plenty of foundations setup for the community.

Still doesn't change the fact lynch is a classless , self centered, attention grabbing , ignorant piece of trash that is all about himself

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-16-2017 at 3:55 AM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-16-2017, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Still doesn't change the fact lynch is a classless , self centered, attention grabbing , ignorant piece of trash that is all about himself
Yep, the guy who doesn't want to speak to media, has an incredible track record of community work and donations. But I forgot he's black, so obviously he's everything you just said.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-16-2017, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
This is about as disgusting as it can get. Disrespecting an officer who gave his life to protect people from violent scum. To top it off it's s black officer . Absolutely disgusting. Their true colors show through even more. Maybe all the police should just stop protecting all these NFL stars on the field every Sunday. Truly am entirely new low. Karma will hopefully catch up to every single one of those kneeling pieces of **** .

On Sunday, the national anthem protests continued, but one team took it to a whole new level that we've never seen before and this time, it wasn't even during the national anthem.

Before the kickoff of the New Orleans Saints versus the Detroit Lions game, and even before the presentation of the American flag, several Saints players took a knee. But their timing is what is really turning heads.

The players took a knee during a moment of silence for a murdered police officer named Marcus McNeil, who was a father of two and was slain while on duty just two days prior to the game...

Because of the kneeling players, fans rained down boo's on the players during the moment of silence, making it not very silent at all and ruining the tribute.
I agree, booing during a moment of silence is disgusting.

I forgot, taking a knee for a fallen officer is disrespectful? Isn't that the most respectful? They then stood for the anthem. It's becoming very clear this movement has nothing to do with the anthem and everything with race.

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 10-16-2017 at 8:43 AM.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-16-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
The Saints stand for the anthem. They kneel for a short time before it then they get up before it starts. Some of the players (around 8 of them) were still on one knee when they had a moment of silence for a local cop that was killed the other day. Half the crowd was buying drinks, going to the bathroom, or buying food. Some of the fans (less than a quarter) still in the stands got excited, thinking they were seeing a protest and began to boo and yell during the officers moment of silence (but I don't think we're supposed to mention that).
Unlike how the article (re-fashioned 10 times from the same source) tried to portray it there weren't many people booing and it died out quickly. After, the flag was displayed and the players all stood for the anthem.
One 'boo-er' claimed he didn't realize he was screaming during the moment of silence. He thought the guys on knee were going to do it during the anthem and just started yelling.
The call for a moment of silence was made DURING the boos and yelling which is why no one in attendance heard it. They were already booing so they drowned out the officers tribute.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-16-2017, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Do you make your employees recite the national anthem before they start work?
Its not a requirement for employment but showing a lack of respect for fellow employees or being stupid in front of customers will get you a very long unpaid vacation.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-17-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The players took a knee during a moment of silence for a murdered police officer named Marcus McNeil, who was a father of two and was slain while on duty just two days prior to the game...
So, you were expecting them to stand, put their hand on their heart, and start singing the Star Spangled Banner during a moment of silence?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-19-2017, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
I agree, booing during a moment of silence is disgusting.

I forgot, taking a knee for a fallen officer is disrespectful? Isn't that the most respectful? They then stood for the anthem. It's becoming very clear this movement has nothing to do with the anthem and everything with race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So, you were expecting them to stand, put their hand on their heart, and start singing the Star Spangled Banner during a moment of silence?


Again proving your ignorance. The proper sign of respect/protocol for someone in uniform at their end of watch is a salute from a fellow member in uniform / officer, or in the case of a civilian they are to place their right hand over the heart.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-19-2017 at 4:08 PM.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:39 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us