Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2016, 6:40 AM Reply   
^Sorry I take that back ^

I do feel bad for these people's loss. I'm sure they didn't mean for this to happen and I'm sure they will never get over it. I wonder what the owners are going to do with the dog. I would have to put it down.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-02-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
https://www.yahoo.com/style/dog-maul...194908090.html

That's a new one - so I guess dressing your pit up in a Christmas sweater is a bad idea.

"It is unclear whether the dog will be euthanized." - Yeah, why not give the dog a 2nd chance? What's the worst thing that could happen?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-03-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
Moral of the story.... You can put lipstick on a pig, but you can't put a sweater on a pit bull.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-03-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Pitbulls hate Christmas.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-16-2017, 7:49 AM Reply   
When I 1st saw the headline I was thinking for sure this was the result of a Labrador or Golden Retriever, but nope...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f09dc99...uling.%27.html

Bethany Stephens’ father went looking for his daughter after he hadn’t seen her in over a day. So he decided to seek her out in a wooded area in Goochland, Virginia, where the 22-year-old often took her two pit bulls out for a stroll, according to Richmond.com. That’s when he said he found the two dogs “guarding” the body of his daughter, who police say was mauled and killed by the pets. He called 911 on Thursday night, and officers arrived just over an hour later, WTVR reported. It was a scene that Sheriff Jim Agnew said he likely won’t forget. “It was an absolutely grisly mauling,” he said, according to WTVR. “In my 40 years of law enforcement I've never seen anything quite like it. I hope .....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Dog owner gets attacked and then EATEN by her own pitbulls. Talk about bighting the hand that feeds you.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bethany...risly-details/


BTW I have come across at least 2 owners that have been killed by their own pitbulls b4 posting this
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-19-2017, 2:26 PM Reply   
Good gravy. Awful.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2017, 3:57 PM Reply   
Sorry Edit: What I was trying to say was I came across 2 different stories of Pits Attacking & killing the owner before posting this Story
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-24-2017, 9:17 PM Reply   
Another pitball attack in Kentucky women dead and man injured.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/trending-no...tack/668609890
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-24-2017, 10:41 PM Reply   
So should we make owning a pitbull illegal, just because people are dying?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-25-2017, 10:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
So should we make owning a pitbull illegal, just because people are dying?
No we should NOT make it illegal. You should be able to Own what ever type of Dog you like. At the same timei should be able to own what ever gun I want to defend my self and family from your DOG should it decide to get Loose

O BTW: another Attack and Killing
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pit-bul...njured-police/
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-26-2017, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
So should we make owning a pitbull illegal, just because people are dying?
Dogs are not inanimate objects. Dogs choose to maul/kill, guns don't. I think you are smart enough to know the difference.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-26-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Wife’s friend just lost a bulldog and injured their German Shepard from two pitts roaming their area while the owners were away from the house last week. Pitts just have a dick head mentality
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-26-2017, 12:46 PM Reply   
Dogs that show aggression should simply be put down. Sorry, dogs aren't kids, they're indispensable, there are thousands more dogs sitting shelters, not a soft spot for me even though I like them more than humans. They're like Mexicans, there's always more Mexicans. As cool, smart, loveable as they are some can't control their pets & some dogs simply can't control themselves. We have 4.5 million dog bites a year requiring medical treatment. 30-40 deaths a year from bites. 65% of those killed are by pitbulls. Majority of the animals that have killed have shown previous aggression towards neighbors, kids, owners & yet nothing can be done till the dog hurts or kills someone. Would solve a lot of problems if we did this with humans as well.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-27-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
I had to laugh. Last night I came across a news story (can’t find the link now) but as a person that has been frustrated by stupid humans that neglect their dogs and then they bark all night, I had to laugh, & then I sympathize with the woman in this story. Turns out this woman is a VET and she has been arrested and charged with Shooting her neighbors “American Bull dog” aka Pit Bull. For what they say “Apparently it barked to much” aka it barked 24/7 she took a hand gun out and blasted the dog threw the back of the head and the exit wound was the dogs left eye! Well the dog die’d. To bad so sad. If you have ever been the victim of constant “nuisance barking” then you can understand the frustration and this woman’s state of mind to do somthing so drastic her being a vet I’m sure she was no animal hater. I’m sure she was out of her mind at the time to do this.I do feel sorry for all involved. I’m sure the people that owned the pit were total piece of crap people, and if the dog is barking 24/7 it’s better off dead imo. F people that let their dogs bark.

