Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       03-07-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
OK, with spring approaching I am getting excited to surf. Although, I never really could get the weighting right in my boat last season for surfing as it was our first season trying it. I have 3 400# fat sacs and usually ride with 3-5 people in the boat and 1 surfing. What would be the best way to weight the boat in this scenario?

Also, my wife and I surf occasionally by ourselves(it is legal with a big-a$$ mirror on our lake), where would be the best place to put the ballast when it is just a driver and a surfer?

Oh ya, we usually ride on the starboard (driver's) side as it seems the cleanest due to the prop rotation.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
noone has responded to you probly because you can go down the list and see how many people are talking about DD these days.here is what everyone in a DD should go with you can fill up all the way or just alittle with people so check this out.

700pounds on the rear seat
400 on the side
400 in the bow

It will work with people and with just 2 people just move them around till you have a nice clean wave.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       03-10-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, but Super Sports are V-Drives. It is pretty much the same thing as a Super Air 210.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
When we ride (97 SSN) we fill the locker (about 700lb), fill the rear tank (whichever side), usually port (400lb). If there is just two of us in the boat (one of which is riding) I'll also take a fat sac and either stand it on end on the rear seat corner or just lengthwise along the gunnel and fill that up with about 300lb.

Wake is great on the port that way, only gets better on the star side.

Here's pics of wave with the setup, we're going a little slow (I think it was 9.8mph), if we sped up the way gets a lot hard but loses some vert - but overall the ride is a lot better faster.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       03-10-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
I can never get mine that clean on the port side. I'll have to play around with it this summer. I like the idea of standing the bag in the corner though, I always just lay it on the floor and it doesn't seem to help much.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
osorry i thought you were talking about a sport nautique.Well i have a v 210 and i throw a 700 in the locker,400 on the ground amd 650 in the bow and i love my wave.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
^Cade, one thing I forgot to mention - when we surf on the port side of the boat the driver will basically sit right on the glovebox/cooler and just drive that way (so you have the additional 150-200lb in the middle on the port side.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       03-13-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Thanks all! Now all I need is some warm weather!