Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    shanny            12-07-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
is the back roll hard to do? ican jump w2w and w2w 180s and like now i want to step it up should i try a 360 or a backroll
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-07-2003, 2:04 PM Reply   
Most people find the roll easier to learn but you never know. Try both and see what comes easier. I like spinning better but to each his own.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-07-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
I found the 3 to be eaier but try them both. Faceplants and ball scrapers a plenty trying 3s tho. Be prepared.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-07-2003, 4:41 PM Reply   
I think it is easier to commit to a roll than a 3. And the falls are not so bad. I would try the roll first.
Old    upupnaway            12-07-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
You may find the 3 easier. I stomped my second try on the three, but my first invert cost me scores of tries.
Old    tattoobling            12-08-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
The S-Bend is much easier than either trick you've mentioned.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-08-2003, 10:28 AM Reply   
How does not completing the roll rank in terms of pain? I'm picturing landing halfway or 3/4 quarters of the way through and being in severe pain by landing head first. Is it not as bad as I'm imagining? Is it more along the line of falling out of a tube upside down?
Old    head461            12-08-2003, 11:20 AM Reply   
I learning a b-roll now and the only pain (pain in the ass)thing about it is putting my board on, every time I try it my board pulls off at least one of my feet. Never tried a 3. Good luck!!!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-08-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   

I've tried a roll maybe four times. Once landed upside down way out in the flats...not enough pop. Each time I landed on my fat head, and none hurted.

Tried blind HS threes (quite a few times) before I ever landed a 180, and 3's can hurt. Instant headache, neck strain, etc.

But then again, I'm old and clueless.....

Back to 180's and half-cabs.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-08-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
It's water! Diving in head first is minor. What you need to worry about is landing and having your body go the opposite way of your legs. Then yes mess up a knee or ankle, etc. Rolls are easier once you get the hang of them
Old    lachlantait            12-08-2003, 9:51 PM Reply   
at the moment im trying to stick both of them ive tried about 50 backrolls and bout 20 3's.
backrolls are easy to get around but hard to get the board back under your feet (and it really hurts landing on your nuts!)
3's on the other hand are okay it only hurts when you get 3/4 of the way around and the heelside hits the water first, think whiplash affect. but lately ive been going of axis on my 3's and really hurt my back and ankle last weekend!
Old    dertbiker2000            12-08-2003, 11:29 PM Reply   
BACKROLLLS ALL THE WAY!!!!!1
NEVER TRIED THE 360
BUT HAVE GOTTEN REAL CLOSE
DIVING HEAD FIRST IS NOOOO BIGGIE
AND THE TRICK TO KEEPING THE FAMILY JEWELS SAFE IS TO WEAR A SPRINGSUIT,(WEATHER PERMITTING)

WELLL GOTTA GET BACK TO STUDYING FOR FINALS WISH ME LUCK
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-09-2003, 3:57 AM Reply   
i've got my non wake-wake 3's down, both hs and ts. am working on my rolls now, but need to thro them much later, i've seen a vid of me and i start rolling almost before i get to the wake. Also need to thro my 3's much bigger, but when i do that i thro my weight of axis and don't pop straight up.