Last edited by grant_west; 12-27-2017 at 1:34 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-27-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I had to laugh. Last night I came across a news story (can’t find the link now) but as a person that has been frustrated by stupid humans that neglect their dogs and then they bark all night, I had to laugh, & then I sympathize with the woman in this story. Turns out this woman is a VET and she has been arrested and charged with Shooting her neighbors “American Bull dog” aka Pit Bull. For what they say “Apparently it barked to much” aka it barked 24/7 she took a hand gun out and blasted the dog threw the back of the head and the exit wound was the dogs left eye! Well the dog die’d. To bad so sad. If you have ever been the victim of constant “nuisance barking” then you can understand the frustration and this woman’s state of mind to do somthing so drastic her being a vet I’m sure she was no animal hater. I’m sure she was out of her mind at the time to do this.I do feel sorry for all involved. I’m sure the people that owned the pit were total piece of crap people, and if the dog is barking 24/7 it’s better off dead imo. F people that let their dogs bark.
Lol yeah but it also depends were they were living im guessing in some rural country area without a lot of people. If it was surrounded by houses everywhere complaints would have been filed with the city and after like 3 times the dog would have been taken away.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-27-2017, 2:19 PM Reply   
This is pretty dickish, but I was 13. We had a Rottweiler next door that was left outside 24/7 & it never stopped barking! We had many run ins with the owners regarding the dog, they were dirt head a**holes, simply bad owners, typical 80's dirt head with the mullet, rusted out Camaro, feather earing & denim jacket. Regardless, the dog would not stop! Nor would the dirt head owners do anything about it. So one day my equally dickish friend & I boiled some marbles, instantly put them in ice cold water so they would crack & frag when shot. So I put one in my slingshot & shot that rot right in the nuts. Got a couple of hours of silence. Did it the next day but then I felt like a real POS so I stopped & a few weeks later my parents won the argument with the city & the dog was removed. Then dirt head tried to fight my dad & got his a** lit up! One of the best memories I have is of my old man pulverizing that moron in my front yard while the guys GF screamed & cried "You're gonna kill him, stop stop stop". After she egged it on telling her dirt head boyfriend to kick his ass, we're gonna get it now blah blah blah. We got a half pipe built about a month later & drove those people insane skateboarding that thing with every kid in town all day & night.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-27-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
Alex: getting rid of a problematic dog varies from county to county state to state. I can tell you from First had experience getting the county to step in is a VERY long and detailed process. Here in CA at our lake house we are surround by some dumb a$$ f-tard hibillys. These Roaches sound just like the guy Jack Henery describes but a 2017 version. What I have found is here at my (lake house) hood barking dog = Roach A$$ Owner. Well kept dogs don’t bark for hrs and hrs at nothing. The neglected dogs do. Trying to reason with a Roach is a lost cause. The process here in Ny hood is that you the complaintant has to make a Log of all the times the dogs barks. And you have to get at least 3-4 of your neighbors to fill out these bark logs and only then when they are full of time and dates the county will step in. It’s frustrating trying to orignize your neighbors to all Log times and dates. But eventually it will pay off. I’m working on a Guy right now that has 3 dogs that all bark. I’m gonna get his dogs removed one of these days. And when I do I’m gonna post my results in the local paper. Putting Roach ass neighbors on notice that their dogs can be taken away if they don’t take Responsibility for their animal
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-27-2017, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Alex: getting rid of a problematic dog varies from county to county state to state. I can tell you from First had experience getting the county to step in is a VERY long and detailed process. Here in CA at our lake house we are surround by some dumb a$$ f-tard hibillys. These Roaches sound just like the guy Jack Henery describes but a 2017 version. What I have found is here at my (lake house) hood barking dog = Roach A$$ Owner. Well kept dogs don’t bark for hrs and hrs at nothing. The neglected dogs do. Trying to reason with a Roach is a lost cause. The process here in Ny hood is that you the complaintant has to make a Log of all the times the dogs barks. And you have to get at least 3-4 of your neighbors to fill out these bark logs and only then when they are full of time and dates the county will step in. It’s frustrating trying to orignize your neighbors to all Log times and dates. But eventually it will pay off. I’m working on a Guy right now that has 3 dogs that all bark. I’m gonna get his dogs removed one of these days. And when I do I’m gonna post my results in the local paper. Putting Roach ass neighbors on notice that their dogs can be taken away if they don’t take Responsibility for their animal
Yeah thats true, the city takes forever before they do something about it. Nothing worse than trying to fall asleep and a dog barking outside all night. No doubt the vet had enough and shot the dog through the head.

Last edited by wakeslash; 12-27-2017 at 3:43 PM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-28-2017, 5:56 PM Reply   
When Pit Bulls Attack and Eat their owners it’s Darwin’s work in action. It’s when they attack and kill outside their owners circle that gets me.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-28-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
Go on google and type in "pit bull" a ton of news about owners and strangers getting murdered pops up this is nuts.
No surprise there banned in the UK.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 12:19 AM Reply   
Another “loving family pit bull” that’s right the family dog try’s to eat the 1 year old baby girl.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pit-bul...ning-injuries/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2018, 2:01 AM Reply   
Like i said earlier, start charging the owners of these dogs with the offenses they commit and this problem would sort itself out real quick
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-08-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Like i said earlier, start charging the owners of these dogs with the offenses they commit and this problem would sort itself out real quick
Maybe in your backward ass country they don't but here in the good ol USA, in most states, they do charge the owners & nothing changes. The best part is, most of the owners are a total stereotype but to call it out would be racist in your left wing world instead of truth.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-08-2018, 11:19 AM Reply   
I agree you should be able to own what ever type of dog you want. BUT IMO they should label pits as Dangerous animals! And just like libral Loons that want to put all these restrictions on People that want to own AR-15. Make pit owners jump threw all the hoops and safety checks that AR-15 owners must go threw. This way no one is taking away your right to own one of these LOVLEY animals, they are just in extra trouble should their animal do what we all know they want to do “Eat You”
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2018, 2:05 PM Reply   
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23...-own-dogs.html
Grim
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-27-2018, 8:54 AM Reply   
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...nb7Kz#image=23

Interesting stats. Notice the HUGE disparity between #1 and 2.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2018, 10:44 AM Reply   


Turns out that by population Rottwiellers are more dangerous
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-27-2018, 10:58 AM Reply   
Maybe for bites.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2018, 1:59 PM Reply   
Did some quick math and yep, pitbulls in 2016 were 5 times as lethal as Rotweillers.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us